DCS 2.5 Update Thread (2020)

Yea, the A-10 gun adjustment I thought would be coming. It’s possible it is in but not listed - the changelogs have a habit of not being complete anyway (delayed translations, and the odd time they forget to submit something to the list), so it’s even possible it is still in there and just unlisted.

Yes this was a big one - AWACS calls bandit 12 o’clock at say 25,000 hot. Set radar to 2 bars covered that altitude plus/minus a few thousand feet, 20 degree scan width and nothing…verify on F10 parameters still valid, and correct. Frustrating, but if you have time to move the antenna off target and back sometimes you’d then get a hit. Issue was very intermittent, so if you didn’t fly a lot to discover the issue - it would certainly drive you mad.

Just pressed buy on the F16 and found out the global economy is changed beyond recognition 39.99USD now equates to 33£ where a month ago it was 19.99 phew

1 Like

That explains why all the CPU prices jumped at the PC stores - CAD to USD has hit $1.42:1.00 instead of the usual ~$1.30:1:00 +/- $0.05CAD

There are a few that made me have to second guess some things.

No “Ammo #001” fix??? Really?

I am sure that will cut my approach turn stalls by 10%…at least! :open_mouth: :grimacing:

Not really sure what that means but if it means that AI MiG-21’s won’t fly around in a very nose up attitude, then I’m all for it… :slightly_smiling_face:

…now how about getting the IA and Wingman AI Fishbeds to turn off their landing light when they get airborne!

…I probably should be providing an input over on the ED site…a trip there will be scarier than my trip to the grocery store today. :grimacing:

3 Likes

I’ll take it!

1 Like

Confirmed that this has been fixed. Yay!

5 Likes

I wonder why they didn’t mention it in the log?

5 Likes

They do that a lot. I can confirm the troop loading is still broken, though.

3 Likes

Well, fudge!

1 Like

Yeah kinda miffed on that one, was looking forward to getting rid of my workaround in Werewolf Strike, but alas… :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I’ve got a mission in the works using CTLD scripting…I got something like it working about a year ago but then never finished it. It is a pain.

2 Likes

I had bad frames, horrid flickering etc. Then I ran a repair. This did something deleting shades used to suffice to do, it fixed it.

5 Likes

Performance seems okay but I have lost most of the individual module wallpaper music somehow on the main menu screen.

1 Like

The default music bug has been reported.

1 Like

Seeing huge FPS improvement in MP on PG so far.
Previous 2.5.6 patches my system refused to break 60FPS, if that.
Now seeing min around 50fps max near 170fps.

SWEEET!

3 Likes

Apparently the P 47 is CLOSE!

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4250839&postcount=2221

2 Likes

Might as well tag @NineLine for being such a tease haha!

This patch so far while imperfect, is making a big improvement over the initial 2.5.6 launch for MP. I have yet to fly and just been monitoring my server to see how the missions run, or crash over time. @Franze is doing some fixes to one mission that had issues which we’ll look at later.

Nineline, please send my thanks to the team for their hard work in this tough time. Their work is paying off!

6 Likes

Well, I caved and went for the MiG-19. Not too bad at $18.50 USD after my accrued miles. Pity the NZD has absolutely tanked, so it’s not as great as it would have been a month ago…but that’s okay :slight_smile:

That means I have the MiG trio, hehe…would be kind of cool to start learning with the -15 and work through to the -21! Might not happen though, given we’re doing MiG-21 April by the sounds. :slight_smile:

2 Likes