DCS 2.5 Update Thread (2020)

Per ED facebook by Ninline and Wags, next weeks newsletter will have an update on weather system improvements! :smiley:

5 Likes

Seems like a lot of info about core changes in the next weekly update…

1 Like

ED’s New Year’s resolution? :muscle:
Build the CORE strength!

1 Like

Uhm Why do you think they need another engine?
All they need to do is reduce/simplify the rules that define the game and augment automation…
Think Flaming Cliffs 2 level planes.

1 Like

Perhaps “engine” was a poor choice of words on my part, “branches” may be better. The announcement says that:

“Modern Air Combat will not be a DCS World product

In other words, it won’t be a DCS module and will likely require a separate executable. Initially, yes it will be as easy as stripping down the DCS engine and adding a few bells and whistles, but as soon as you add a feature to one, they start diverging. Of course you’ll try to keep them as similar as possible, but eventually they grow apart until you’re left with two separate (though related) executables/programs/branches/engines to maintain.

1 Like

16 posts were split to a new topic: Will DCS Black Shark 3 be required to continue using the KA-50 in DCS

I like the MAC logo. Is that new? Nice font and clean design.

2 Likes

Incoming!!!
New Map Revealed The Channel Map**

More News to follow…

5 Likes

Ok maybe I am just dense right now, but…
Don’t we have the Channel on the Normandy map already?

5 Likes

Yes, but the English side leaves a lot to be desired.

Where are these pics from? I haven’t seen the update yet?

3 Likes

Good Friday Guy’s …New Pics are on DCS Website under…Downloads/Screenshots…They always post pics coming in Newsletter there first on Friday’s

3 Likes

I don’t want to look like under end-of-week depression but don’t we have already enough channel maps? To all our UK members : Hey boys, enough is enough :smile: :wink:

3 Likes

That’s all well and good but how am I supposed to crash my tomcat into my back garden without it. Lol bring on more uk. I WANT TO DROP BOMBS IN THE YARD AT WORK!!!

5 Likes

I think i may have to bite the bullet and get a bigger SSD drive for DCS… so this year we may have coming:
The Channel map
The Falklands
Mariana’s islands
Syria
not sure if i have missed any…
then also
HIND
P47D
Mosquito
finished F18/F16

damn its a good year

5 Likes

This makes me dream about a Battle of Britain scenario, in DCS.
Flyable Spifire Mk. I, Hurricane Mk. I and 109 Emil.
AI He-111, Stukas, Do-17 and Ju-88…
Not asking for much, am I…?

4 Likes

I would rather fly the hurricane than any other WWII aircraft, there was a squadron based near me at RAF Acklington

4 Likes

I am wondering if the map will go as far as northeast london … few old ww2 bases in essex

3 Likes

That would be reeeeally nice! I doubt it will be that big though…

3 Likes

BOB no!, not again! :smile: :wink:

3 Likes

In the recent PCPilot interview with @wagmatt he mentions The Channel Map.

“This will include southeastern England, portions of the low countries and northeastern France.”

5 Likes