Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations GOTY

Here are reference points. If we want to cover reference points in relation to setting up missions, we can cover that at a point in time that is not 0200 in the morning.

This is a Reference Point

You can rename one by clicking this

You can create one by clicking this

You can delete some by clicking this, but let’s not.

Lets add another one

I’ve made a support mission that flies between these two waypoints (the blue line), and assigned an E-2 Hawkeye to do it.

If we keep it like this, the ships will sail off and the E-2 crew will get very lonely. Let’s not let that happen. Instead, let’s keep the reference points at a fixed bearing and distance to the carrier group by doing this.

Then clicking on the object you want them to stay close to, in this case, the carrier group.

Now the reference points will stay close to my carrier, and I won’t have to pay for air crew emotional therapy.

Adding all these reference points is tiring. Lets add four at once to define an area instead. Do it by clicking this.

I don’t want any greasy pig men ruing the paint on my ships, so I’ll tell my helicopters to search for them and give keep them away. We also attach this zone to our ships

Ruh Roh Scoobe, our AWACS have spotted some planes way off yonder. We should set up some areas for CAPs.

I’m possessive of my Tomcats, and I don’t want them imprinting on others. We tell them to stay in their box, and then define a bigger box they can play in using more than four reference points

defining an area

more points

Pretty

And then the Fire Nation Attacked

2 Likes