GIF Search

Thats Nice Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

2 Likes

Bill Gates Oops GIF by CBS News

5 Likes

You Think Reaction GIF by BET Plus

2 Likes

You are my alarm clock…actually more of a countdown timer. Haha…

1 Like

2 Likes

Hope he has lambskin seat covers. That Australian sun can turn black leather seats in a car doomsday vehicle into a frying pan…

2 Likes

Yeah I bet he’s all metal in front of his friends the the inside of his cab smells like fresh flowers

2 Likes

shocked in awe GIF by bartek ujma

1 Like

I needed to restart the app / reopen the tab on my phone, otherwise it caches the theme.

I think the world needs less gifs, so hopefully the fact this delivers tiny webp videos will at least stop the 4MB monsters in our infinite scrolling topics. It’s really a trick that’s going to backfire :slight_smile:

rebound bounce back GIF by Job, Joris & Marieke

2 Likes

miami vice deal with it GIF

1 Like

Fail World Cup GIF by FIFA

I’ve gone ahead and deactivated all animations in slack, because it kept using a full CPU and couple gigabytes of RAM on my company laptop. Frickin electron apps, they are like the plague.

2 Likes

B…bb…but how will ever know if that cute kitten made the jump up onto the bed? Awwww…he’s soooooo cute…!!!

Here We Go Again GIF by memecandy

2 Likes

Drama Reaction GIF by moodman

2 Likes

Great addition!

Summary

.gif

Wheels

2 Likes

Something I noticed about hotlinked webp images is that the forum is not automagically saving local images of them and editing the post to utilize them. I always liked that feature with the other image styles since I knew that if the website hosting the hotlinked image deleted it or shut down the image would still be available here. The Photobucket, Imageshack, and tinypic image hosting debacles and the amount of content lost and forums wrecked by their decisions also comes to mind…

Test to confirm that the webp format will be saved locally.
(Nope, webp is not an authorized image style.)
wepb_error_mesage

Wheels

webp is just the container for a video, and we don’t locally copy videos for storage space reasons (if YouTube disappears one day then we’ll have lots of contextless topics).

When giphy goes bust (more likely than YouTube) then we’ll just have to struggle on with less memes :wink:

1 Like

Text Street GIF

3 Likes

Scared Breaking Bad GIF by davidsaracino

2 Likes