Grumpy Old Sod

Have you actually asked him for the money? He might just cough up?

Truth to be said Iā€™m quite positive (oh gods I shouldnā€™t have said that!) heā€™ll comply. As you said he has no ground to stand on as we have all the paper with the rent termination signed and all.

It always pays to be on the right side of paperworkā€¦

Well, just had yet another empty skip delivered next door, so I guess itā€™ll be another non-stop noise week from tomorrow.

The first driver who delivered the first ( of 3 or 4 - not sure now) skips, said the drive that we share isnā€™t up to carrying the weight of a full skip and the heavier truck required to lift it. Neighbours donā€™t give a hoot, though. They know we canā€™t afford to sue them and they are very selfish types, so.

The driver also went straight off the side of the drive - itā€™s nearly a foot of drop - onto the edge of our flower bed, missing a newly place plant by less than an inch - leaving a lovely big tyre print across the patch and over our front lawn - just kept on driving away without so much as an ā€œoops!ā€.

God, I hate this place.

I know where you are coming from regarding selfish idiots

van parked on the pavement outside my houseā€¦ So close you had to go over the side bushes to get out

Ah - we have that quite often, too. Last time ended up with my hands round the driverā€™s throat (he came at me - I was just defending myself). That was after Mrs Brix had given him a piece of her mind.
He should count himself lucky - when itā€™s the local teenagers upsetting her, she goes out armed with rolling pin!

The noise hasnā€™t been that bad thus far, just throwing stuff into the skip - but tomorrow will likely be worse, as he offloaded a cement mixer this evening. Where there is left to put any in his back garden is a mystery.

1 Like

with 3-4 skips arriving ā€¦ what the hell are they building (or demolishing ) sounds like the garden equivalent of the great wall of china :grin:

Not all at once! Loadsa banging today, but I just put on my Rift, jumped in my Asp and left the real world behind.

Guys, I posted this before I started actively participating in the forum, just in case I got a bit carried away. Itā€™s difficult to switch ā€˜modesā€™ from when youā€™re constantly on the lookout for where the next swipe or aural bombardment is coming from and then being relaxed at a PC.

Some of my posts may have been a bit snappy at perceived ill intent of otherā€™s comments - thatā€™s definitely been the case on the ED forum - so Iā€™m taking a break from forums and online play for a few months.

Hopefully feel a bit better when summer comes around and I can get out of this virtual prison and hopefully do some biking and so-on (and lose a bit of weight!) and feel under a bit less pressure.

Seeya later - have a happy 2.5

5 Likes

Good luck with the future mate ā€¦ Hope to see you back when you are ready

Hey bud, you know where to find us! :slight_smile: