Oh, not another game I need to get back to playing, good thing i’ve been keeping my Space Truckers with Guns client up to date.
For whatever reason, I immediately thought of this:
And I think about
I really enjoy roaming around on planet surfaces.
Need to hook up again @komemiute, wings is where this game shines.
I don’t credit crunch(unless i need to buy or upgrade something), i just love roaming and playing in different ships.
Anyway, i may catch you guys around.
@bogusheadbox heh, I’d love that.
Plus with these upcoming updates, cooperative multiplayer in same ship is bound to happen!
How cool is that!
By any means right now on the official Twitch Tv of Frontier a stream about the Engineer update is happening.
Unfortunately the Hotel Wi-fi is worse than I thought and I can’t really see anything on my mobile.
I’ll wait for the upload on YouT.
Summary of tonight’s ED On the Horizion/Engineers Beta Part 1 stream
Bookmarks. A “quality of life” improvement. Select system, edit name, done. Simple and effective.
New filter on system map for states, War, Civil War, Boom, Bust etc. Anarchy is on there too but will probably be removed. Like a lot of stuff shown, this feature is subject to change. Part of a push to make events in the galaxy map more visible.
Videos shown within this stream will be in ED YouTube playlist.
Regeneration laser video shown - it does have some restrictions, you have to be winged-up and shields on target ship have to be functional. And its green, almost Borg-ish.
Engineer mods aren’t just for weapons.
Visual effects for weapons now scale according to weapon size.
POIs - human ones will be within the bubble more or less.
Natural POIs can be found. Screenshot shown of crashed vessel on planet.
USSs will have a revamp for 2.1 (I assume that’s the ability to scan before entering one)
No need for Discovery Scanner in order to scan Nav beacon.
Nav beacon will also transmit useful info for salvage and assassination missions. More info coming on Friday.
Huge multi-cannon video shown. Not as rapid firing as the smaller ones but MB comments that “it will chew hulls to bits.”
Huge beam video shown. When fired, it fires one of 4 big beams in rapid sequence.
Not even 0.1% of ED galaxy discovered yet.
GFX improvements for ring systems (more than planned originally) and planet surfaces.
Enemy ships can attack you above planet surfaces. Ships travel from one base to another. Ditto with starports.
Security response beefed up in high security systems
Large AI update for 1.6/2.1 for NPCs. Dogfighting near surfaces is a lot more interesting.
More SRV types - keen to look into but not for 2.1.
Thermal shock laser video shown - literally bringing the heat to your targeted vessel.
Following on from Thermal shock, changes to other weapons coming, “you can fire some disabling shots” - more on this on Friday (newsletter).
Regeneration laser and Thermal shock - effects will stack when used by multiple ships on a target.
Engineers mods is something which will be expanded.
MB: “The Alliance are traitors to independence.”
New NPC AI can handle canyon flight on surface, depends on rank of NPC. Better at higher ranks then they were before.
Exploration data gained from Nav beacons can not be sold.
States for systems - effects will be pushed across the game - effecting traffic, market prices, missions. States are primary drivers for what factions are planning and how their reacting.
NPCs can use Engineers modified weapons (!).
New outfitting video shown. Improvements, bolder comparisons. All stats shown for weapons and modules with more descriptions. From dev build, subject to change.
Thruster upgrades incoming. For Size 2/3 thrusters ships. Enhanced performance. Small ships are fun to fly. And racing is fun. Not too expensive, price will be in the “low millions”.
NPC AI ships will be awry of Hi-G worlds.
Missions - more details coming. Navy missions revamp (more a career), its coming but not for 2.1/1.6
Missions - successful completions will build relationship with factions and will introduce you to higher people with that faction. Your rank will be taken into account when dealing with faction representatives. So they may look up/look down on you.
Something very cool to be revealed in Friday’s Newsletter, not even hinted at yet.
Force shell video shown. Very effective against smaller ships. Like Cannon x 3. Target ship gets knocked off course on impact, even Python. Against a Hauler it produced a tail spin (if there is such a thing in space).
its amazing really.
I thought I have travelled quite some distance. But I know that I have travelled nearly nothing compared to explorers. And to think that not even 0.1% of the galaxy has been seen…
Wow, just wow. This is a true sandbox game.
Guys, guys… Guysguysguysguysguys!
It’s from my phone and I’m in a rush…
Please check this out… OMG.
Also my forum avatar has NEVER been so relevant!
I don’t know how I’ll ever find the time to go from zero knowledge about Elite Dangerous to being even semi-proficient at it. I receive those newsletters (I think I have dozens of them) and each time they seem to be adding something new. LOL…I’ll spawn in and die instantly from lack of knowledge.
Great to see it is flourishing though. By the time I get to play it (when does Kai go to college??) it will probably be like a sim where you were a VR suit that chills you and heats you according to the temperature and you’ll have all these personalizations and factions that have started…
Maybe the suit could even induce a little hypoxia? One of the many things you can die from in ED
But seriously, how cool are the (FINALLY) pictures for persistent NPCs and the voice ATC for the space stations? !
Wow - that is a great update, lots of things I’m looking forward to in that, especially the missions stuff.
We might have over-stated the grinding bit, it is really possible to download it (it’s pretty small to download), set up the WH, get in the default ship (which is fine) and have some fun in about 20 minutes flat.
I bet if you did then a few Mudspikers (is that a word?) would wing up too, i.e. let’s get on teamspeak and watch @BeachAV8R dock for the first time on a Coriolis. I’d heat popcorn just for that
I you don’t dock within the specified time you get shot for loitering. If you try to dock at the wrong port you get shot for loitering as well.
That’s true. The criminal justice code in the Elite universe seems pretty straightforward and must have took a quick 10 minutes to draft: ‘Something something break law, probably’ = everyone shoots you.
So it’s like Texas?
recent postings about docking have got me reminded about this gem. oldie but a goodie.
(some NSFW text in there for those who need to watch out for that kinda thing.)
Here a brief summary:
- Part 3 next week. More into on the specific Engineers in tomorrow’s newsletter.
- 2.1 brings a fresh look to missions.
- Image and video shown for Emissive (sp?) Munitions upgrade. Envelops target
vessel with energetic particles. Increases target vessel signature. Can
be applied to different weapons. Used to counter silent running builds.
More damage done = bigger signature. If sensors are degraded then using
this upgrade will counter that. Weapons will become much hotter to fire
when using this upgrade.
- Most engineers upgrades are more positive than negative in terms of effect on your ship.
- Lets talk missions shall we?
- New mission board screen (from dev. build, shown in last week’s newsletter). Shows faction reps. The more you work with factions, the more likely you’d meet higher-ranking members of that faction.
- Faction reps will tell you how they feel about you and how their faction is doing.
- System states will have bigger effect on missions.
- Faction current, pending and previous state shown.
- Criminal factions will offer more illegal missions. However, other law-aiding factions may be more subtle in offering illegal missions.
- Reason for mission is displayed. Step by step description on mission objectives. Communication improved for why this mission is available.
- That plus pictures of faction reps aids players who are role-playing the game.
- Video shown of space-traffic control feature.
- Space-traffic control communicates with player in vicinity of station to aid in docking procedure and also when leaving stations.If you’re hostile, space-traffic control will warn you that you will be fired upon on approach to station.Lots of different voice options for space-traffic control.
- Missions will pay more for higher-rank pilots.
