DCS world wishlist

Well, I don’t really care all that much about more aircraft, there is already many more cool planes than I’ll ever get proficient in.
However a proper dynamic campaign system, smarter AI and ATC and perhaps a Scandinavian map, now that would really be something.

3 Likes

You’re not wrong… I was just hoping he’d be way more into flying the thing instead of wasting time showing other users that he does… :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I’m on the same bandwagon as schurem with the Fulda gap for a theoretical cold war gone hot scenario.

As for airframes for this theater I would love to see:
• F-117 Nighthawk
• Tornado IDS/ADV
• AH-64A Apache
• OH-58D Kiowa
• Su-17M4 Fitter-K (Su-22M4 export ver)

5 Likes

The -117, if done properly, would make for some interesting scenarios both blue and red sided. I would really enjoy rebuilding/playing that time a wily Serb shot one down.

3 Likes

I think that would be brilliant. I hadn’t thought of the goblin. It would be incredible to learn what makes it tick.

1 Like

We had some chance to fly it in old Microprose titles, Jane’s ATF, Jane’s USAF and some mods for Strike Fighters but I would love to see fully fleshed out model in DCS World.

Units

1. A late F-4E and F-4J/S
  2. The F-16 getting punted into late 2030
  3. An F-15E that has a working CCRP ASL.
  4. An AI representation of the Knox, Charles F. Adams, Farragut, Kidd, Spruance, Udaloy, Kashin, Kanin, Sovremmeny, Kara, Kresta, Leahy, Belknap, Virginia, California and Mk-26 armed Ticonderoga classes of Frigates, Destroyers and Cruisers respectively circa the late 1980s.
  5. An F-111, I guess?
  6. A proper Sea Harrier?

Concepts

1. Better mission planning and aircraft configuration before missions in SP and MP (data cartridge)
  2. A basic simulation of Electronic Warfare
  3. AI that are less… bad… at basic aviation

Maps

1. Chabahar and Bandar Bushehr added to the PG map
  2. Nordkapp (at least as far south as Bodo)
  3. Hokkaido-Kuriles-Sakhalin
  4. South China Sea
  5. Timor
  6. Cenepa Valley
  7. Iceland
  8. Central Europe
9 Likes

The FP/ArmA editor was flexible more in how scripting could be applied to a given mission and then chained together in a campaign. It was possible to completely forego the UI layout and use a custom layout in a campaign or mission, for example, then track a lot of complex values like supplies or user-set variables from mission to mission. The baseline functionality isn’t easy to work with though, but if you understood the scripting mechanics it was far more flexible than DCS currently is.

As for DCS and helicopters, they fit in better at smaller scales and distances, which is difficult in an open ocean map. That means they’re quite useful in a map like the Caucasus, where there’s a lot of land to cover as well as operate from, coupled with a more clear front line.

1 Like

Airframes:

• F-15E - Yes, I know it’s in the pipeline
  • F-16C - Yes, I know, I know…
  • Tornado IDS/ADV
  • AH-64D Longbow
  • OH-58D Kiowa

As far as map(s), I’d like Somalia, Syria, Korea, or Bosnia. Sorry, I can’t settle on just one.

–T

4 Likes

Modules:

AH-1Z/UH-1Y (its a wishlist right?) These would finish out my Marine air assets. The AI CH53 and 46’s will suffice with a texture update. Although i believe the 46 is a user mod.
Combined Arms to be at least on the level of IL2 tanks
F-4
F-111
Integrated VoIP. SRS type communication should be in the base game.

Maps:
South China Sea map
Vietnam
Eastern Europe Cold War gone Hot
PG map to include Kuwait and Iraq. So many opportunities for different periods of campaigns here. Iraq vs Iran, Desert Storm, OIF, Future conflicts, etc.

3 Likes

I see a lot of interesting wishes here. I agree with a lot of this. Here’s is mine.
MiG-17F for so many reasons
F-104
F-16 any A or C
Kiowa
Cobra

Maps, Early Israili conflicts, Korea, Taiwan

3 Likes

Good thinking that one would be very cool!

( Re: F-104 )
I for one have worked long aside that … thing… but can’t find its appeal.

1 Like

If you drive along the e40 motorway between Belgium and France there is an f104 sat on top on a shipping container that has caused me numerous near misses in the lorry.
Its just sat there like someone lifted it up with a forklift like a scrap car and forgot about the poor old beast.

1 Like

Personally, that’s were it should stay.
Awful thing- only good to test Low Orbit Rocket Assisted Flight. Or whatever the NASA did with it…

2 Likes

Oh come on, zippers are awesome. A jet engine in a streamlined banana with mudflaps for wings. And a vulcan cannon for sh1ts and giggles. And then you take that and do lo-lo-lo strikes in rainy, foggy central germany with it. It aint stupid if it works (most of the time)

3 Likes

Meh, this is my parameter of Airplane beauty…

So you see… the problem could be me. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

As much as I love the Intruder… It does have a hamster cheek look about it lol

hqdefault

6 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart_eyes::stuck_out_tongue::star_struck:

1 Like

Intruder is what happened when Grumman hired a bunch of draftsmen that were recently let go at Disney’s.

6 Likes