Belsimtek F-4E Phantom II

I can get the good a&w not that America crap. @nicholas.dackard what’s the heatblur address and we will get a 12 pack in the mail.

2 Likes

@Toppometer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSNxFGW09Mo

2 Likes

Belsimtek Update

We are busy with F/A-18C, which is incredibly complex, but at the same time F-4E is still having some love.

Here is development progress of F-4E since our last update:

First of all F-4E made its “maiden flight” with its test bed flight model :slight_smile:

VOR/ILS AN/ARN-127 system created;
IMU Internal Measurement Unit created and Gyroscope added to it;
LORAN receiver coding in process;
Auxiliary Digital Display Indicator added;
Digital Display Indicator added;
Work on DMAS started its complex system and its starting to appear piece by piece.

7 Likes

I am baffled why they aren’t sharing resources with leatherneck on backseater/co-pilot AI. This way lies madness!

2 Likes

While the F-4E is still planned, we have other modules in higher priority like the Hornet, Yak-52, Mi-24, F-16, and AH-1. Focus on the F-4E will come once we clear several of these projects.

So, I would not expect any F-4E news for quite some time.

Thanks

We understand your feelings folks, but this is also a classic case of damned if we do, damned if we don’t. We do though strongly feel that there are a LOT more customers that are eager to fly a Viper in DCS World. The Phantom will be coming though, just a bit further back in the cue.

Thanks,
Matt

More proof that Dart lovers are heretical deviants who should be shunned at every turn for ruining all that is good and pure in aviation.

6 Likes

I wonder how far along the F-16C is, whether it’s moved up the queue because of the merger, because it’s further along and they’re already assigning work to it?

2 Likes

I’d imagine they have market data indicating there are more rubes people who would flock to a jet that is the concept of mediocrity personified rather than flying something with actual character.

3 Likes

Disappointing news. I personally am far more interested in the late 80’s F-4 they had outlined than an F-16. Oh, well. Money talks and all that jaz I guess. I guess that just means one less module to distract me from my already largely neglected stable of modules lol.

2 Likes

I’m guessing they want to go ahead and get the forum “Hornet vs. Falcon” fanboi fights out of the way now, while the Hornet is still fresh.

:grin:

3 Likes

F-111

3 Likes

Interesting times ahead for sure over at the ED forums. Especially when the inevitable BMS fanbois start showing up, and the BMS comparisons really start flowing lol.

Yep, that’s, precisely what I’m talking about. And this is why I typically avoid the ED Forums like the plague. They’re often the opposite of Batman.

3 Likes

One thing i can see from the bms crowd will be a very strong pitch fork pointed towards dynamic camaigns. That is not a bad thing. I can only see ed putting that higher on their priority list.

1 Like

So, between this and the existing pitchforks raised Re: Server performance (That we’re supposedly getting an update on tomorrow???) I think things are slated to get pretty interesting in the next 18 months from the perspective of the environment we’re flying around in.

We have the jets, we’re about to get moar jets, now we need the context!

2 Likes

maybe ED will have some dynamic functionality to show off at a time of F16 pre-releas, who knows. maybe thats the reason it was prioritized… just maybe

1 Like
4 Likes

Can we get a mod to change this post to: Belsimtek F-16C, preferably with a line running through the F-4E part?

Just kidding.

Vipers will be fun but I was really looking forward to Phantom Phun.

4 Likes

FTFF!

1 Like

I’m almost scared to ask what that stands for… :slight_smile:

1 Like