Exploring the solar system and more (Space Engine screens/AARs)

WOW me loved this introduction! Beltalowda friend! :grinning::grinning::grinning:

1 Like

A really nice showing of Space Engine by Obsidian Ant.

2 Likes

Been exploring a bit in galaxies far, far away.

3 Likes

6 Likes

Those are some incredible shots

2 Likes

I have been looking for a VR planetarium for my 8 year old daughter, who loves SpaceX and ISS videos. Sold.

1 Like

I’ve always thought this program would be great for elementary through high school science classes. She will love this program and so will you. It is a very captivating and educational piece of software.

1 Like

There are also both the ISS and the Hubble Space Telescope as mods in the Steam Workshop.

And the simulator is glorious in VR.

2 Likes

I can only imagine since I don’t have VR headset. I am already floored by how beautiful it is on a 4k screen. Was wondering if you had tried the spaceship modes? I’m curious as to what that is like.

A bit clunky.
At the moment I don’t see a good reason to use them.

1 Like

Here are some shots of a few Workshop objects that are available for free:

Juno probe, in orbit around Jupiter

New Horizons. Has to be placed manually, as its flight path is very hard to set in Space Engine the author says.

The ISS:

The Hubble Space Telescope:

Mars Insight Lander:

Cassini Huygens:

Spirit:

Opportunity:

Curiosity:

And some dude in a Tesla…

5 Likes

2 Likes

This could have been the perfect murder and nobody could ever find out…

3 Likes

“Suure you get to watch the launch, Bezos! Just come to the launch site on the big day, we’ll give you the best seat!”

1 Like

The Parker Solar Probe is now available as a mod (Steam Workshop).

3 Likes

5 Likes

Great pics!

1 Like

5 Likes

More exploring tonight. Some beautiful scenes from my super-fast spaceship. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

With my super-fast spaceship I went far, far and away looking for planets which might have some form of life. Found a couple after much searching and seeing some unbelievably beautiful landscapes in space. I decided to land and explore those life giving planets.

7 Likes