DCS Super Carrier, or how Will learned to love skittles of all the wrong colours

I thought you needed the Barbecue Asset Pack to get the hotdogs.

4 Likes

I just came to say I love the title :joy:

2 Likes

Earliest seconds relevant…
https://youtu.be/tX-NdX7DPtc

7 Likes

Forgot how old that movie is.

The Dunes hotel was demolished in the 1990’s

Wheels

5 Likes

I…might’ve helped encourage him a little bit…

8 Likes

Some New pics in ED screenshot section…maybe news later?

5 Likes

That moustache on the mini-Boss… nice touch for Movember!

3 Likes

Definitely a nice touch, but Mini should be in a yellow shirt (ops), not green (maintenance).

3 Likes

I wondered about that, but wasn’t 100% sure (transferred before I could finish my AW qual).

1 Like

Brown = Line
Red = Ordi
Yellow = Ops
Green = Maintenance
Purple = Fuel
White = support (I think, but I’ve only seen admin types in white, though LSOs wear white float coats).

4 Likes

Medical, Safety, passengers on COD’s, VIP’s, etc.

And blue are tractor drivers, though that’s usually V-3, not V-1. Or handlers in training, IIRC.

2 Likes

learned something new!

3 Likes

Thank you!

…and Officers…that is officers that don’t have any business to be on the flight deck– and are in fact not on the flight deck –but are working in CVIC and it is either too cold for wash khakis (lots of AC because of all the systems we got running…MSI is the worst) or because all their wash khaki shirts are kin the laundry.

Blue is Chocks and Chains. I guess you might see one on a tractor…thought they were yellow shirts and green shirts that mostly did that.

and I think crash and salvage…red jersey under their silver suits.

1 Like

What about Deck Kiddie Pools? Can’t have a carrier deck without a kiddie pool to cool off.

5 Likes

Thanks for pointing that out. I thought it looked…weird but I couldn’t put my finger on it.

That will be in the DCS: Steel Beach Picnic mission set DLC.

5 Likes

And it will cost 59.99!

3 Likes

Can I pre-order for Early Access with 20% off at $47.99?

2 Likes

Yeah, you’re missing small arms practice at sea… Seems fun, then you get hot brass down your privates (and not in a good way):

9 Likes
  • FOD Walk-downs in the hangar bay
  • Dodging the CMC and XO during Cleaning Stations
  • That One Guy who thinks it’s fun to throw float coats over the side at 0230 every night for a week (the REAL reason)
  • Steak, lobster, and ice cream before the 1MC announcement that you’re being extended or missing the next two liberty ports due to operational commitments.
  • Starting long lines in the hangar deck in front of locked storeroom doors to screw with the air wing.
  • Getting yelled at and more GQ drills because the air wing isn’t playing.
  • Reactor drills
  • Main space fire drills (refer to the FOD walk down bullet point)
  • Playing “what’s in it for me?” with Supply when you need a voltage regulator circuit card for an emergency repair at 2100.
  • ORSE
4 Likes