DCS Screenshots [2024]

myself and @Freak flying sideways at stupid speeds, and pushing the chinook to silly levels

9 Likes

Zoom!

18 Likes

flying through some light rain with a full load of cargo, the dynamic cargo system (even in its infancy) is very good, you can pick what you want from the warehouse and deliver it to another

10 Likes

Please delete post

when I took the first screen the warehouse menu was open, but doesn’t seem to show in VR screenshot

still have to try driving a Humvee in the back

10 Likes

After decades of waiting to meet their demise, a stay of execution is granted… to go somewhere in the Gulf.

13 Likes

A couple of screens from my maiden flight with the Chinook on Afghanistan map. To my surprise it didn’t end in a crash landing :slight_smile: Second flight was less successfull, though.

10 Likes

10 Likes

17 Likes

VR and the M4 is a match made in heaven :rofl:

11 Likes

10 Likes

20 Likes

Makes me wish we had the Sea Knight in DCS!

6 Likes

There’s a remote chance that an (updated) model of the CH-46 will make it into Vietnam War Vessels mod, albeit for AI only. I still haven’t really seen through the EFM stuff sufficiently to see a piloted version around.

7 Likes

When you think you’re close to the release of an AI A-1 Skyraider:

And then realize you’re not:

Not to speak of the misaligned pylon loadouts :frowning:

8 Likes

3 Likes

15 Likes

Absolutely glorious!

The third fourth and fifth screenshots make me think of the movie “The fourth war”…

2 Likes

I need to see that, huge Scheider fan and all that lovely 80s Cold War imagery!

This is a mission set in a similar timeframe, it supposed a more violent break up of the Soviet Union in which communist hardliners attempt to pull Operation Danube all across the Warsaw Pact and it only further inflames independence movements.

A US-Canadian task force supports a newly independent Georgia against Soviet aggression.

A CF-188A of the RCAF scambles for a CAP mission sometime in December, 1989.

Impolite: The Canadians are the first NATO forces in the region to draw blood after downing a Soviet Mi-24 harassing Georgian positions.

The US Air Force comes to rely heavily on US Navy F-14s to protect AWACS and refueling corridors.

Waiting in place; a T-80U of a Soviet tank battalion provides overwatch upon the Eastern road into Khashuri, a key city that splits Georgian forces in half and holds an important rail station in the region.

A USAF F-4E Phantom warming up for a strike mission.

It’s getting ugly; An OA-10A setting out to perform the dangerous role of AFAC.

A Canadian CF-116 races over tree tops.

A reflection of the state of Soviet forces in the region: A T-55 in service next to a more modern T-72B. A lot of Soviet hardware has fallen into the hands of Georgian forces or has been outright destroyed in initial attempts to readmit the nation into the USSR. While Soviet troops have split the nation in half, the cost in lives and equipment has been immense. As a result, old tanks are being pulled out of Russian storage depots and pressed into service to reconstitute lost capabilities to a certain degree.

12 Likes

Decided to take Olenya out of action, got a few Tu-22M3’s as well and the Taxiway is cratered

Taking off from Bodø loaded with 12 BLU-107s, 2 bags of gas and a full complement of air to air weapons

Maybe a little too much fun with the afterburner …

The fuel gauge just dipped below 1000lbs as I was joining up with the tanker, had to use min afterburner on one engine with all that drag as well :grimacing:

Dat a***!

Transitioning to low level

Quite a bit of fire back there!

yep

Going home, the aerial refueling on the way back was uneventful

120nm to Bodø and still some gas in the bags, lets see what this baby can do!

Not quite Mach 2 as I am passing over Bodø at 35’000ft, I prabably should have dropeed the missiles :joy:

On final RWY 07 at Bodø

Made it. Jester even told me the landing was smooth as a babies buttocks :slight_smile:

9 Likes