- Rank will have effect on mission difficultly, and related rewards. FD will watch feedback for this for
- Have to balance between new pilots and billionaires.
- Missions can also award special materials used by Engineers.
- Also another potential mission reward besides credits and materials. FD keeping that secret for now.
- Missions for military career paths have changed for 2.1
- FD aware of requests for Wing Missions. Not in 2.1 but since 2.1 has improved AI for NPCs you may want to wing up anyway.
- Brand new mission templates for 2.1. Existing mission templates reworked, mission branches replaced and improved.
- Comms inbox used more now. You will rarely have to drop out of super cruise to receive mission-related messages.
- Introducing Cordial - new rep. rank between Neutral and Friendly. New players will start at the high end of Neutral.
- SFX for all weapons determined by damage type and weapon.
- Ship insurance re-buy DOES cover Engineer-modifications to your ship.
- Incendiary Rounds Image and video shown. Damage converted to thermal, damage slightly increased as well. Especially good for projectile style weapons. No real damage to your ship when using this upgrade, but that
- New mission scenarios and types in 2.1 - not loads more, but more.
- Chained missions - not part of 2.1, work in progress.
- Branching missions - almost all 2.1 missions have some sort of potential branch.
- For example, in an Assassination mission, you may get message from contact warning you that your target is aware that you are after them and has sent minions after you! If you do kill the minions, you get extra reward. Following the branch in missions will usually result in extra reward but its optional for you to do so.
- Long term vision for missions - moving towards more dynamic missions with personal narrative. But due to number of different factions, major factions, system states, faction agendas etc the mission system is procedural.
- Player designed missions? - That’s a lot of work.Boot time for weapons shown in outfitting screen - time takes for weapons to turn on.
- Powerplay weapons staying for now.
- Potential Powerplay Engineers on the way!
- Ship transfer to another station - its on the to-do list.
- Missiles! Previously hit with nerf-bat. Now increased damage to shields, small buff before (in 1.5) and for 2.1, minor buff again.
- Missiles won’t penetrate hull, but, when missile impacts on hull, splash damage is applied on nearby ship modules and hard-points.
- Guidance system for missiles has been improved too so, “time to bring back the point-defence!”
- Some Engineer upgrades can be applied to missiles!
- “We’re looking to shake up everything!”
- Missile video shown. Canopy breached! (toned down- not going to happen all the time- especially if hit from behind.)
- THANK GOD! NPC ships harassing you with mission spam after mission accepted are gone for 2.1
- Ice mining video shown. Ice mining missions in 2.1!
- No exploration missions yet but they are planned.
- In-space missions can be given by faction rep. Plus there are a couple of new missions types for in-space missions. They are hidden away in beta and FD will be watching to see who finds those new missions.
- Scanning Nav beacon can scan whole system, for USS missions you will be told the body near the USS.
- New POI approach mechanic.
- Missions timers - increasing amount of time for mission. Certain branches in missions will potentially pay you more, but those branches will of course take longer.
- Feedback Cascade image shown. Interferes with shield cell operation and can disable target vessel’s shield in the process.
- Feedback Cascade video shown. Fed Dropship activates shield cell, when hit by Feedback Cascade, Dropship’s shields drop to 0%.
- FD have a bunch of options for this weapon if the effects are too great, that’s what beta’s are for!
- Engineer mods will be great upheaval for ED, in hindsight current Feedback Cascade effect may not be that deadly. Maybe it will just do damage to the shield cell. FD want to get this out there in beta and get the feedback.
- Missions can now ask you to kill people from certain factions.
- Illegal missions can ask you to kill clean targets (I assume legal missions won’t)
- Enemy Ships should be closer in rank to you for missions. So, for assassination missions, if you’re Mostly Harmless you won’t be fighting an Elite Anacondas.
- Target type now given for missions (eg Pirate Lord)
- New video shown, ship landing at Engineer base.
- Some of the bases are unlocked at launch. Each base has a unique looks to fit the terrain, landing piers etc.
- Missions are scaled around your rank.
- Missions will display tips on equipment needed. Assassination missions for example will advise you to take a FSD Interdictor.
- New commanders will be given a welcome mission in their inbox. This is optional.
Hope this helps.
To be honest this really looks like a good step forward.
It really gives me the idea FD can keep their vision while listening to the playerbase.
Sorry for the recent lack of updates, lotsa going on…
But now- 1.6 and The Engineers (2.1) release incoming
(Careful, it’s a LONG list of it…)
Today’s the day many of you have been waiting for. We’re going to be updating Elite Dangerous with The Engineers (2.1) and 1.6. However, to do so we will need to bring the servers down for a long period of time while we apply the updates.
The servers will be down for potentially 10+ hours. It could be significantly shorter or longer and we wont be able to give a firm timeframe but we’ll keep you informed on this thread as we get more information.
While you’re waiting for the servers we have a few things going on to keep you entertained.
- We have a 1 hour AMA with David Braben on the Elite Dangerous subreddit at 11am. The thread will be going live on the subreddit closer to the time.
- We have the launch livestream from 1pm where Ed Lewis will be joined by David Braben, Mike Brookes, Sandro Sammarco and many more developers for some Q&As and giveaways. You’ll find that on our official YouTube channel.
- We will be attempting to keep the beta servers online to allow players to continue playing.
We will update the thread with the full patch notes once we have them.
Thank you for your patience.
Patch notes time!
Please note for Xbox One update: The update is available for download but will not be able to play until the servers are back up. It will be 9.2GB download.
The following are PC specific patch notes that have been added since the most recent update
- Shutdown the HMD System on destruction. Prevents AMD crash on exit
- Fix station services being left open - to crash - when player deploys their buggy while in a station menu
- Prevent soft lock if NPCs are spawning in a region that hasn’t been constructed yet
- Fix for crash when opening the edit loaded screen in CQC after unlocking new modules from ranking up
- Fix for soft-lock in module data gatherer when loading into the game
- Fix a crash if transmitting a message when there’s no location object (e.g. on death)
- Fix a crash creating certain scenarios
- Fixed crash in fighter cockpit when kinematic is ready before its target
- Fix crash when trying to use FSDInterdictor on a target object that is not a ship
- Fix crash with ship components activating before the object is ready
- Crash fix for when a weapon with the Malfunction Hit special effect hits a module that can’t malfunction
- Prevent crash when applying livery items while deploying or boarding with the SRV
- Fix softlock happening sometimes when editing or deleting a bookmark
- Handle the case where we don’t have a reference module more gracefully, and output some more useful logs for debugging this
General Tweaks & Fixes
- Fix case where save could get in an inconsistent state and game would think the player was flying while the server thought they were docked, preventing cargo collection among other things
- Fix a cause of becoming stranded in an SRV above a planet’s surface
- Make sure that flight model handles forces correctly
- Add links to new tutorial videos
- Community Goal rewards now automatically redeem after 2 weeks
- Fix Imperial Cutter hull issue blocking cargo scooping
- Set server status and in-game main menu notifications during weekly server maintenance
- Missile and Torpedoes Icons are wrong way around fixed in outfitting
- Adding ship type string for damaged fed cap ship so it doesn’t assert on contacts panel
- User cannot return to gameplay after selecting the Spoiler option in Livery Outfitting with a ship paint job already applied fixed
- Updated nested bookmark icon to improve clarity
- Various text fixes
- Fix founder delivery to not go to smaller ports / outposts
- Fix for mission cargo being marked as illegal salvage when dropped from a target ship
- Temporarily remove SRV mining
- Reduced the chance of wrinkles from test levels
- Reduced chance of treasure tips from test levels
- Rather than the total number of micro resources (spanning all types), say what type and how many of that type we need space for
- Make planetary missions use rank to determine base strength
- Remove economy dupes in info panel and popup when secondary economy is the same as main economy
- Remove low level materials from the rewards lists so that players can’t be given them by missions
- Various text fixes
- Allow some Engineers to gain reputation by activities other than crafting
- Rebalance engineer reputation gain from crafting blueprints
- Updated rate of Engineer progression balancing numbers
- Prevent superpower reputation from affecting rep gained by Engineers crafting recipes
- Engineers invite mission does not take into account the size of your ship when it selects destination fixed
- Remove unused variables from engineer missions because they may have been blocking progress
- Increase default size of PopUp Engineer Dialogue s in order to accommodate larger strings
- Resource Grade icons have been updated to support grade 5 resources
- Updated buff icons to make them more readable
- Improvement for ice planets to increase the detail in the mid distance. Required Light power (albedo boost)/Mid amp increase and a larger mid fade distance
- Correct the proclaimed maximum terrain feature height on planets to fix issues with some physics patches not generating
- SRV turret mode give incorrect hull information
- SRV wheels don’t spin on networked player fixed
- Allow access for people who own Horizons without also owning a Season 1 SKU
- Pick up dynamic changes to which station services are available at a given market
The following is a compiled list of all the previous beta patch notes for reference.
