DCS 2.5 Update Thread (2018)

Don’t read it wrong- not extended by 100km but to 100km

Honestly I don’t know what it was originally but it seemed short lol

It was about 50KM, it’s still a substantial increase in range.

1 Like

My God man, you were not understating things! This might just be me new favourite ride, after I learn how to land it. :crazy_face:

I find it almost inpossible to shed speed once she’s dirtied up, end up floating over the runway at about 400kph and an increasing AoA.

1 Like

Also, the missing quick start missions if you like:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3651000&postcount=1

3 Likes

Thank you very much Sir!

So that’s what it was!

LOL. Can’t tell you the number of times I almost went to AB to get my Viggen “out of the chocks”…somewhere along the way I must have tapped a toe break to take it out of parking brake…I figured the big plane just needed some extra nudging to start rolling…it never occurred to me that it was a bug, I thought it was a “feature”…:slightly_smiling_face:

Got it…range now 497.096 furlongs! :grin:

4 Likes

Hey any of you guys having problems with the inputs being frelled?

For some reason, DCS insists on adding inputs (default ones) on top of the inputs the user specifies. Very annoying.

Not sure what “frelled” is but yes, every time I add a peripheral it adds thrust, roll, yaw, etc. to other peripherals…like my MFDs…I almost put another Viggen into the ground (almost @Troll…almost) because probably some data entry on an MFD was giving me a big Left roll.

6 Likes

Controls are being looked at across the board and we are trying to better standardize them, its causing a few hiccups right now, but we hope it will make for a better experience in the future. Controls in DCS are one of the most daunting tasks, we are trying to take steps to improve this for all.

7 Likes

It’s good, very good to read you guys are working on this. But as it is now, it’s FUBAR (@Hangar200, “frell” goes for the F in that acronym, its from an old TV show called farscape) because it keeps adding back double bindings for all kinds of buttons.

1 Like

I heard that some people are having luck deleting all files from the different folders, except for the default lua files. As well, if that doesnt work, deleting the config folders completely might be needed. Are you using custom configs or anything, I didnt have this issue at all. So trying to track a possible reason for some having major issues.

Isn’t this supposed to be a feature? Like if I have nosewheel steering for my pinky button but want it to be override G limiter in the air?

If that worked it’d be fine, but as it is it leaves the FC3 aircraft uncontrollable for me.

That’s interesting. Yeah I have set all my controls for all aircraft myself. That’s quite a bit of work. Hate to lose all of it. I’ll try copying them out and see what happens then.

Edit: I found a folder in /user/savedgames/DCS/config/input called /default/. I took the files in there and threw them in a subfolder called backup. This seems to have fixed me… It’s late and I can’t investigate further now, will report back in later tomorrow.

This is what someone pointed out to me.

1 Like

nope, deleting H:\DCS World\Config\Input\Aircrafts\Default\joystick\ everything but default (I deleted the entire thing up from input and did a repair) did not work.

The odd thing is, the files in C:\Users\schurem\Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input aren’t touched. Their dates haven’t changed except for those I have been editing.

This strongly suggests something has gone awry in the way the program reads those custom input files from the user folder.

Edit: Oh crap. It did touch some of the custom input files. I’m afraid those are FUBAR and need to be re-done. Yay! setting up controls is my favourite part of simming! (remembers how Elite:Dangerous ate the control configs every patch for a year and a half upon release)

Its being looked at internally to see if we can resolve it for users.

3 Likes

Geez guys I hope you find something.

I am looking inside my hornet’s joystick .diff.lua and although it got touched yesterday evening (when I patched), it does seem ok at first sight…

Yeah so the .diff.lua are ok. But they aren’t read correctly. Some default gets overlaid on 'em making most buttons have two functions, often ones that bite. The game then seemingly randomly chooses what to do with the button press. For example I set castle-aft on the stick as HMD designate mode on the MiG-29 but the game insists on that also being nav-mode. So it does that. If I look in my sticks .diff.lua for the MiG, I find castle-aft is neatly bound to just HMD designate.

My advice would be to make a GREAT BIG HONKING post on the main ED forum to tell people NOT to panic and start redoing all their controls but hang fire until the bug gits got.

3 Likes

Ladies and Gentlemen, we got him.

On reddit, linked on the ED forum someone posted the fix that fixed it for me at least. Using a tool that does a little more advanced searching than the standard file search on windows, I looked for *Warthog.diff.lua in /DCS World/Mods/Aircraft and found a whole slew of defaults. Murdered them all. Booted the sim. Played the F/A-18C like the fine tuned instrument of murderous doomdeathkillage it is.

So. Seek and destroy each of those default .diff.lua files that pertain to your hardware in each folder for each of your aircraft. This is a chore but can be automated. ED are looking at how to fix this cluster.

1 Like