DCS 2.5 Update Thread (2018)

But by the time I’d be upgrading the rest the card will be out of date lol :grin:

I come bearing good news. MSAA is no longer having a detrimental effect on FPS at least for me. Just tried with 2x. Off to try 4x :slight_smile:

Edit 2x works then you begin the law of diminishing returns but nice none the less :smiley:

1 Like

Some additional info from RAZBAM on changes that made it in:

Not sure if it made it through but these are the latest (if not will be in next update):

AV8B: FM now reports properly when damage repair needed due to engine stress or aerodynamic stress
AV8B: Canopy now repairs when broken off in flight
AV8B: Landing gear now repairs when landing gear up or breaking gear
AV8B: Corrected AP and trim control to not be frame rate dependent

What definitely made it in the update:

AV8B: AFC implementation (including AFC Alt Hold)
M2000C: Corrected issue with refuel logic
M2000C: Improvements to cockpit and exterior model and textures
M2000C: Updated manual overhaul from Baltic Dragon
M2000C: Updated campaign missions
AV8B: RCS roll control damaged when associated wing damaged

3 Likes

Can confirm altitude hold works, same controls as the M2K, “A” to activate Auto Pilot and “H” to activate the Hold. Right now the switch isn’t clickable.

And now that my cockpit work load is lower and the tpod has functionality… I have to go GBU all the things lol

4 Likes

With the latest hotfix?
In VR?

Yes mate, hotfix 4 IIRC latest DCS patch anyway. Looks lush I spent 2 hours till cold and sleep forced me away flying around in a chopper listening to some classic tunes on Utoob :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Does anyone else have really long load times? For the actual DCS programme to launch and especially long for a mission to load?

Considering my SSD, yep, my loading times are a tad long-ish. I guess a mechanical HDD would suffer more.

1 Like

The more modules you have installed the longer it takes. Each protection needs verified before it launches the GUI

2 Likes

Ah that’s interesting, thanks! There are some I never touch like the helos lol, never could get the hang of them in DCS… @tempusmurphy, @Tigerwulf and @komemiute might remember my strops when I got the Huey lol

2 Likes

Ah yes … The night of the huey… That airfield looked like a burning scrapyard at the end :grin:

3 Likes

With great fondness mate haha

1 Like

:laughing: I had a faulty one I tells ya!!!

1 Like

Heh, I remember when successful landing to me meant that the helicopter wreckage would not explode.
Well, not immediately at least…

Time has passed, luckily and now I can even crashland in the generic surrounding of the intended area!

3 Likes

Any landing that doesn’t involve flames or spinning things being detached from the helicopter is a good one in my book.

3 Likes

Well then, I still have to learn something then… :confused:

1 Like

I had a very hard time with the Helo’s until I got my Rift. VR makes all the difference in the world when it comes to flying helicopters.

2 Likes

Sounds like we need a spring fly-in soon to tune these skills up :thinking:

2 Likes

FWIW I found 8GB to be insufficient for DCS World. Using 16GB, I have a G15 keyboard with a CPU/RAM meter on it and I regularly see myself using over 50% of RAM while in the game. Not a big amount over, if you had 12GB I’m sure it would be ok,
I also use an SSD and I know loading some missions takes FOREVER but it’s not my PC because I see no HD activity and the aforementioned meter shows no CPU activity and the RAM steady. If it is verifying every module before every mission loads, that is inefficient. It should be done on initial program load and then stick with it no matter how many missions load.

I don’t remember having an issue with VRAM on my GTX970, but I last had that over a year ago and never used it with 2.5.

1 Like

I turned off Deferred Shading last night and I have no stuttering so looks like I’m sticking with that :roll_eyes: The trees look awful though, bright insipid green and no amount of re-building the shader cache will stop them offending my eyes! So off putting but at least I’m stutter free.