These are specific to both Xbox One and PC. However, i’m sure it goes without saying that any Horizons specific content will not be available until the Horizons launch on June 3rd for Xbox One Commanders.
NEW CONTENT/FEATURES (2.1)
- Added new commodities for loot/crafting (including ones from ice rings)
- Mining resources can now create materials
- Materials can be spawned inside signal sources
- Materials can be dropped from destroyed ships
- Materials can be dropped from destroyed skimmers
- Encoded data materials added
- Data materials can be scanned from scan able wreckage
- Materials inventory is now split into physical and virtual items
- Added scan able wreckage scenarios and POIs
- Added inbox messages when retrieving encoded loot from various objects
- Allow weapon damage values to modify visual affects
- Experimental effects can be generated on module modifications
- Engineers have module modifications of different types and grades available
- Resources can be used to craft module modifications
- NPC ships can use modified modules
- Added new landing pad types for Engineer bases
- Added new hangars for Engineer bases
- Added bases for each engineer
- Engineer contact history added to stats panel
- Engineer locations can be viewed in the galaxy map (if unlocked)
- Engineers each have their own unlock flow
- New surface material system - improves surface material detail and performance
- New surface salvage items
- Added new surface POIs
- Added NPC patrols near planetary ports and outposts
- NPC encounters can occur near planet surfaces
- NPCs can engage in combat near planet surfaces
- NPC ships can defend settlements and bases
NEW CONTENT/FEATURES (1.6)
- New mission board added
- Mission board contacts added
- Contacts have their appearance deterministically generated to reflect various key factors
- Mission givers have a welcome message that reflects the state of the minor faction, their tone and relationship with player
- Display minor faction recovering and pending states
- Missions are now rated by rank, not gated by them
- Reason for mission generation now added as needed
- USSs for missions now positioned in specific locations as appropriate
- Difficulty of missions is factored into reputation requirements (as well as rank)
- Added additional scenarios for missions
- Mission UI now supports showing specific mission ranks (combat/trade/exploration)
- Reward balance pass for missions
- Commodities can be awarded from missions
- Loot items can be awarded from missions
- Special treasure locations can be awarded by completing missions
- Reveal the location of a mission USS when the body is discovery-scanned (or you scan the Nav beacon)
- Mission contacts remember if they have encountered you before
- Updated scenarios for missions
- Added new planetary mission types
- Added new scan mission types
- Outfitting UI redux
- Updated hangar cameras to fit new outfitting UI
- Some locations can have unique vouchers from scanning for larger rewards that can’t be ‘succumbed’
- Added huge beam laser
- Added huge pulse laser
- Added huge multi-cannon
- Added large multi-cannon
- Added enhanced performance size 2 and 3 drive modules
- Added VFX scaling for weapon size and damage
- Added huge gimbal mount
- Bookmarks: adding bookmark feature to galaxy map and system map. Player is now able to save specific locations (systems, star, planet, stations, surface settlement)
- Added collapsing sections to options screen
- Community goal markers added to galaxy map
- Minor faction state filters added to galaxy map
- Mining scenarios can now spawn in icy rings
- New mining commodities added
- Add traffic density system for generating USSs
- Shipping lanes are created between the primary star, stations, and planets with settlements. Shipping lanes that are too similar to others, or too short, are removed
- Traffic density is calculated based on shipping lane, station and settled planet proximity. This traffic density value alters the probability of USSs
- If you scan a body that has a mission POI on it, the POI will be revealed. The scan can come from the discovery scanner, or from scanning a Nav beacon
- Changed data scans to be unique per location, so they cannot be continuously rescanned
- Unlinked minor faction reputation from their parent major faction reputation, now you will be neutral with an Empire minor faction even if you are allied with the Empire major faction
- Added the ability to scan a Nav beacon to get the system exploration data for that system
- Added a ‘cordial’ minor faction reputation level
- Allow cargo to be transferred to a newly bought ship, if it has adequate cargo space
- Add Chopper’s Orbital to Phiince system
- Updated translations
- Added named planets from Charity stream
- Added new player group minor faction descriptions
- Player inbox will hold a message until it has been deleted, or 30 days old
- Added Bluford Orbital to LHS 3447
- Cannon Research space science outpost added to COL 285 SECTOR IX-T D3-
- Overhaul & clean-up of how module penetration behaves, to allow multiple hits and various styles of AOE damage. All missiles now use external damage spheres
- Clock added to cockpit’s info panel
- Added missing backer station
- Added option to reduce camera shake
- Xbox One: Purchased outfitting content added
- Xbox One: Private group support added
- Xbox One: Added GPP Decal for those players who purchased during the Game Preview Program.
- Xbox One: Customisable Controls
- Xbox One: Classified Camera added in Super Cruise
- Defensive code for preventing crash when starting binding pre-set is invalid
- Fix crash in monotonic timer
- Fix zero health error with Nav beacon
- Don’t throw an error when loading straight to insurance screen
- Fix an error that happens when loading into a session with someone with a shield bank on cool down
- Fix error when spawning POIs
- Fix a rare crash bug with terrain height map handling (will also benefit load times)
- Don’t crash if the cancel button is pressed multiple times in the bindings screen
- Prevent drone control module from possibly being able to shut down while holding game object handles to drones
- Don’t crash if there is an overflow for ship lighting rigs
- Fix for error with zero length vector on dust particle lighting#
- Prevent soft locks on start-up for terrain disabled systems
- Fix memory leak in Drone Component if a drone is never activated before being destroyed
- Fix some terraform able meta data mismatches
- Fix crash cancelling control binding
- Fix crash with prospector drone
- Fix Goliath crime component crash
- Added guards to help prevent a Capital Ship related crash
- Ensure that the variable for boost cost is initialised to something valid, in case planet gravity is not active
- Fix crash in drone control module
- Fix computational shape error
- Fix for crash when approaching some settlements
- Fix for AI fighter manager crash
- Fix a crash in system generation for “Sidgoe LX-S c17-0”
- Don’t try to generate systems for child stars, it can crash due the child star not having its own set of meta data
- Fix some of the errors about physics objects out of range when dropping out of supercruise
- Stop the conflict target generator from crashing in the event that a scenario is featuring a conflict with a minor faction we don’t know about
- Fix an error on destruction of a ship in CQC
- Make sure that any location objects are destroyed before removing the player
- Fix a crash when the Goliath skimmer shields reform
- Hammering the back button in the CQC menus should no longer throw an error
- Fix an issue where a Protoplanetary Disk was initiated twice
- Fix Radeon 7000s crash with terrain shadow generation
- Fix a server crash for an odd edge case of where a player is ready in a proving ground that doesn’t know about them
- Fix for crash when opening the edit loaded screen in CQC after unlocking new modules from ranking up
- Fix for soft-lock in module data gatherer when loading into the game.
