DCS VR Shaders Mod (now with instructions!)

That guy is mentioning also other things, some of which I find hard to believe.

Man, I wish it was just optimized for VR from the start.

1 Like

Debating if I want to give this mod a whirl. Seems another update has been provided for the 2.5.6 patch.

1 Like

6 Likes

I’m not going first. You go first. Maybe I should vorpX an already native VR sim. Haha…

4 Likes

What if you vorpX:ed DCS 2D and it turned out to be an improvement over DCS VR…! :wink:

5 Likes

I ain’t touching nothing!! LoL

1 Like

I’m gonna vorpX Discourse…

2 Likes

TLDR
Shader mod doesnt work like it used to, at least in my experience.

So i tried the new updated version of the VR shaders mod with 2.5.6. Here is the basic rundown:

1. I dont notice the massive FPS increase I did with the old version.
  2. The sun bloom/glare goes through the aircraft pit and basically all solid objects
  3. You lose the badass new water effects on Persian Gulf
  4. The in-pit shadows and lighting in general does not look as good.

The mod I want is to leave all the shaders the same, but allow me to use the render mask without messing with everything else. Surely this would allow for increased performance with the same visual effects. I mean even if it meant you were rendering 5-10% less screen area, it would have to be an FPS boost right?

4 Likes

Sounds like maybe I shouldn’t install.

1 Like

Wondered about that myself. I’ll take 5%.

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkzHTclRIgQ

heres the latest version for 2.5.6. The older shaders didnt seem to have the same boost with 2.5.6, so lets see if this one brings the performance back.

2 Likes

Cool. I’m going to try this in…(looks at watch)…29 hours. :alarm_clock:

1 Like

Recent post on YT from Lukas S / Wolta:

4 Likes

I just gave it another shot. Sadly, it did not fix what was ailing me, as I still had awful framerates at Hollo Pointe. I guess my old CPU is old. (4790K)

On the plus side, it did not look half bad.

That’s the same as mine. I seemed to start of chugging but improved as the night went on

1 Like

I went from 45-70 to 60-90 in my standard killin time mission; not terribly complex, NTTR map. That’s in VR and as such the loss of any visuals wasn’t really noticeable, however I’m not as particular about gfx anymore. I’d rather have another 60-degress FOV.

i7 6700 @ 4.4ghz, 32 mb memory, 1080 w/8Gb vram.

3 Likes

Ressurecting an old thread here, but has anyone managed to get monocle NVG with these VR shaders? I’ve tried messing around with the NVG mask size value but nothing will make the “monocle” small enough to show up in my headset, leaving me with full-screen NVGs. I tried asking around on the ED Forums but, after an unreasonable encounter with the creator of the mod he won’t respond to my questions about it.

This wouldn’t happen to be speed of heat… or the OG shader mod creator Kegetys?

Speed-of-Heat. Not sure what his deal is. At any rate, I gave up with the NVG mask. A value of 9.9 and a value of 500.0 gave the exact same “monocle” size, and shifting it up enough to peek underneath created artifacting, so I’ll just live with the full screen NODs.

1 Like

The 2.7 versions, which are basically anything causing an error cut out, so not ideal but at least something. Info and download from here (IC friendly for MP):

EDIT: Updated to first post in that topic, as 2.7 versions now there.

2 Likes