Best Gaming Experience

There’s a VR conversion for Alien Isolation. It works really well. I played for the first 10 minutes and then decided to end the game, switch off my computer, carry it out into the yard and burn it, while screaming. It’s a really good VR mod. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Very cool. I’ll try to drum up the courage to try that… some day. Not today though. Probably not tomorrow either… :wink:

2 Likes

My first date with the the girl who would eventually become my ex-wife, was seeing the original Alien in the theatre. So anything “Alien-related” is extra frightening for me…just say’n :scream:

2 Likes

Oh, I played hour upon hour of F-15SE3 in coop MP. While the FS/BS was nice, the fact that the game offered no AI wingmen meant that the ability for each of us to fly a separate Beagle doubled our firepower and was the one we defaulted to.

It replaced F3 for us as our MP jet sim thanks to F3’s flaky reliability.

Isn’t that one of the ones that Scott Elson worked on? I seem to remember that being in his stories of the old days.

1 Like

I believe so, it came out a couple of years before F-14FD. I think they used some of those systems there.

Speaking of, does HB’s F-14 match this fidelity?

1 Like

If you want to see something kind of cool…here is the Facebook page where all the ex Microprose Hunt Valley guys are still hanging out and sharing stories. Wild Bill, Elf (Elson), and some others you might recognize. Was Matt Wagner ever a part of that gang?

1 Like

Looks like a neat page Beach. Thanks for the link.
You do have to be logged into Facebook to see it though.

Wheels

1 Like

LOL…yeah, I don’t have a Facebook page, but it so happens my wife is always logged on on my computer…

1 Like

If SHE has a Facebook page YOU have a FB page, just don’t use it to post anything without her express consent in writing. :wink:

Wheels

3 Likes

He joined the team to work on Coin-Op branch. After it was closed Andy Hollis took him to work on Fleet Defender.

There was a really cool article on SimHQ written by Scott on his work at Microprose and Jane’s.

:wink:

I might as well link the whole playlist (includes all the Interceptor missions, along with the infamous carrier sub mission):

3 Likes

He was on the Jane’s F/A-18 team. He can be see in the picture from the game’s ship party, scroll down the article (3rd from the right in that picture).

1 Like

Any time I’m gaming with @saghen and hear the words “everything comes up rhino.” :grin:

1 Like