- Fixed assert when recording a docked event for a ship that doesn’t have a cockpit yet
- Avoid possible assert failures when selecting your own private group
- Crash when attempting to enter Supercruise after scanning a Nav beacon
- Fix for crash found in wear and tear component
- Fixed frequent server crash
- Fix a crash when a proxy POI is killed before it gets to variables initialised
- Fix bad fog shape type
- Fix a crash if the Steam overlay is bound to a key that is named differently than in game
- Speculative fixes to a crash caused by cargo canisters in POIs not having an item set
- Speculative fix for non-Horizon’s players being match made into inappropriate islands
- Crash fix in for when a weapon with the MalfunctionHit special effect hits a module that can’t malfunction
- When a RingCell received a FOR shift, only transfer asteroids between physics worlds if they have already been added to a physics world
- When a POI is deactivated, make sure it kills all the levels it created
- Extra checks added a possible fix for a crash that occurs later in scaleform due to a null texture
- Safe-guard against the render system returning a null texture, if one couldn’t be allocated
- Fix audio crash for when in SRV when in SRV and not loading the network component
- Protect against working on a string that doesn’t exist or is empty
- Safe-guard against the render system returning a null texture, if one couldn’t be allocated
- Added a failure state that will abort a portrait request after a large period of time waiting for a texture to be provided, so the system won’t be stalled indefinitely
- Crash fix for when a projectile weapon turret on automatic hit an object that doesn’t know what hit it
- Crash fix when firing a projectile from a weapon equipped to a thing without a targeting system
- Fixed a crash caused by trying to lock on to a target that is dying
- Fixed server error when issuing mission rewards to player’s without sufficient storage space
- Fix crash when the location is shutting down and a drone exists without any asteroids
- Crash fix when trying to check ammo prices for restocking a vehicle but the bay is not in an expected state
- Increased rarity values for ice mining commodities so that ice mining
- Fix a server crash generating an unknown body
- Prevent a crash when (somehow) trying to preview a recipe on an incompatible module
- Fix crash if control input is spammed while applying an upgrade
- Fix the cargo spawning so that it replicates the data needed to spawn its cargo, if it gets authority transferred before spawning cargo
- Fix a crash from an ill-timed shutdown of UI during the supercruise transition
- Fix memory leak in ambient AI spawning
- Outfitting: fix for crash when viewing vehicle bay inventory
- Fix a crash from a missing texture while in VR
- Fix a crash in the animation system
- Fix softlock when disconnected from the server
- Fix softlock if trying to render a null texture page
- Fix a crash that can happen when exiting the game if a POI activates the same frame that the POISpawner is killed
- Fix error approaching a surface port
- Guard against a crash when skimmers are killed while a proxy is at a very specific stage of constructing them
- Fix a server crash with a Curl error
- Crashed ships didn’t have a schematic set up for when locking onto them to scan them, causing an assert - default schematic set
- Fix crash closing workshop UI after crafting a recipe
- Fix crash when initialising scaling parameters for a weapon that is in an invalid state
- Fix crash where kinematic data was invalid for mining resources
- Fix error when avatar data was expected, but not present
- Fix audio error when going from planet into CQC
- Don’t crash after building a bad string key due to a weird rank value
- In order to investigate softlock in hyperspace jump / supercruise transition, force a crash dump if it has not completed after 110 seconds
- Let the chat UI component look at destination locations if there is no current location. If there is still no location the mission branch message should do nothing rather than attempt to dereference it and crash
- Return plot route limits to 1000 light years to prevent crashing
- Force kill the game if there’s a double shader loaded on a non-doubles system - so we get better telemetry if the issue occurs in the wild
- Fix crash applying an upgrade in the Engineers’ UI
- Fix occasional shut down crash
- Fix for a hang when power distributors malfunction and in a bad state. Also clamp a few related values that could go out of range briefly
- Fix crash in Anomaly Detected scenario
- Outfitting: Catch for a crash with a missing inventory item
GENERAL TWEAKS & FIXES
- Fixed several region permits not working, allowing players to enter restricted regions of space. This could result in some players finding themselves trapped in restricted space, unable to jump out, which will have to be handed on a case-by-case basis
- Relocate Commanders affected by galactic region permits
- Missing collision audio when hitting SRV and Skimmer wreckage with an SRV
- Corvette shield not being in the correct place
- Some planet side POI’s spawning under ground
- General improvements to NPC visuals and their backgrounds
- Engineer invite missions not appearing
- Planet dust VFX now matches terrain colour
- Unable to use mouse input on OSX
- Fix a case of moon-ring intersection, this time it was due to a binary moon
- Fixed missing audio on Packhound missiles
- Added support for non-Latin characters in Air Traffic Controller call sign generation
- Fixed planet port voice announcements not waiting for their current message to stop playing before counting down the next message
- Fixed missing description for Maia system
- Add game client support for ‘tradelist’ Community Goals
- Fix for missing audio when scrolling in shipyards
- Updated Archon Delaine’s commodity production and consumption control system effect to use the same set of commodities as his price reduction control system effect
- No value up or down sounds for sliders in the graphics, controls and audio options fixed
- Spanish translations updated
- Fix issue with renaming a generated system changes the system composition
- More changes to address space bound players being match made with those on the surface
- Defaulted the main audio output device to XAudio2 as WASAPI seems to cause issues with audio driver exclusiveness (stops the game silencing other apps when it shouldn’t)
- Unhide control binding option for rotational correction
- Scanning sound gets stuck if you target something else mid-scan fixed
- Scanning Nav beacons will now also trigger the scanning sound
- Fix silent shield break/reform sfx and ship voice lines “Target shields Online/Offline” on none NPC ships
- Powerplay background icon smaller than expected fixed
- Fixed issue where UI focus could get lost when Navigating the power contact screen without a mouse
- Comms chat history no longer disappears
- Bound UI Back to right mouse button by default
- Adding retreat and investment in galaxy map state filters (and removing anarchy as it it is unused)
- Fixed slight discrepancy between mouse/gamepad input when using the steppers on the munitions screen
- Switch Contacts and Universal Cartographies so that webserver can enable/disable them on a per-station basis
- Galaxy Map: Fixing xml defining jump range in navigation panel
- Galaxy map remembers previous route calculation setting (low fuel / fastest) properly again. Boost mode is not written in the backup value though, so it will reset to economical
- Fixed Silent resources collected GUI
- Fix for Nav beacon Morse transmissions being audible in galaxy map
- Added Alliance listening post (Cooper Research Centre) to HIP 19072
- Made it so that you can’t interdict someone who is in orbital cruise
- Fix a performance issue when wing members are at extreme distances from each other
- Fix incorrect button label when selling exploration data
- Fix for being able to fly though a structure in CQC
- Rebalance of hyperspace lights to prevent strobing
- Provide a graphics option to adjust UI scale in VR with a maximum and default of 0.7 for Vive and 1.0 for Oculus
- Mouse cursor no longer disappears when using keyboard/gamepad input
- Fixed focusing issues related to the PopUp and various panels
- Added controller pre-set for Thrustmaster HOTAS 4
- The glow was too strong on the new control/graphics option screen, making text hard to read. Now matched to previous implementation
- Audio: Increase supercruise music fade out time to 4 seconds
