DCS 2.5 Update Thread (2019)

I mean, yeah, that’s typically how a session of horneting ends for me. So I’d say it’s aligned to real word expectations.

3 Likes

8 Likes

Me…

NO! I’M KIDDING!! :fearful:

Stop looking at me like that…

4 Likes

Would move F-111 too but im minority = i like 60-early 80 birds most :slight_smile:

1 Like

Steam Transfers now available via DCS Account Profile

[url]Steam

How to transfer keyless DCS modules purchased on STEAM?
Please note, all future DCS World DLC released on Steam from 12th May 2017 on will now use Steam Keys instead of Star-Force keys.

Here are some modules released on Steam after 12-May-2017:
DCS: M-2000C; DCS: Nevada map; DCS: Spitfire; DCS: AJS-37; DCS: Normandy map; DCS: WW2 Assets pack; DCS: Su-33; DCS: AV-8B Night Attack V/STOL; DCS: F/A-18C; DCS: Persian Gulf map
as well as many new campaigns starting from the Museum Relic campaign.
You always can find the date in the Steam store - Sort by Release date

These modules can be bound and activated on the DCS World e-shop version from the site.

To do this, on the DCS website, on the profile page, find a special Steam account block
please use the link: [url]https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/personal/profile/[/url]

1. You need to link the Steam account to your DCS account.
    After clicking on the “BIND” button, you will be redirected to the Steam website, where you must log in and agree to share publicly available information from your profile with us.

2. After logging in to the Steam site, you return to our site and, if successful, the “GET LICENSES” button will be available.
    Click the “Get licenses” button.

3. As a result, you can obtain a list of the products whose licenses that:

1. Already have a DCS account (Steam or not Steam)
  2. Can be transferred to your account from Steam
  3. Can not be transferred because they are in different types of protection
  1. Click the “Transfer licenses” button.
    As a result, the licenses available for transfer will be bound to the DCS account.

2. When you re-enter this page, the Steam license list will be displayed.

3. You can request licenses again to replenish them if you purchased new DCS products on Steam. New licenses also can be bound, as in the previous paragraph.

4. When you click the “Unbind” button, all your Steam transferred licenses will be revoked and the binding removed.

• Display name in Steam: “your name” - is not a login but rather information permitted by the Steam user to display on a public profile.

Please note that the transferred products will now be available in your Standalone install and also remain available in your Steam Version.
You may also only transfer from Steam to Standalone, Standalone to Steam transfer is not available.

7 Likes

IDK, I think a lot of folks would be down for the F-111, and 60-80’s birds a pretty much the sweet spot for DCS, as there’s enough ‘toys’ to given a modern experience, yet enough classified info to represent most of the aircraft systems realistically.

2 Likes

Me I’d buy almost any jet built between 1946 and 1990. Computers make the experience less soulful to me, like they do in music. Electric guitar is where it’s at. A jet like an F-4E is like a fender Stratocaster. A tomcat, that’s like a complete 80s hair rock band all in itself lol.

F-117, F-16, F/A-18, F-20, Su-27, B-2, and others are happy you’ve included them in the lineup, even though they have a bone to pick due to their computerized flight controls!

1 Like

are like this:

but the upcoming MiG-19 or the MiG-21 are more like:

2 Likes

Comrade, I am disappoint!

Glorious fighter of motherland not like crap Americanski music of the metal. Must think our music, like our bread, like our water, like glorious comrades share all!

4 Likes

Big choir music is for Bombers and the Navy. Brave snipers of sky are metal. And metal has no nation, it just is :metal: .

Also sorry for turning this into the "what are we listening to " thread.

4 Likes

Ah, I understand, comrade! You prefer capitalist kitty of the tom, yes? Desire to connect with young comrades? This I cannot judge. But MiG-19 deserve true music of comrade Aleksandr Borodin, much like Половецкие танцы.

3 Likes

Pretty music of esteemed comrade Borodin is fine for the 52 or the nice navex in hills and valley. Is not fit for fight, for tearing sky at mach 2 or for firing the gun at imperialist sky pirate. The rocket is not violins or pretty song, is anger of repressed workers and hate against the capitalist da?

As for the young comrades, kitty of Tom is not little hunchbacked capitalist subsonic baby killer plane. Is glorious, even if owned by perfidious evildoers. Is not our beautiful swan the 27 much like him in appearance?

2 Likes

Comrade! We agree to disagree! Much great motherland music for combat from Mighty Five. Need no crude capitalist music of rock roll when fly grand invention of Soviet industry. Modern plane of Sukhoi much like graceful crane, fly like balance of symphony, precise like rifle of sniping. How can lazy cat of tom compare to grace of crane? Cat of tom spend all day sleeping, urinate on wall, smell of nasty fluid. Crane superior all ways.

4 Likes

This exchange makes me happy.

