DCS 2.5 Update Thread (2020)

I hopped on to hollow point last night (sorry I couldnt hang around … the boss called) but whilst I was on I noticed a marked improvement in FPS … In single player my machine normally pegs at 45fps in VR
and in MP at about 25fps … last night it was running mostly at 45fps in MP and for a while at 90fps … i did seem to get the odd stutter and minor freeze … but an definite improvement

1 Like

Wait…they no longer do? The Nerf football spiraled so easily. You can’t pay me enough to actually sit down and watch a college or NFL football match (intentional). But I will die with some of the fondest memories playing neighborhood flag football with a Nerf.

Now back to your regularly scheduled DCS discussion already in progress…

1 Like

Magnitude/leatherneck christmas update!

http://leatherneck-sim.com/2020/12/22/christmas-update/

The corsair is looking sweet!

Crusader as well! Can’t wait for this one. Getting Harrier nightmares from that probe, though.

Also, perhaps the best choice they’ve started rewriting the MiG-21 radar code to solve the issues it has been accumulating over the years. Much more stuff inside! go read.

7 Likes

STOP TEASING ME! :heart_eyes:

Ehhh…the MiG-21 radar is just a crutch for those who can’t “eyeball” the range. :wink:

2 Likes

Isn’t it an emitter intended to let the opposition know you’re there and willing to dance?

2 Likes

Bit like running around with a spotlight pointing at your own face.

That’s. … ah … not how you do it?

2 Likes

Except when you do. There are times when you want to run around yelling “come at me bro!” while your comrades are sneakily doing sneaky things to the opfor.

2 Likes

OB Update

DCS 2.5.6.59625 Open Beta

DCS World

• MP. Barrage Balloon does not show for clients - fixed.
  • AIM-120. Midcourse guidance - fixed unwanted target id reset, fixed seeker los rotation in midcourse phase and restored protection from LOS rate surge.
  • AIM-7. Loft trajectory initialization corrected.
  • After ejecting player can still control aircraft - fixed.
  • net.lua2json generates error if table indexed numerically has missing index - fixed.
  • GBU-24 does not explode on impact - fixed.

DCS F-16C Viper by ED

• Update of the Taxi and Take-Off Mission.
  • HARM POS/RUK does not track SA-2 track radar - fixed.
  • No TOT in CCRP mode after firing off 2 Harms - fixed.
  • Post-release CCIP point is no longer there with the weapon release button still held down - fixed.

F/A-18C Hornet by ED

• Not losing lock on STT When turning off the radar, Guides missile all the way. Still an issue if radar set to standby - fixed
  • GBU-24 does not explode on impact - fixed
  • AIM-7MH not lofting when LOFT is turned on - fixed

DCS P-47D by ED

• Aircraft will continue to climb on dead engine - fixed.
  • Updated PG, Caucasus and Channel IA Missions.

DCS Bf 109 K-4 by ED

• Updated Channel IA Missions

DCS Spitfire IX by ED

• Updated Spitfire Channel and Caucasus IA Missions

DCS P-51D Mustang by ED

• Updated Channel, PG and Caucasus IA Missions

DCS Fw 190 D-9 by ED

• Updated Channel and Caucasus IA Missions

DCS Fw 190 A-8 by ED

• Updated Channel IA Missions

DCS SA342 Gazelle by Polychop

• Added possibility to enable/disable NS430 in mission (additional tab in SA342 properties in ME)

DCS F-14A/B Tomcat by Heatblur Simulations

• NEW! Added F-14B Campaign “Operation Reforger - The Iron Heel”
  • Fixed TWS tracks clashing with datalink in multicrew.
  • Added TGTS size keybinds for RIO.
  • Updated AIM-7 to parity with ED’s AIM-7.
  • Fixed AIM-7 dogfight LTE to 0.7s (was accidentally immediate).
  • Prevent AIM-54 continuing to track target if TWS track was deleted and later re-acquired (new track technically).
  • Fix: ensure that AIM-54 active command is only sent while radar is transmitting.
  • Livery fixes for VF-102 and 103 Hi Vis.
  • Small fixes to A liveries.
  • Added hog to VF-11 droptank on B version.
  • Fixed mirroring issues on Last Ride and Grim Reapers liveries.
  • Fix for engine fire at continued M1.1.
  • Adjusted transonic drag for F-14A.

DCS MiG-21bis by Magnitude 3

• Fixed radar causing a huge FPS loss when turned on.
8 Likes

Amraam seemed to work just fine, tyvm.

2 Likes

This looks interesting!!! :thinking:

They could pull some nice 180° turns when they miss and try to keep going sometimes, hopefully that’s gone.

1 Like

Excellent…looks like they finally fixed that Mig-21 radar issue. :+1:

1 Like

Had I known about that bug, I may have been able to land a couple of those Viggens…just say’n. :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/news/changelog/stable/2.5.6.59625/

stable branch has been updated

6 Likes

I just jumped in the spitfire and was surprised about the amount of instant action missions they added in the last Beta patch … I then found this great video detailing the new missions, there are over 100 missions added

6 Likes

I think the one parameter that is most broken for all the AAMs is reliability.

We get all these OEM boasts about how often they’ll fail implemented instead of having double-digit percentages hang on the rail, fall from the plane, fly off in search of another space-time continuum, or just plain blow up.

The reason the AMRAAM is considered the best AAM in the world isn’t because of what it can do on paper, where it falls short of many other missiles, but in its record. It’s the F-15 of AAMs.

If my life was on the line, I’d rather take an AMRAAM than some Russian or Chinese missile that “promises” to be better but more likely would fail to actually hit the target.

I want to thank everyone to took part in this thread and kept us (ie: me) up to date on DCS changes. I hope that we can continue this over in the new thread for 2021…

3 Likes