- Correctly shutdown the list of FSD countdown voice events during ship swap by clearing the array, so we don’t attempt to send a bunch of destroyed events resulting in the FSD countdown missing at times
- Added support to overwrite the audio engine’s internal settings for samples per frame and refill buffers. That way players can increase frame rate / reduce the latency to match VR frame rates
- Fixed wonky scrolling behaviour when using gamepad/keyboard on the graphics and control options screens
- Gamma slider setting missing in graphics options fixed
- Everybody docked at Jaques Station has retreated to a safer distance
- Found a better home for some populations and factions from star systems that didn’t have anywhere for them to live
- Ensure portraits are around for any GUI that may live between locations (like the Cockpit GUI)
- Add a workaround for avatar portraits being affected by the GUI colour when it has been changed by the player - it won’t work for all values, but should catch most of them
- Renamed some duplicate star systems
- Latest batch of translations added
- Various text fixes
- Prevented CMDR name from offsetting when in Russian
- Scaled the cargo-canister rack schematic to the correct size
- Adjusted the footer positions in the cockpit panels, they were off by a few pixels
- Added simple OS message box report for when a save operation fails
- Synthesis quality options do not cycle around fixed
- Added an unpowered state for weapons in Cockpit UI
- Adjusted text field widths ever so slightly in cargo menu
- Misleading wanted status and bounty message on vacant player ships
- Nominate screen sticks on screen if exited by pressing B
- Selling cartographics data does not allow you to select close on the menu when you have a first discovery bonus fixed
- Fix some wrongly sorted UI render layers
- System addresses hovered by pad/keyboard & mouse are now linked so that mouse movement won’t hide the info popup after having used pad/keyboard to select a system
- Discrepancy between material name shown on contact list and when targeting/recovering the mineral fixed
- System map : making sure the system map address is reset when pressing back button to avoid displaying the map for another system when using the shortcut or the cockpit button
- In the insurance screen, only show the free ship option as an alternative to re-joining current ship when the player has fines to pay in their current ship’s jurisdiction
- Ammo store shouldn’t show drones as purchasable if there is no stock
- Fix for missing currency formatting on data link voucher rewards
- Fix calculating the distance to a sensor contact
- When we’re at max rank, the stats should consider rank progress to be 0%
- Use “Total ship cost” not “Total cost” in the insurance screen to make it less misleading; the actual total cost would include paying off fines
- New layout for options screen
- Tone down the intensity of the white target GUI elements so that they do not over-bloom
- Add distances to wakes targeted by the player
- Fixed ‘Back’ input not working on the cockpit chat panel
- Fixed the ship schematic in the functions tab from ‘drifting’
- “Launch” training messages saying “Not Bound” instead of the bound key
- Increased the minimum size for moons on the scanner in order to not collapse tiny moons into just one pixel
- Display the data micro resource inventory in the inventory panel
- Change the default number of items per page in Exploration selling from 20 to 50 following from server-side optimisations that make this plausible
- Systems that require a permit no longer highlighted in red on the Navigation panel
- Synced the wait time displayed on the quit game dialog with the underlying danger timer
- Fix some Commander stats not updating correctly for certain mission types or when destroying skimmers
- Fix displaying First Discovery names too many times when Commanders in a Wing claimed first discovery
- Fixed assault bounties not being applied when “Report Crimes Against Me” is off and turned on mid fight
- Issue was that pirate hunter hostile could spawn in a polity different from where the player drops out; if that polity is lawless no bounty would be given to the pirate - now fixed
- Galaxy map now remembers the previous Cargo Mass slider setting, unless enough real cargo is added to the ship to exceed the slider setting
- Fix system map not remembering which tab you were on
- Planetary map: fixing coordinates used for surface settlements positioning and player ship position
- Galaxy Map: It is not that obvious what is selected when using the controller on the galaxy map fixed
- Galaxy Map: Pledge icon now lines up following the power’s name fixed
- System Map: System map “Locale” scroll moves very slowly with mouse wheel fixed
- Fix performance spike in galaxy and system map pop ups
- Potential fix for the ring appearing sometimes in the system map
- Fixed the visibility routine for bodies in system map doesn’t allow unexplored bodies to be show when going back from planetary map
- Safety fixes for input bindings: ConfigOptions returns the default option if its asked for the current options when it has an invalid index
- System map is now properly initialised when a route is a plotted in the targeted system
- Don’t re-plot the current route just because the Galaxy Map is opened. Fixes the route being forgotten sometimes if viewing the galaxy map during FSD charge, and helps to avoid forgetting the in-system target at the end of the route
- The default light for black hole systems in the system map was not giving the desired result - A cold, dim blueish light is now substituted as the default
- Improved system map load time
- Fix the issue with the latitude being calculated negative. i.e. the North Pole was at latitude -90 when it should have been at +90
- Galaxy map: showing controlling faction state in the galaxy map popup, making sure “none” is displayed when primary minor faction is no particular state
- When searching for a system name, trim whitespace off the end of the search as some people use methods which automatically place whitespace on the end which is preventing the search from working
- Added clear route button for any waypoint of an active route
- Fixed route plotting issues when a system is actually unreachable : the route plot will fail, but the button will become available again, displaying a sub title : “route plotting failed”
- Galaxy Map population sliders don’t update their position dynamically when using a control pad
- Fixed galaxy map camera initialisation and use default system position to avoid the camera to focus on last searched system
- Fixed scrollable areas on the galaxy map from jumping around seemingly at random when rolling over interactive elements with the mouse
- Reset bookmark route icon when clearing a Nav route
- Galaxy map, Nav panel: web route lines can be switched off again
- System map navigation: fixing route destination icon behaviour when plotting a route to a surface settlement
- System map: fix the target arrow behaviour (displaying it only when an object is an actual target, or when reaching the route destination system)
- Fixed planetary view audio issues
- Fixed system map ambience/music base layer missing issues
- Fixed galaxy map being not centred on last system checked with system map
- Fixed bookmark dropdown menu by removing target action button upon reopening system map of current system
- Facilities of stations missing in System Map fixed
- Fixing galaxy map cargo slider range to make it match previous behaviour (increment by 1T of cargo possible again)
- Added markers for bookmarks (these will only apply to newly created bookmarks)
- Bookmarks are now alphabetically sorted
- Added icons to show nested bookmarks (when the bookmark is for an object lower in the location hierarchy) in the galaxy map and system map
- Fixed a refresh issue on the surface popup info
- Changed the render order for icons and planetary icons to improve visibility
- Players are no longer awarded bounty vouchers for destroying their own ship while in a vehicle
- Remove a now obsolete angular velocity clamp that only applies in FAOff
- The classified camera no longer resets the player’s throttle
- Shield cell banks now fire one at a time when triggered using the shield cell bank hotkey (similar to heatsinks)
- The Automated Field Maintenance Unit can no longer be repaired unless there are more than one active repair units
- Fixed error from firing heatsinks in super cruise
