DCS Mission Editor Questions 2023 Edition

Time saver I’m sure.

It appears to be a spawn script using static objects.

I think I’m doing something similar with weapon loadouts (only I do it outside of DCS).

In essence: take the number of aircraft X the number of different missions X number of ‘spawn points’ (hardpoints) X etc, etc - it’s gets outta hand fast. You could write a standalone app just for populating the stores/carrier deck. So you punt and run a script that spawns a sub-set of ever possibility.

Save you lots of time when you just want something there by automating the process.

Then as others mentioned above, you have the issue of how this all is dealt with by DCS during runtime - interference with other stuff.

2 Likes

I wanted to give it a try, but the VSN FA-18F links are all dead. I tried their Discord server and the same link is dead at FileHorst.

1 Like

Try this, there’s a new list of d/l links in the discord (#fa-18c-d-f): VSN_FA18F v2.7.12.01 Modell VNAO FC3 SFM.7z beim Filehorst - filehorst.de

1 Like

Right on TeTeT. Thanks for that.

Got it working. I created the same path inside my Saved Games folder and didn’t even need to edit the trigger conditions. Pretty cool. I wish that there was a way to copy the assets and triggers in a template that would port between maps.

3 Likes

Haven’t had to do this specifically [yet, but it’s on the ‘menu’] though I have done similar things. Seems like, without digging deep into the code supplied with the above, it is either

• Edit the mission file within the miz file (it is a BIG lua table and thus text, with no file extension). Very messy as triggers have their tentacles spread throughout that code Ick.
  • Write a lua script. From as much work as doing it manually, once per map, per carrier, etc, to a lot more. Depends on where you start from. But you’d only have to do it once. :slight_smile:

Anyway, I looked at this very thing a few months back (or longer) and shelved it due to the issues with the runtime interactions (or lack thereof). I just have a different use-case.

2 Likes

Oh snap forgot about that. I made a few Forrestal decks with that scripting but shelved it because in multiplayer they spawn sunk into the deck. Now that replays work I don’t need to worry about that anymore.

Only thing I hate about it is coding makes my eyes glaze over.

1 Like