DCS Mission Editor Question(s)

How many hits did the debrief screen say the unit took?

A lot - sorry, I haven’t checked this thread in a while.

Just a quick question - I think I know the answer.

The "Mark"action (All, Group, etc.) in the Trigger actions - can I assume that only works in MP?

Like putting a mark on the F10 map?

I believe it works in sp. pretty sure I tried it the other week in sp

1 Like

Thanks - I think I may be missing an options setting

1 Like

I think I know the answers and that the answers are "No"and “No”. (I have done the due diligence web searching for the answer and came up with nothing.) However

Question: Is there an easy way to set a static object like cargo to “Late Activation” in the mission and then make it become activated with the STARIC ACTIVATE trigger?

The idea is to randomize the selection of one of a few different cargo pick up spots so as to make a mission a bit different every time it is played. Currently there is no way to selectively activate a specific (randomly chosen) cargo static object. All the cargo objects are present at mission start. This means that they must be placed at least 4000 m apart or more than one cargo will show.

as a follow on, do you think something like this can be done with a short LUA script 

Something that sets a specific object to activate - a DO SCRIPT action.
or
Something that “destroys” the unselected cargo objects - several DO SCRIPT commands.

In this case what I do is place a cargo object with the “can be cargo” ticked off and whenever the conditions are met I swap it with a proper cargo object using MIST.

To destroy the static cargo:
Unit.getByName(‘Static_Cargo’):destroy()

To teleport the “active” cargo:
mist.teleportInZone(‘Active_Cargo’, {‘Zone1’})

So, in this example:

• Static_Cargo is the cargo that can’t be picked
  • Active_Cargo is the cargo that can be picked, placed somewhere out of sight
  • Zone1 is a trigger zone placed right on top of Static_Cargo with the minimum radius (5)
1 Like

New Question - I’ve done some digging in Hoggit and could not find an entry
may not looking in the right area

Is there a way to script an AI aircraft to experience some type of mechanical failure; lose and engine or fuel leak, etc. Maybe a “Chips Light” in a helo. Something that might make an AI aircraft have to make an emergency landing in a mission?

I vaguely remember doing this using the “explode unit” action in the trigger rules but I just did a quick test and setting the volume to 1 doesn’t seem to cause enough damages while 2 does too much damages.
In the mission editor you cant use decimal values but maybe it’s possible if you’re doing it via scritps?

1 Like

Thanks @EightBall. I was looking to do something specific and visual - like an E-3A or C-17 suffering an engine fire that forces an emergency landing in “bad guy land”. I guess I’ll just “fake it” with comms - engine out instead off a fire.

BTW, I like that your avatar is following COVID guidelines. :slightly_smiling_face:
er
 :mask:

4 Likes

:smile:
And I got one ready for when I get the vax, whenever that might be
8b-Vaxsmall

8 Likes

Sorry to dig up an old topic but this just didn’t seem worth starting a new post.

Why do some of my advanced way point actions come up grey instead of white? Some of them don’t seem to work either. Such as the immortal AWACS keeps getting shot down.

IIRC, grey actions are actions that are triggered at a previous waypoint but continue through the current waypoint you are looking at.

Re immortal - While I don’t know why the AWACS is getting shot down, you might try a couple of things (if not already doing so).

1st - Immortal must be turned on at the first (0th) waypoint.
2nd - Also turn on Invisible - that way the enemy will ignore the AWACS.

I have used Immortal a couple of times with AI but only with ground forces - i.e. when I want a well hidden JFAC to work without getting killed.

Primarily I have used Immortal to apply to the player when developing training or exercise missions where it is counter productive or unrealistic to have the player shot down. In those cases it works albeit you need to deal with the whole AAM lr SAM explosion blanking things out for a bit. :open_mouth:

Is there anyway to spawn A/C into a mission that you can select to fly but also limit what you can select until certain conditions are met?

For example

I want to spawn in a 16 and and 18 for SEAD. I want the A/C that is available to be random.

I will drive a truck to a hangar that triggers a flag. The flag will be random 1 or 2. That flag will trigger which plane is available.

I set the mission up and made the 18 and 16 late activation. However both A/C are selectable at mission start. I was hoping nothing would be selectable until the truck entered the trigger.

Is this possible or am I asking to much of the mission editor?

1 Like