DCS 2.7 Discussion

For astronomical values of ‘soon’, yeah. For sixth grader values of soon, nope.

2 Likes

How soon is now
Z0yV22

3 Likes

It sound like typical question which I know from one other simulator.

Q: Could you tell us when developers will release new version of Falcon BMS or at least new patch?
A: Soon, after few weeks :joy: which in reality usually means: after few months or year(-s).

On the other hands, we Falcon BMS community are patient. Well what we can do more. :sweat_smile:

Enjoy your weekend!

3 Likes

I just checked back to the DCS trailer 2022 and beyond, this was the first time we saw london and Paris landmarks, so they must have been on this for a while (about the 3,40 mark)

11 Likes

Don’t tease me :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I yearn for a NTTR update.

4 Likes

Hopefully more defined edges. I didn’t see any difference in “movement” between the video and the “movement” (more like treadmilling) we already have in-game.

1 Like

Getting the new Normandy map for $10, if you own the old map and the channel map, is a great upgrade policy, I think.
The old Normandy was the only map that was promised in the DCS:WWII crowdfunding campaign and is getting old, even if there has been some free upgrades to it. I have enjoyed many virtual flights on that map!
The new Normandy map gives me hope of a DCS: Battle of Britain campaign, one day. I’m afraid 1C/777 won’t touch it because Team Fusion took over Cliffs of Dover, so DCS is my only hope of BoB in a more modern sim.

6 Likes

If they extend it up to swindon that means oxford and witney will be there as well.
We could visit each other

2 Likes

Yeah! I wondered why 1C/777 made their Normandy map in house. They are also contracting Ugra Media for development of both maps and aircraft…

1 Like

Be still my beating heart… $9.99 even though that’s like $150 aussie dollars :stuck_out_tongue: I gotta have it.

3 Likes

I might even be able to hit my own station :smile: :smile: :smile:
imagine the complaints over at ED forum … this map is crap its not accurate i cant B**b my own railway station :grinning:

3 Likes

“I have block paved my driveway since this was google earthed!!”

4 Likes

Same sentiment here. Looks like a great map. I wonder if they can write a script to “translate” all the missions and campaigns from normandy 1.0 and channel to normandy 2.0.

I wouldn’t mind roaring up the thames river in a viggen to drop a stick of explosive presents across @tempusmurphy 's workplace at all :wink:

3 Likes

thats the thing with my station it was there in that time period and being used to transport munitions from the Gunpowder mills in waltham abbey and small arms from enfield small arms factory. :grin:

Legitimate war target :laughing: :laughing:

3 Likes

Based on my digging in this area it’s only possible if they used the same point of origin. Since it’s now covering an area consumed by 2 maps then at least one would be off. DCS appears to store object locations based on an arbitrary point in cartesian space - NOT latitude/longitude; each map has a different point of origin.

Off the top of my head, before coffee…
Now you might run your miz with a routine to calc the lat/lon coords (there is such a thing) in the OLD map; save that; then figure out how to import those lat/lon coords into the new map, converted to x/y/z values, and save it.

FWIW, when you first create a new mission the bullseye ponts are located at the origin, though I’ve not cared to check this in a while; NTTR’s origin was (last I looked) waaaay up on the northern border of the map; Syria is kinda/sorta in the middle though on the coast; etc. All objects are defined relative to these points x = y = z = 0.

1 Like

They might even build this conversion into DCS itself. Since every miz also knows which map it is on, it could be easy to transfer them to Normandy 2.0 on loading in the ME

2 Likes

waters are a touch muddy (lol) here …

8 Likes

To be clear, according to the vid above from Reflected, Normandy 1.0 maps should just work on Normandy 2.0, but The Channel will not be compatible or automatically translateable: different map, different placement of objects, things would break

3 Likes
8 Likes