Also - tickets bought for Slayer’s Auckland gig :metal:

Comrades, let us not fight:

2 Likes

3 Likes

But Comrade, in glorious communist mother land workers are free the shackles of capitalist pig dogs! What reason have we for angst? Our shoes are made from finest muskrat, our cars of strong, sturdy soviet wood, and we enjoy a rich, bountiful harvest of beet. The west has inferior beet, yet still grow fat, and this is why they rage!

3 Likes

You must report to local your party headquarters and I will notify your zampolit of your lack of international workers solidarity. While we are in a workers paradise, with as you say the finest muskrat shoes and cars of finest delta wood that can be so easily repaired with maljutka, there are still multitudes suffering from the combined yokes of citibank, the republican party and McDonalds. That simple fact alone should incite the ragiest of rages in any good communist, for is not our glory founded on solidarity, da?

3 Likes

DCS World Newsletter - 11 January 2019

Last week we discussed the many aircraft projects that will be under development in 2019. Today, let’s look at some of the non-aircraft projects. As mentioned last week, we cannot promise that all of these will be released in 2019, but they will all be under focused development.

Ships

Although we released a greatly improved and free Nimitz-class aircraft carrier at the time of the Hornet release, we are also working on a separate Nimitz-class aircraft carrier module. This product will have an incredible level of detail and include such features as a detailed and operable LSO and Air Boss stations, detailed modeling of the hangar, animated deck crew, briefing room, and control of the carrier.

Once this project is complete, the team will finish up the Arleigh Burke-class destroyer and then return to and release the updated Kuznetsov-class aircraft carrier.

Radio Communications
The biggest radio communications task are the aircraft carrier communications that includes CASE I, CASE II, and CASE III for departure, marshal, approach, and the Landing Signal Officer (LSO). Once this massive task is complete, we will move on to an overhaul of the airbase radio communications.

New Maps

With 2018 we saw the release of the DCS: Persian Gulf Map. For 2019 we and our partners are working on two new World War II maps, a Syria map, a Falkland Islands map, and a new free map that we’ll discuss later in the year.

In parallel, we will be finishing up the Persian Gulf map with the addition of Liwa Airbase and Ras Al Khaimah airport; Al Ain Air War College; ruins near Shiraz, Kerman, and Bam; and fix remaining bugs. Once complete, it will be the largest DCS World map as measured from airfield to airfield.

Dynamic Campaign
While a hangar of great aircraft is certainly a wonderful thing, having an engaging, exciting, and dynamic combat environment is equally important. We have been developing the inner-workings of a dynamic campaign system which will continue into 2019. Based on the strategic goals and tactical situations, the systems will create dynamic Air Tasking Orders (ATO) that players then join to help their side to victory. This work is non-trivial, but we believe the addition of this system should be exciting for DCS users.

DCS World Multiplayer

In the closing weeks of 2018, we made the Dedicated Server software available to a handful of trusted 3rd party online servers. Based on their feedback, we have been tuning and expanding the software to best suit customer needs.

One aspect of the Dedicated Server we are also exploring is the availability of free maps to Dedicated Server hosts.

In addition to this new Server software, the team has also been at work developing an integrated Voice Over IP (VOIP) system for DCS World which is based on the growing Web RTC standard. The first phase will allow users to use and create “rooms” and the second phase would integrate the VOIP into in-cockpit radio controls.

As mentioned in last week’s newsletter about Modern Air Combat (MAC), we also plan to include leader boards, rankings, and other online statistics for DCS World online players.

DCS World Foundation
In parallel to all the above, the team continues to work on the foundation items of DCS World like air and ground artificial intelligence, performance optimization, more detailed damage models for all unit types, Vulkan implementation, improved VR optimization and improved Touch Controller support, aircraft wake turbulence.

DCS World Steam Edition to DCS World e-Shop Transfer
You can now transfer modules purchased on Steam to your DCS World e-Shop installation. Note that this method only applies to Steam DLC that uses Steam protection, not StarForce keys, Starforce keys can be transferred as before. All keyless DCS World DLCs released on Steam from 12th May 2017 can be transferred.

Here are some modules released on Steam after 12-May-2017:
DCS: M-2000C
DCS: NEVADA Test and Training Range map
DCS: Spitfire LF Mk.IX
DCS: AJS-37 Viggen
DCS: Normandy map
DCS: WW2 Assets pack
DCS: Su-33 for DCS World
DCS: AV-8B Night Attack V/STOL
DCS: F/A-18C Hornet
DCS: Persian Gulf map

Please see this link for complete directions:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/faq/500/#1510447

Given that Steam no longer accepts our 3rd party license keys, binding of keys purchased on the E-Shop cannot be transferred to the DCS World Steam Edition.

Hornet Missions of the Week
In our quest to bring more and more great, new content to the Hornet, we are now providing a Hornet Mission of the Week! The first two missions can be found here:

River Run:
https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3744076&postcount=105

Strike Fighter:
https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3752412&postcount=107

These missions will also be integrated into the Hornet Instant Action list of missions.

Sincerely,
The Eagle Dynamics Team

15 Likes