DCS 2.7 Discussion

thats the thing with my station it was there in that time period and being used to transport munitions from the Gunpowder mills in waltham abbey and small arms from enfield small arms factory. :grin:

Legitimate war target :laughing: :laughing:

3 Likes

Based on my digging in this area it’s only possible if they used the same point of origin. Since it’s now covering an area consumed by 2 maps then at least one would be off. DCS appears to store object locations based on an arbitrary point in cartesian space - NOT latitude/longitude; each map has a different point of origin.

Off the top of my head, before coffee…
Now you might run your miz with a routine to calc the lat/lon coords (there is such a thing) in the OLD map; save that; then figure out how to import those lat/lon coords into the new map, converted to x/y/z values, and save it.

FWIW, when you first create a new mission the bullseye ponts are located at the origin, though I’ve not cared to check this in a while; NTTR’s origin was (last I looked) waaaay up on the northern border of the map; Syria is kinda/sorta in the middle though on the coast; etc. All objects are defined relative to these points x = y = z = 0.

1 Like

They might even build this conversion into DCS itself. Since every miz also knows which map it is on, it could be easy to transfer them to Normandy 2.0 on loading in the ME

2 Likes

waters are a touch muddy (lol) here …

8 Likes

To be clear, according to the vid above from Reflected, Normandy 1.0 maps should just work on Normandy 2.0, but The Channel will not be compatible or automatically translateable: different map, different placement of objects, things would break

3 Likes
8 Likes

Ooooh… A morning coffee vid!

Edit. Interesting video! Cool to see better fighting AI in DCS. I hope changes are made to friendly AI as well…

3 Likes

Between this and some indications a revamped weather system is about to come soon, plus the MB 339, I have a feeling October update is going to be full of goodies (and probably delayed a week or two, lol).

3 Likes

Apparently there’s a La-7 incoming. Now that one I find interesting.

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/304804-official-news-2022/page/2/#comment-5065349

That cockpit looks incredibly archaic, good luck to any pit builders on that one…

2 Likes

Yes, but it looks like 2.8 will be here before La-7 with the big weather update.

1 Like

Nope, nup, not gunna. Another aircraft that I don’t really have the time to learn and fly (properly).

I will not be getting the La-7… Ahh, who the heck am I kidding.

1 Like

So, Korea! La-7 w La-9 skin vs Corsair. We will be playing that in two weeks for sure :slight_smile:

5 Likes

FWIW:

Try this if you have Windows 11 22h2

“Go to Computer Management → System Tools → Performance → Data Collector Sets → Event > Trace Sessions. In this list, find HolographicShell, right click, and choose ‘Stop’.”

seems to help with frames. Stopping the windows logging session for the headset.

Or, if you do not want to do this every time you boot the machine; try

logman stop HolographicShell -ets
as a task scheduled to run on boot or on login.

I just tried it, and it made a huge difference. Thing is smooth as F now.

4 Likes

Interesting find by this guy. He’s not quite sure if it is indeed a bug or a feature. DCS Helicopter pilots beware hovering over water. He’s already reported this as a bug but says he’ll see what ED says.

4 Likes

I tired this on Win 11 22n2, but can’t find the value in Computer Management and get the error, “Data Collector Set was not found.”, when I try to stop it via command line. I do see “HolographicDevice” in Startup Event Trace Sessions, but it is disabled.

2 Likes

guess you’re all set then!

We Cool All Good GIF by VH1

3 Likes

aspen

3 Likes

How neat is that!

We need a new chapter, soon…

4 Likes

Turn the page…

1 Like