DCS 2.5 Update Thread (2018)

Could have sworn those were Viggens :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Yes, Glowing Amraam made the video. ED hired him a year ago or so.

Ah! Must have missed that.
But that explains why I havenā€™t seen his signature, in the vids, in a while :slight_smile:

WWII Update:
Introduced an improved of Bf 109, Fw 190, P-51D and Spitfire IX cockpits and external models.
Added another version of the P-51D Mustang: P-51D-25-NA. This version has different IFF and radio equipment.

Support of new campaign - P-51D The Blue Nosed Bastards of Bodney Campaign by Reflected Simulations.

Note: Regarding the VEAO Hawk, the developer has ceased supporting their product. We will though continue to make available the 2.5.3 updater for those that wish to fly this product.

*press F to pay respect

DCS World

• Corrected blue fog color.
  • Gas Platforms and Oil Rigs can now be placed on ground (not only in water) in the Mission Editor.
  • ME. Triggers. Action ā€œRADIOITEM ADD TO coalition or groupā€ visible for all is fixed.
  • ME. The Zone that is property of the task сontinue to be displayed on the map after changing the task is fixed.
  • ME. Part of the tab ā€œNaval groupā€ continues to be displayed after closing is fixed.
  • The SU-17M4 loadout has 2 entries for MER*6 FAB-100 ā€“ one of these is redundant and was deleted.
  • AGM-65. Search and lock ranges was increased based on launch altitude.
  • Encyclopedia. Fixed incorrect description for BetAB-500 bombs.
  • Su-33 AI. Late activated Su-33 causing game crash is fixed.
  • ATC Request for Takeoff Error - no clearance for takeoff fixed at hold short check from 80 meters instead 30+30 is fixed.
  • Forcing the civilian traffic options within the mission options screen has no effect when in the simulation - fixed.
  • MP. Ban functionality in server UI (WIP).

DCS: F/A-18C Hornet

• Added Laser-guided bombs GBU-10/12/16.
  • Added air show smoke for Hornet. New loadout option and key command added.
  • Added BRAA (enabled on Radar/DATA) and AA Waypoint (Bullseye), set on HSI/DATA page with indications on and attack radar page.
  • Added AGM-65F SHIP Mode.
  • Cockpit textures updated to include fixed normal map issue on the left DDI.
  • Ripple Single/Ripple Salvo fixed.
  • VACQ and GACQ symbol on HUD fixed.
  • Updated F/A-18C RU manual by Vortex.

Notes:

• We are adding updated tones for the AIM-9X, but they are not complete in this Open Beta version.
  • We are in the process of adding more realistic fuse options for MUFZ and EFUZ, including functional delayed fuse options. These are work in progress for this Open Beta.
  • AGM-65F axis slew for the Thrustmaster Warthog throttle mini-stick is a hardware issue that we cannot resolve due to the same switch being used for two actions at the same time. We are investigating an option to allow slew without TDC press.
  • A couple datalink pages have been added to this Open Beta, but these are largely non-functional as we create the larger data link system for the Hornet.

DCS: M-2000C by RAZBAM

• Added new Pilot (Ejection).
  • Added new Pilot in Seat (Ejection).
  • Added new Pilot in Cockpit.
  • Added new Pilot Uniform variations for Liveries.
  • Updated Liveries Description.Lua.
  • Updated all aircraft models.
  • Updated Cockpit to have Shadow Casting.
  • Removed older Livery variations from Liveries Folder to main texture folder.
  • Removed VR Pilot temporally to start integration of new more Accurate 3D Scanned VR Pilot.
  • Changed pilot model and textures.
  • Changed texture names from .bmp.dds and .tga.dds to .dds.
  • Fix Light Texture bugs.

DCS: AV-8B by RAZBAM

• Sidearm lock now breaks immediately after a target is destroyed.
  • Sidearm selected/Still fires a gun pod fixed.
  • Step logic and button is fixed.
  • Erroneous MAV information on MCPD.
  • MAVs reticles do not change color when changing polarity.
  • INRNG seems to be visible for MAV at this point.
  • Pushing step and then changing weapons carried over to next weapon.
  • Having an ITER pylon does not block step logic for other weapons.
  • Changed texture names from .bmp.dds and .tga.dds to .dds.
  • Updated Cockpit to have Shadow Casting.
  • Fixed Button 5 on UFC, wrong argument.
  • Fix Light Texture bugs.

DCS: AJS37 Viggen by Heatblur Simulations

• Rb04 and Rb15 should now target civilian boats (scenery) in Persian Gulf.
  • Changed the radar gain axis command to use the full axis range [-1,1] (was [0,1]).
  • Added BK-90 Preplanned target tutorial.
  • Improved performance during radar usage at long range.

DCS: F-86F Sabre

• Updated the English Flight Manual.

DCS: C-101 EB/CC by Aviodev

• C-101CC Flyable
  • EFM for C-101 EB and C-101CC. Note: Early Beta Version.
  • Multiplayer- Now you can take control in rear cockpit. Some system works (Gear, Flaps,Stick, Pedals). WIP.

Campaigns

• M-2000 Red Flag Campaign by Baltic Dragon. Added RU locale (texts and images).
  • F-15C: The Georgian War campaign by Baltic Dragon. It includes the following changes:

M2 - increased the volume of some audio files.
M3 - Added stop condition to prevent Su-24s from re-attacking ground targets after bugging out (edited).
M6 - Su-25Ts will no longer engage AWACS.
M8 - enemy MiGs will now stay on station and not land too early.
M10 - Corrected timing on radio chatter between WP3 & 4
M11 - Adjusted flight path to prevent AI Su-27 crashing. Removed inactive MiG-31. Restricted Ground attack for wingman
M12 - Yak-40 will be destroyed if damaged by hostile fighters
M16 - Adjusted default flight formation. Silenced AI Hip radio calls. Corrected duplicate VO

Patch hasnā€™t hit yet. Canā€™t be long now that the changelog is posted.

4 Likes

Go onā€¦ I like the stuff I see but this has been a pet peeve of mine for a while, so Iā€™m pretty interested.

1 Like

I canā€™t believe that the aircraft I am most hyped about in that patch is the C-101.
The other changes look great as well but right now I enjoy basic airmanship training in that little Spanish bird. :slight_smile:

Holy wow! That video and music were awesome!

fez_I_love_you

4 Likes

Update up for the taking.

1 Like

Dang your fast, I was just about to say that lol

edit: Only a 4 gig download for me.

1 Like

Iā€™m a Ferrari!:oncoming_automobile:

4 Likes

Also, sadly, Iā€™m all too used to that sentenceā€¦ :slightly_frowning_face:

5 Likes

ooohsnap

2 Likes

1 Like

Do Hinds count?

1 Like

12Gb for me :frowning:

Sure. Was there one in it? Missed it then. When I watched the video I was abbjt distracted by my kids anyway.

Same here :slight_smile:
What do they mean by EFM in the C101 updates?

There appears to be a significant performance increase with this update. Iā€™ve been flying around for that last hour and havenā€™t seen a single stutter, even with heavy clouds, fog, mirrors, etc.

TrackIR panning seems to be really smooth even with mirrors on too. Running MSAA x4 @ 1440p with mostly high settings.

3 Likes

I have noticed also performance increas in the previous, post 2.5.0, released versions.

I am hapy to hear they went even further with the latest oneā€¦ especialy with me now on 4k res :slight_smile:

Thats an improved flight model. Like the new ones of the FC3 planes or the DCS level aircraft.

2 Likes