- Scanner zoom level is now preserved when entering and leaving FSD
- Silent running is now disabled when the docking computer is activated
- Player’s ship shields should recharge while player is in SRV
- Disabled the Speeding UI warning while docked
- Fixed the photo camera not turning when cockpit headlook is toggled on
- Fix for the landing silhouette on the terrain schematics flipping to an X axis rotation when there’s no altitude raycast result available
- Made the compass on the GUI align correctly with the Nav marker at Nav Beacons and other locations
- Player ship no longer inappropriately accelerates automatically to max speed under certain conditions
- Hardpoints can no longer be deployed while in supercruise. This doesn’t affect the usage of scanners and interdictors etc
- The photo camera is now disabled if the player’s ship is being interdicted
- Photo camera popup can now be closed using the key bound to UI Select
- Proximity alarm is no longer triggered by projectiles launched by their owning ship
- Ships can land on top of each other when recalled in close proximity on a planet fixed
- Fix problem with evaluating landing area where ships would time out trying to land because their landing gear took more than 10 seconds to deploy
- Holding the vertical thrust input while launching from a landing pad will now work properly (you no longer have to release the input and re-apply it)
- Fixed incorrect super cruise flight model parameters for Federal Gunship
- Zero thrust on start of evaluating landing area as a previous fly to target might result in a spinning ship during this stage of approach
- Make sure that ships called in to land can take off if they landed
- Fixed thruster VFX playing while ships are landed
- It is no longer possible for a docked ship to commit a ramming crime
- Rebalanced heat efficiency of the Fer de Lance to offset the increased power plant change
- Landing gear doors are now initialised open if you load in to the game docked
- Cutter occasionally bounces off the surface when recalled fixed
- Update the logic for collision damage between ships and canisters so that larger ships don’t insta-kill canisters on contact
- Review damage forwarded to the cockpit from hull - previously going in infrequent large lumps (and too fast overall) now occurs is more frequent but much much smaller amounts
- Ships can no longer enter super cruise if their thrusters are disabled
- Remove a stray transform set meaning if you hit a planet at much more than 0.1C you had a tendency to drop out in it
- Tweak the limits on headlook angles to make what you can see appear more natural (you can no longer see where your neck ought to be, for instance)
- Ensure cargo is transferred when re-buying a ship from an orphaned SRV
- Be a little bit more forgiving for surface landings that don’t meet a decent standard
- Fix minimum refuel calculation when using multiple fuel tanks
- Adjusted Imperial Cutter UI elements
- Fixed missing texture in Federal Gunship cockpit
- Micro resources will now trigger the cargo scoop acquired audio
- Make sure that only valid paintjobs can be applied to a ship
- Fix missing LOD geometry on Sidewinder
- Type 9 Squadron LOD paint job issue fixed
- Decals displaying wrong colour scheme when on a Tactical Paint Job fixed
- Decal fixing on Anaconda pirate paintjobs
- Decal colours rectified on Squadron paintjobs
- Decal colours balanced on Asp & Asp Scout Stripe paintjobs
- Decal pass to balance colours for 3 colour setup on various paintjob schemes
- Added new low poly external Imperial chair model and diffuse texture
- Swapped internal and external chair models from DeLacy to Imperial versions on all relevant ships
- Fixed chair blue emissive hue to match cockpits
- Loud element in sidewinder landing gear fixed
- Fixed odd sound effect when placing a bobblehead character, not letters, numbers, or symbols
- Make sure we clear any “Under Attack” notifications sent to the ship voice system, so they don’t trigger after combat has ended
- Friendly fire from wing mates no longer triggers “Under Attack” voice line
- Make sure shield break sounds always trigger the aggressive version when requested to be on, and the lighter version when turned off manually
- Module malfunction buffs now both trigger the “Malfunction Attack” ship voice event so it’s not confused with the “Module Malfunction” ship voice event
- Engine reboot buff now only triggers either “Thrusters Offline” or “Warning, Engine Reboot” voice events, not both
- Make sure that if a traffic controller is speaking when the player begins their frameshift that we halt anymore notifications and clear the queue, to stop the ship voice from talking over itself
- Display three colour decals correctly (not as two colours)
- Paintjobs assigned correct colours for Crimson Eagle
- Various art fixes for Imperial Eagle
- Fixed minor LOD issue on the Anaconda
- Fixed landing gear audio issues
- Fix for voice lines overlapping
- Fix for bobblehead sound issues
- Fix for ships sometimes being silent
- Rebalanced cockpit lighting after materials were recently upgraded
- Huge optimisations of cockpit lighting in some ships. Lots of fps claimed back without impacting visuals whatsoever
- Warning lighting improved
- Fixed the freefall shepherd tone sound
- Fixed broken paintjobs on the Imperial Cutter
- Art fixes for Federal Gunship
- Asp Green Apollo paintjob fixed
- Fixed rotated headlight bones and incorrect chair on the clipper
- Fix broken asp and asp scout warning lights
- Main lights on Viper not orientated correctly - Fixed
- Federal Assault Ship shadow is projected incorrectly
- Added in re-trigger flags so the ship lights audio event can be re-triggered
- Fixes for boarding clipper in SRV
- Fixes for FDL hitcheck and shield issues
- Fix bad bay numbers in “parking permission granted” messages
- Attacking something that you own is legal and won’t make it hate you
- Added Shield Cell Banks onto the targetable modules list. Should now appear on the subtargets list if a ship has them installed and be targetable
- Authority issue between two players at POI’s fixed
- Stop NPC ships from dropping out immediately upon spawning in supercruise
- Fix some NPC docking queue issues
- Stop docked player ships that are near the docking shared path from blocking AI docking/launching
- Scanning NPCs shouldn’t boost if they don’t have time to slow down
- Fixed parked AI ships deploying their hardpoints while docked
- Police will destroy any loose illegal cargo after an interdiction, to stop the player from ejecting it and then re-collecting after interdiction
- Fix a few issues to do with chasers respawning when they shouldn’t
- When respawning persistent AI hunters, check to see if we’re in an unpopulated system beyond a set distance (500LY) from the nearest capital, and if we are, only spawn the chasers 50% of the time; this will get rerun each time we change between normal space and supercruise so the odds of the hunters persisting will diminish
- Updating certain player events so they don’t appear in Anarchy systems, anything with authority, military or search & rescue ships in
- Fix NPC ships failing to launch from settlements
- Smooth out AI difficulty curve
- Improve AI for higher ranked NPCs
- Improve reliability for docking computer with the Cutter
- Don’t allow vacant ships to commit crimes
- Make lower level NPCs a bit easier to chase
- Try to prevent NPCs stopping in space for no reason
- Improve docking computer behaviour near planet surfaces
- Optimise obstruction avoidance
- NPC spawned with no shields and broken AI fixed
- Slow down to engage Docking Computer message remains after cancelling docking request fixed
- NPC AI continues to fire hatch breaker even when player has no cargo and hatch is powered down fixed
- Improved use of missiles and torpedoes by NPCs
- Stop NPCs rolling on the spot
- Improve AI targeting of cargo canisters
- Docking computer forces you to collide with station on entry fixed
- Don’t try and spawn ships with “Military Planet Dock”, military ships don’t dock. Also turn on powerplay ships at stations
- Powerplay ships can now be encountered in normal space
- Make sure that the police patrolling the station will be of the same faction as the station
- Fix ship vs environment collisions so that AI-controlled ships take damage again
- AI shouldn’t be trying to manually fire weapons that are on auto fire - it causes them to fire in really odd directions
- Fix issues with inconsistent spawning. In particular, the issue with not all the cargo drops always spawning
