DCS 2.7.X Screenshots (2021)

Navynuke Learning Refueling - An Essay in Pictures:

16 Likes

Guam

Eastern Lebanon

12 Likes

Gorgeous shots…now, I’m not an experienced sailor but shouldn’t those sails on those sailboats be down given the boats are moored? Looks wrong!

3 Likes

Yeah, you’re right.

Antons on the Storm of War server:

Hind:

4 Likes

Question: let’s assume I have the F14 now…
How important is to have the supercarriers mod?

1 Like

I guess that depends on what you want from your carrier ops experience. Personally, having the deck come alive is almost as necessary as having operating catapults and arresting gear. Being directed to the cat and working through the launch procedure is so well integrated with the deck crew that it feels very real to me. I wish that they had something similar for the LHA class launching helos and Harriers. Look at this video that @RedBravo65 linked for an example of how well this is done. Not Tomcat specific obviously, but a necessary part of the whole naval aviation experience, IMHO.

4 Likes

Thanks mate, I’ll check it.

Wanted to fly the Channel Map for a Change and had a little midair ramming action with a 109:

Landed safely at Hawkinge

9 Likes

9 Likes

RIP framerate

Departing Northwest Field FARP

Rifle

Lasing a GBU54 with D+M because lasers are cool

Lights-out at an austere FOB on Tinian

I like using the marker with NODs to get my bearings on where the target is when I roll in

9 Likes

I haven’t flown the harrier in a long time, is it that bad on the framerate? I know Marianas is a performance hog but it’s fine on high end systems with current gen GPUs. Or weren’t you one of the crazies here that got 3090s or 3080s cards?

I’ve got a 3060. It’s not bad in VR with lower settings. When I cranked up the settings for screenshots the MSAAx2 + trees + shadows dropped everything to 20fps.

I think it might be the specific time of day, with the long shadows. When I got my Huey screens/video the framerates were great at the same settings, but that was earlier in the afternoon with shorter shadows. Night time is also pretty smooth.

1 Like

9 Likes

I’ve been dusting off the Harrier lately. TOO JDAM drops are too easy compared to some other platforms.

13 Likes

I’ve been meaning to get back into this module as well but you know DCS now has so many good modules that it takes me a good amount of time to get to some of them. :slight_smile: And I’m a guy who’s been around so long I remember when we only had the Su-27 Flanker to fly. DCS has come a very, very long way.

7 Likes

7 Likes

Round two. Fumbled through inputting UTM coords but finally got it. HUD FLIR saved the evening gun runs. My Mk.I couldn’t see anything in the shadows.

Something peculiar. I fly these over LAN for the replay tracks. 1ms latency. Every single time I’m stable over the Tarawa and start descending, the Tarawa warps just enough to throw me off. In the server replay my jet hella warps.

15 Likes

BEAUTIFUL shots! Just incredible!

I feel a sudden need to fly the Harrier in the near future…

5 Likes

You read my mind. Now I’m like, “Why don’t I fly this More?” I may just install my Virpil F-18 stick and have a Naval month or two.

3 Likes

Working on and off on this medium weathered Raptor to get some life out of the textures.

Top area is now all done for the most part, the bottom still looks factory new.

The good thing with creating this is that there are no limits to be creative. I’m not entirely restricted to stick to a certain weathering scheme or logic.
I can shape any panel the way I want, in matte or shiny at any place.

Looks fairly decent in all lightning conditions.

10 Likes