DCS F-15C Combat guide for beginners by Sryan [very IMG heavy!]

Oh…and these…

3 Likes

@BeachAV8R is confirmed to be an alias for Barrett Tillman, because you just described the plot of this book

I’m not opposed to the naval flanker, I can pretend it’s a J-15, maybe lua edit it so it carries AIM-120s and so when I squint I can pretend they’re PL-12s

1 Like

Dang…the Sixth Battle. Did I miss the first five??! :smiley:

…but no MiG-29K…?

1 Like

I forgot to mention the MiG-29K equipped with the modified RBK-500 cluster munition stuffed with bamboo leave wrapped Paxil nuggets. Just the thing to turn that sad, sad panda into a happy Kung Fu one…!

vote for what you want to see next!

I really wish there was something for SU-27/33 which is the only worthy adversary to F-15 in DCS currently …:worried:
Sryan has made an admirable effort in contributing to our community…
Mighty proud of you Sryan …:sunglasses:

4 Likes

thanks for the kind words @Nash!

Have you read this yet?

1 Like

For the flanker, once you understand its systems and their advantages and limitations it is quite possible to succeed with it.
The best way is to figure out at what range it is best to maneuver to defeat inbound amraams, what maneuvers it takes to do that, and how to exploit the weaknesses of the f-15s systems.
You will need wingmen to really operate effectively, single ship Ops will generally just devolve into a game of chicken, or the low altitude sneaking valley fight that you normally see.

If you really want to succeed with the flanker get a two ship minimum together

Fly in a relatively close formation, and at your determined defensive range (I use 12 or so miles, 19 km) perform a max g notch to the beam, possibly run cold, notch in opposite directions, then one guy in the notch performs a split s gets down to the deck and ground clutter and immediately pitches hot looking for the bandits, the other performs a lazier climbing turn back into the bandit trying to gain 10k feet over the starting altitude. If you had a third flanker, have him in five- ten mile trail and have him accelerate as fast as he bloody can at mid- high altitude.

What you have hopefully done at this point is broken lock, defeated whatever shots they had on you, and split wide enough in azimuth and especially elevation, that it will be very difficult to impossible for a single radar to see both of you at once, so one of the two/3 ship manages to untargeted start taking shots inside of ten miles or less and possibly get to the merge.

We performed this exact tactic with a pair of f-15s and a single m2000, killed four flankers for the loss of the two f-15s who were running bait in front, the mirage at mid altitude splashed one who was unaware with a super, and the high 15 splashed two more who but off on me the low guy. I then merged with two more and eventually died but not before another had been killed by one of the two wingmen

None of this required active missiles.

4 Likes

Awesome job! How do you access the “tacview” of your flight? (The playback illustrating flight path, missile path, etc.)

You can do a lot with the free version. Pretty much all the stuff I’ve shown and much more is possible in the free version. There’s also home and pro editions with more features.

It’s the best debriefing and evaluation tool for DCS (and some other sims) out there!

3 Likes

Thanks for the info! However, after days of troubleshooting I cannot get taview to install. I would email taview direct but their “mail” link only shows troubleshooting steps. I download installer.exe without issue. But, when i try to run it says the version is not compatible with my PC. (64bit Windows 10. btw) I don’t know what to do with this… CAN ANYONE HELP?!

Hey @tscro88!

Kinda unfortunate to hear you’re having trouble with it :confused: I remember it used to work fine on my own windows 10 systems but I have since then reverted to windows 8 and windows 7. I wish there was something I could to help, maybe someone else around here has an idea, but I think your best bet is to post in this thread on the ED forums. The people and even the dev himself are very active there and are more likely to be able to help you with your issue.

1 Like

Ok, thanks bud.

i signed up for this website only to write
its amazing guide im flying it almost half a year and i didnt knew about the fuel things and few more
awsome job at writing it
and i didnt understood how to enter the sidewinder AACQ mode

2 Likes

Happy to hear all that, @shab249!

Be sure to read this version, it’s the latest:

2 Likes

i just signed up to write comment for this awsome guide.

This guide is just amazing. It has satisfied all my curiosity about F-15c’s radar and combat! Really nice job and great work.

I was literally ‘Flying Target’. I didn’t know what the hell that flash thing is mean, the reason why exist a lot of lines on the HUD, how to hit enemy correctly, and how to evade missiles, etc. But now, with this guide, I can say to my enemy: “Not today.”

I’m really appreciate to you. Thanks! :slight_smile:

PS. Can I translate it into my language and share with my DCS friends? I want to show this incredible guide to them!

5 Likes

Thanks for the kind words Renard!

What language would that be?

It is already available in Dutch: http://combatflight.nl/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=59

And in german: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2821850#post2821850

If the language you wish to translate to isn’t either of these, then sure! Go ahead and translate :slight_smile: Be sure to post a link here, I’d like to read it as well :smiley:

2 Likes

Actually, it’s gonna be translated to korean. I’m not sure you know about it; as you wish, I’ll show you translation of it when I finished.

Once more, Thank you! @Sryan!

2 Likes

Just an FYI, just found this article, and its missing a bunch of photos because of Photo-buckets new policies. :frowning:

4 Likes