- Only spawn pirates, power pirates and power assassins at anarchy stations
- Use local polity, not star polity, when determining ship composition at ports
- Added in more power specific chatter for Power Pirates. These guys are essentially privateers, paid to rob people, so placed the emphasis more on it being a job
- Increased variety for NPC paths approaching surface ports and outposts
- Dropping the min cargo and bounty values for a hunter to appear in
- Bumped up the percentage chance of the chasers appearing based on security
- Added the Viper MkIV to the police archetype
- Increase variety for ship departure behaviour on surface ports
- Remove scan behaviours from pirates and bounty hunters when around ports/outposts/settlements, i.e. when docking, doing a lift off, or travelling across the surface before jumping
- Killing an NPCs powerplant does not cause them to fall to the surface
- Minimum threat value for ambient supercruise police ships based on system security level
- Fix trespass zone orientation causing incorrect rendering on the scanner
- Fix duplicate spawning of chasing ships after interdiction
- Make state based trader NPCs have the same faction on multiple visits
- Slightly altered the Police Viper score values so that Viper’s appear when an investigation is called, rather than an eagle
- Stop AI (often police) from scanning ships (particularly players) when docked at a station/outpost
- Fixes to AI scanning players with silent running enabled
- change hive mind reinforcement timer to be banded based on security level
- “In trouble” flee behaviour update – make decisions based on target
- AI should use Fragmentation Cannons at effective range, rather than at maximum range
- NPC’s Drives do not malfunction when damaged
- Improved how NPC wing members operate with each other
- Check if a player has permission to access Horizons content before adding settlements to the list of targetable locations
- NPCs now have an automatic loadout system based on the archetype, ranks, ships and other factors
- Ships at range struggle with weapon minimum distances, don’t fire enough/at all fixed
- If we’ve blocked NPCs from spawning due to multiple hunter hostile restrictions, check regularly to see if these restrictions no longer apply and then spawn
- Fix for Pirates being stuck in IdleFlight/PirateThreaten at RESs
- Added missing transitions between Pirate Hunter Hostile Mission Cargo Attack and Idle
- Adjusted the shield-down flee behaviour to be less frustrating
- Don’t put CG commodities in NPC cargo holds
- Stop hitmen being sent after the player for no reason
- Ignore drones when pirates work out the value of cargo a player has; if players only have drones, pirates will let them go on their way
- Rebalance the tutorials to be reasonable with the new AI
- Fixed issues with recalled ships boosting when trying to land
- Tweaked AI pip management
- Fixed AI orientation issue over planets (ships nose-diving into the ground)
- Fixed AI terrain avoidance over planets (was getting very confused over higher G worlds)
- Stop ship rising to 1km when activating DC over a landing pad
- Stopped AI ships from reversing when in front of target
- Fixed AI head-on attack velocity so it scales properly
- Adjusted AI passing distance when performing a fast fly-by to reduce the possibility of ramming
- Mission giver faction now has its type set properly
- Rank missions should no longer instantly fail for no apparent reason
- Elite Piracy and Founder Smuggling missions should no longer instantly fail for no apparent reason
- Added new ‘Wanted’ Smuggler Maint to prevent Hostage Rescue missions resulting in a criminal act
- Multi-cargo contract elements now have messages. and cargo types can be checked
- Balance ranks missions are generated for
- Salvage Legal missions should’ve been using mission specific cargo
- When a mission attempts to send an inbox message, if the player currently has that inbox message, we will not push a new message onto the inbox
- Reduce mission limit to 20
- Improve checks for player’s cargo for mission advance
- Fix for mission specific cargo not being dropped
- Add ‘Mission detected’ text to mission based USSs
- Change the Reputation Difficulty Scalar to be relative to player’s reputation with a given faction
- Fix an issue where the USS wasn’t actually being marked as belonging to a mission
- If a USS for a specific mission already exists, don’t spawn another
- Ensuring rescue mission cargo is not marked as stolen when liberated
- Reduced time before targets spawn in Piracy and Rescue mission. Targets will now appear between 10 and 30 minutes from mission generation
- Don’t send people to settlements which don’t have ports in missions
- Don’t send people to the same market they are requesting a mission from
- Authority mission wrinkles shouldn’t occur in anarchies
- Don’t add major faction rep to minor faction rep when working out player rep
- Mission targets in settlements now don’t have a range limit for displaying as contacts, also when targeted they will show as a mission target
- If there are no missions, give text which tells players what other things they could do to help
- Allow NPC ships to dump mission specific cargo
- Allow inbox messages to obfuscate the sender for black ops
- Add an introductory mission for new starters
- Refresh the inbox when completing a mission, so mission tipoffs are immediately visible
- If a mission requires you to go to a body, then display the mission marker for that body in the system map
- Mission board factions now ordered such that factions with mission hand-ins are at the top
- Fix missing timeout element on BLOPs missions
- When spawning a mission USS with a cargo override, only override the amount of cargo needed for the mission instead of all the cargo
- Added some more links in the deserter.chatter so that it will say a few more things when it is interdicted
- Make the planetary race wrinkles work in the same way as the space equivalents
- Fixed an issue where the timeout was set to a different timer compared to what the transaction panels were saying
- Fix some confusing naming on planetary disable missions
- Planetary Rescue Dynamic Scan missions should now be more explicit in its telling the player to go scan the Nav beacon after receiving the mission
- Fixed discovery scanner use not updating the assassination missions correctly
- Fixed where the penalties link to in the assassination legal templates - reputations should now decrease properly
- Make sure that timeouts function for the in space assassination mission variants
- Mission no longer uses Tiny Settlement for initial POI
- Planetary Scan missions now send an inbox message after scanning NavBeacon
- Fix altruisms to use demanded cargo, not supplied
- Fixed truncated text on community goals page
- Pirate Lord should use the auto bounty system, not a fixed value across all ranks
- Fix sending the incorrect inbox message after scanning a mission tipoff location
- Updated the Faction (Inf, Rep, State) Rewards and Penalties for completing/failing missions
- After getting the Nav Beacon wrinkle during an Assassination mission and meeting the contact, the contact gave me a Target Body of “Currently Unknown. Scan Required” fixed
- Some optimisations for mission generation
- There is now always at least 2 targets in a massacreskimmer mission
- Fix lack of failed mission icon
- Removed placeholder text from Altruism missions
- Modified text in ‘target killed’ inbox messages on assassinations so they refer to the target rather than the target’s faction
- Collect mission details do not update in Transaction Tab after getting New Destination Wrinkle fixed
- Make military rank progress a bit easier
- Changed the point reputation is removed when the mission is failed - there is now an instant progress that links to the rep change, and to the Failure panel state
- Fix double mission icon in massacre skimmer
- For piracy flag targets, if the target is not a mission target, check if it has a leader and whether that leader is a mission target
- Removed some spurious debug output that was causing a slight stall when opening the mission details popup
- Trimmed the mission complete animation - now much snappier
- Fix an issue where scan able shipwrecks would ignore the fact that they were in a settlement. This meant they didn’t link correctly to the tip off for their location
- Add a faction government test so the pesky democracies don’t make my greedy corporation shout “For Democracy!”
