Fess Up

Yeah…the guy that told me implied that there was a less than nominal outcome, but didn’t go into details. :grimacing:

3 Likes

My cat has done all of those ^^^ things. :cat:

3 Likes

So many times. Or almost as bad, artfully outmaneuver the bogey, go offensive, gain angles, saddle up like a boss… then flub the shot and overshoot with a 150knots. Feel like such a sucker. Every. Single. Ducking. Time.

3 Likes

In the Mirage2000 the weapon selected shown in the HUD blinks when MA is off…so one would think that wold be sufficient…evidently not for me.

3 Likes

The other day in Mi-8 I took a hit in the left engine and it caught fire…I promptly shut down the right engine and smartly used the fire extinguisher into it.

I then proceeded to unsuccessfully autorotate with both engines dead and the left engine still burning happily with ample fuel flow into the furnace.

7 Likes

There was that B737 accident at the Midlands airport ways back…IIRC they turned off the wrong engine.

2 Likes

I once got to the jet early (this was early in my career), did the walk around and was intercepted by the fueler who wanted the final figure. I told him 38,700. He looked at me a little funny but smiled and went back to where he was hooked up under the wing. I returned to the flight deck and casually set everything up while waiting for the rest of the crew who, now that I thought about, it were strangely late. Late happens. But never collectively. I went back to the gate to see if the agent knew something I didn’t. And it was there I realized that I was at the wrong gate. The plane I had boarded and fueled was not going to Aruba, it was going to Cleveland…from Chicago. Young and stupid sure beats old and stupid.

Nice memory. Back to sim screwups. Of which I have far too many to mention.

10 Likes

The good news is…on final into Cleveland you probably would’ve been thinking…“this doesn’t look like Aruba”… :wink:

4 Likes

Or a lot of people would get a surprise when deboarding in Aruba!

3 Likes

…or on the final to Milwaukee…

4 Likes

Now there is a man with my sense of humor. :rofl:

Wheels

2 Likes

Wait, that’s not how he gets his turn at starting from advantage in best 2/3 dogfight?

Been a while…

With my new GPU I decided it was time to get sporty with the weather; OVC -R, with a TOT <30 seconds from the previous flight; pickle; boom; pull up to rendezvous with them at the egress point…

Long story short: Never, ever, do a close RADAR trail with the AI leading, near [steeply] rising terrain. They are crazy (I even had a little spatial-D there [in VR]). And I think I did utter those last famous words, the important one starts with an eff.

My haptic thingy kicked me good in the arse too. Wonder how many G’s I pulled…

3 Likes
1 Like

How about inadvertently cutting off the fuel while on final into Batumi in the L-39 ? Too low to eject - stretched the glide - fireball ! Needless to say , i moved to another Hotas switch that is not so convenient for “idle/cutoff” for further flights :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yes, one of those, “Whuuuu?” moments. :slight_smile:

Mine was a “What the?..CRUNCH!” ones.

1 Like