Belsimtek Announcement

Wow, I am excited about the AH-1S. I am so glad we get the classic, Cold War, TOW slinging tank hunter Cobra. THE original anti-tank gunship. The AH-1S is easily my most favorite helicopter and I didn’t dare to hope that we would get this unlikely variant.

I can’t believe that with the F-14A, F-4E and AH-1S, most of my 5 top-wanted aircraft are actually in production. Only missing now is the A-7E and A-6E. And sooner or later the Intruder is going to be announced by Heatblur too (I am fully convinced this is already in early production).

Exciting times!

Now they have to announce the Fulda Gap map ('80 Cold War/WW3 scenario) so we can have a playground for all those shiny toys.

1 Like

I also would’ve preferred the AH-1W but the S is fine. Leaves more room for an AH-64 in the lineup later!

F-4E is what the 21 really needed to face. Glad to see it coming, but I think it will need that F-14 backseat AI as well. I don’t care as much for the early and USN gunless versions so I’m happy with the E choice.

I’m sure I’ll get the 16 but I can’t really muster much enthusiasm for it after decades of Falcon and Strike Fighters. I would prefer a Beagle but if the Falcon is our first multirole AF bird so be it.

Hind. Hmmm. On the fence. I did like DI’s Hind back in the day, and also when it became flyable in the EECH/AH mods, but it always seemed to let me down in some way.

Well it is a machine that tried to do two different things at the same time; lug troops around and be a gunship. That makes it suboptimal at either role. Still, it’s a motherlovin hind man!

Those excited about the AH-1S will be disappointed to find they can either have fuel or weapons but not both. :slightly_smiling_face:

Time to queue another chipwich analogous tangent. One of my business partners and I were exchanging “my dad did this in the Vietnam war” stories, when he threw this on the table. Charles’ dad performed a amazing deed with his Cobra.

Oh yeah, and the fellow that he offered a ride on his AH-1G’s ammunition door would go on to serve his country quite well.

11 Likes

Not going to find that in the NATOPS I’d imagine. Awesome story.

1 Like

You listening, Belsimtek?
This needs to be a mission!

2 Likes

Dunno, after the virtual flak 1C got for the “Spitgirl” mission in IL-2 Cliffs of Dover…

2 Likes

I loved that mission! Shooting down that Heinkel was challenging with the babe in your lap :wink:

1 Like

Yeah, but this happened… :wink:

No, I agree with you- don’t get me wrong… just as soon as the mission was announced it seemed like EVERYONE and their mothers complained about that. I think someone even posted evidence that mission practically happened but no f-ocks were given still.

I for one love missions outside the norm (also because I learned many real life missions don’t really go “normally”) and always hope to see special content.

2 Likes

Yeah. Add a little spice.

1 Like

What, you never saw Pearl Harbor? :wink:

1 Like

Of course!
I meant in a Spitfire… :wink:

1 Like

Like those ultra-rare “strike a comm building” missions in Strike Fighters!

I wonder if there was an ini edit to make all references to that target “baby milk factory” instead… That’d be great…