- Fix the method that determines whether we can see planetary missions
- Added in a massacre rank scalar - targets are now scaled by the rank and the rep, to match other massacre templates. You now get 12-24 targets to kill on elite
- Made it so that a ship spawned for a mission USS will have the correct amount of mission cargo and the cargo will not be marked as stolen if the mission says it should be abandoned
- Added some missing text
- We now test against (Mission Giver’s) Faction Government as opposed to the (controlling Faction’s) Market Government for text and associated variables
- Reward balance pass for missions
- Assassination religious leader (elite) does not have its name overridden in the USS fixed
- Balanced the rewards for elite/allied missions
- Bodyguard USS was setting a different variable for its location, compared to the variable that the inbox was reading. Changed the variables that are set so that it matches
- Massacre Skimmer Panel showing incorrect distance to settlement fixed
- Allow missions to use scaled descriptions on the bulletin board
- Changed the mission timeout to vary from between 1 and 2 days for altruism normal, collect, massacre and smuggle missions
- Changed the base scalar for the mission end time on salvage and planetary missions to be between half a day and a day (at elite, this will be significantly increased)
- fixed the timeout on planetary missions that was using a different timeout value on the transaction panels
- Removed the timeout value from the collect rewards panels on missions that have them. This affects assassination missions - alternate route. Massacre missions - both collect reward panels and planetary disable, hack and scan missions
- Restored reputation check on Hitmen missions
- Reputation scalars now used correctly for gating
- Delivery Scoop mission initial (mission offer) Inbox messages now contain contract elements
- Don’t attempt to give cargo on accept for a space mission
- Variable reordering so variables are created before being referenced
- Scoop Missions no longer require the player to scoop ALL of the required cargo before being offered the mission
- Fix rank up notification inbox messages that don’t contain an animation
- Changed the transaction panels on assassination illegal alt route for missed target states so they resemble the mission route they are currently on
- Added in the body address to the post Nav beacon panels for the kill and don’t die wrinkles so they now show the target body
- Stop repeated inbox messages for the same state change in a mission
- Add telemetry to server for reporting mission request timings
- Add the super power perks text to the mission handin screen
- Added in a player killed target control in the missed target states that it was missing from
- Updated mission tip off descriptions
- Fix incorrect event name on a comms array in large scientific 002 so that associated missions will progress properly
- Skimmers should now always be marked as mission target if appropriate
- Ensure that mission cargo is marked correctly for that mission
- If the cargo unit we are ejecting is for a mission and we’re an NPC, don’t abandon the mission
- Make alternate branches in massacre missions a choice
- Make sure that massacre conflict missions have a hand in target
- Don’t Die wrinkle now has a change of actually being triggered in Massacre Skimmer missions
- Added Missing String substitutions to planetary Hitman missions
- Massacre skimmer missions should give you negative reputation with the mission giver
- Alternate wrinkles for massacre missions will now correctly update the rep/state/influence of the factions when required
- Alternate wrinkles for massacre missions now correctly spawn the targets in the alternate system, and will send you to the correct places for the reward
- Added permit mission text
- Distress call scenario fixes
- Prevent training level asteroids from jumping about when the game is unpaused
- Increased ship variation for terrorist leader
- Terrorist archetype now prioritises military targets
- Update spawning ambient AI in normal space, and add powerplay ships when at stations, nav beacons and RES locations
- Increased ship variety for political assassination targets
- Make more explicit use of security levels for generating police in supercruise
- Fix for dropping out at a USS not spawning the USS objects
- Added with bodyguard variants of trader and smuggler scenarios for missions
- Added more player events to scenarios
- Change how USSs are spawned so it is no longer simply time based, location is a factor
- Add a sine wave signal to POI turrets
- Add a clamp to prevent wars in systems with few planets creating no conflict zones
- Fixes to loadouts and behaviours in the rescue scenarios
- Fixed credit reward for routing a cap ship in war zones to 150000
- Show “shipping lane” instead of “deep space” when in supercruise in a shipping lane
- Prevent collectibles on surface falling through the floor for non-authority clients
- Fixed an issue where materials would sometimes spawn inside a rock and be untargetable
- Settlement generator health cannot longer go into negative values
- Fix broken skimmer disable points on two settlements
- Unable to scan data points after other player completes settlement fixed
- Fix an issue causing POIs to spawn on steep parts of terrain when they shouldn’t be
- Reduce fall off point for deep space POIs so human debris doesn’t get found so far out
- Settlement sentry skimmers should avoid crashing into player ships
- Fix for canisters in POIs not replicating
- Don’t try to render POIs when the sensors are off
- Make all Skimmers and POI objects detectable by ground sensors only by default, we don’t want ships picking them off from the skies without having to work for it. Note that anything firing at the player will still show up and be target-able back - note that POIs can still be discovered from ships
- Collisions with skimmers are now also extremely disruptive to ships, hitting one will cause a temporarily loss of drives and shields - don’t do it
- Extend time ships can fly over settlements before they get fines and bounties
- Cargo in a POI now has the correct legality flag set and is also marked as mission cargo if needed
- Settlement point defence capability upgraded
- Lower range at which buggy can target things
- Tweak skimmer armour resistances for boss
- Refresh vouchers when claiming a scan, so we can immediately see the voucher that was generated
- Don’t allow skimmers to respond to accidental hits from their allied turrets
- Added a beacon light to certain data links so that players are attracted to them
- Skimmer disablers added
- Added point defence systems for settlements and bases
- If you leave a trespass zone while hostile, show a different message than leaving it while not hostile
- Rebalance on data point drops: quality and quantity
- Balance pass on low level scenarios that can be found as USS in shipping lanes. More Threat 1 opportunities for low ranking combat ships
- Fixing under staffed skimmer zone
- Added signal descriptors to ship wrecks
- Don’t spawn materials when it should be seeds
- Load the correct physics soundbanks on datalinks/points
- Added in a greater variety of commodities to the POIs so the players see something other than tea
- Fix where the POI search can get stuck between the terrain bounding boxes and unable to progress beyond the initial placement
- Remove factions from systems that cannot generate scenarios - ie: systems without any bodies in them.
- Added ship voice notification when a mission specific USS has spawned
- Fixed Mining fragments being too quiet
- Fixed missing textures on wrecked Diamondback and Eagle ships
- Difficulty for one of the USS distress call scenarios does not reflect the actual difficulty fixed
- Increased audio memory pool to allow two capital ships to have audio
- Added a fence to the mining laser probes
- Fix various fixed event scenarios, ships now move and have chatter
- Added in audio feedback for when a Nav beacon scan returns stellar data
- Set the number of microresources chosen for planets to the correct number
- Ensure planetary material distribution is the same as in 2.0
- Decals added to Large Wreckage