DCS 2.7.X Screenshots (2021)

Barthek was banned a while ago because he violated the EULA by receiving donations, something like that.

Starways textures were official or approved with ED kind of and was allowed to receive revenue for his work. His textures were integrated with 2.5, or it was a separate DLC?

That’s what I remember.

Barthek is still within DCS World and creating, probably to me also, the best terrain textures for the Caucasus map.

2 Likes

Yep, you’re right. I forgot about that whole fiasco. It’s cool that he’s still contributing to the community after all that.

Went to the fairground but I guess its still closed for the pandemic

Also a nice Moorish fort on Cyprus

5 Likes

Maybe this one?

2 Likes

I think it must be. It’s been a fascinating tour. I kept changing airframes as it’s so big. Started with an I16 then a spit finally a hornet. We can use the spine of mountains on the north for a Robertson’s ridge reenactment

1 Like

So, there I was, exploring the new Syria map. Wandering over Southern Turkey (heard they’d updated/added stuff here) I come across miles of…no idea.

This is just a small sample from Google Earth (and it looks basically like this in DCS while moving along at about 1,500 AGL):

Seems there are hundreds of square miles of - Greenhouses!

Yeah, I’m ignorant, sheltered life and all that…

But no more :slight_smile:

At first I thought it was just some ‘generic’ model, aka; “filler”. Nope.

Bunch of canyons along this coast to get your “Mach Loop” or “Jedi Transition” thing on too.

2 Likes

24 Likes

You sir, are an artist … Those screenshots are perfection :grinning:

6 Likes

Flying with the 18th…

8 Likes

The DoF makes those screenshots special. I really should turn it on sometimes for a screenshot session but I usually like to leave it off and I am too lazy to photoshop my screenshots

1 Like

At the pinnacle of my achievements

6 Likes

similar to my own efforts :laughing:

1 Like

11 Likes

Sweet mother of Bog you make it look good.

2 Likes

Just beautiful @Derbysieger ! I don’t have the Hind yet but a few minutes ago I just finished up a flight down low in Syria map in my Gazelle. My goodness does the Syria map look and feel good for helicopter operations down low! I haven’t touched helicopters for quite some time and mainly been flying high on the map in jets but with the Gazelle down low…Wow! Just wow! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Testing out the Hind’s playability in single player with the Liberation 4.0 preview; Russian intervention in Syria-style. ATGMs work well once you wrangle Pete into targeting things other than other helicopters. The cannon seems to work well. The S8KOM rockets are pretty much useless so far. But what’s really cool is watching all the other aicraft do their work on the front lines. When you’re low and slow you get to see them zip around on rocket and gun runs.

Krokodil attac

No shortage of action on the frontlines.

13 Likes

Checking there was no damage after an airfield assault

And that the Jesus nut was still tight :slight_smile:

Some in 2d but the track files are fubar

10 Likes

Why is the other dude standing on top of the An-26?

I shot it up, I guess he survived :grinning:

He’s “king of the world”?

For a second I thought you meant you landed at the airfield to check it for BDA after you shot it up. That’s some brass balls there.