Guilty viewing

If water gets in the air-intake … And ends up somewhere that a non compressible liquid shouldn’t be (for example cylinders) it will cause a world of problems and probably hydrolock the engine… :frowning:

3 Likes

My old boss hydraulic locked a lorry when he loaded a machine on the trailer that lifted the 2 back axles of the truck off the ground and sent him skidding into a river

3 Likes

Yep hydrolocking is no joke… bent valves, snapped con rods or cam shafts

2 Likes

Oh man…check out the RV in the first few seconds of Miami Boat Ramps :rofl:

2 Likes

RE The Nordschleiffe… I am sure the insurance companies are watching this video and marking down the plates to see if any of them are their clients…

2 Likes

Another great episode of Miami Boat Ramps…things get exciting about a minute in… :rofl:

5 Likes

And it’s constant. Have my own recent (couple of months ago) story but I’ll save the names for myself:

Two boats, mine and a “New boater” (NB). Dirt ramp. Told NB “Don’t go in until I have mine out, then I’ll help you”. He beats me back by like 1 minute and goes in anyway.

Slight wind; trailer not at correct depth, etc, etc.

Jumping to the end - he leaves the boat with the motor running and kicks the throttle into gear with his foot as he exits in an attempt to “just pull it on with a rope” thing. You can guess where this went.

I try to head his now un-captained boat off with mine to bump it into shore (wasn’t moving very fast; so it doesn’t end up who knows where) but I see I’m going to run aground, so I back off.

It’s now up to random chance where this thing ends up. Some good Samaritan runs down the beach, jumps in and turns it off, making an un-spectacular ‘entry’ and likely bruising some ribs in the process.

Patience and pre-planning are important.

1 Like

I was just watching an older boat ramp video. lol This whole video. omg

1 Like

Just when you thought it couldn’t get any worse.

5 Likes

How does the entire center console break free?? :rofl: That all looked expensive…

I mean, the boat was already taking on water at the beginning, so you know it was going to be an expensive day. Only got worse. lol

2 Likes

Hanging as far off the back as it was made the front end of the tow truck seem to be light. Wonder if it affected his braking any?

Wheels

1 Like

Seeing that guy rooting around under the stern after the thing was on the flatbed was terrifying. Why are people so stupid? I mean…that tow cable breaks and that whole thing is sliding down onto his head (possibly). Just really had me on edge…

3 Likes

I believe that’s Darwin at work.

1 Like

Boat ramps are where Darwin goes on holiday.

2 Likes

For me , it is women’s pole vaulting-in slow motion .

1 Like

I like to watch.
-Chauncey Gardiner

1 Like

“I’m not into cocaine, I just like its smell”.

2 Likes

After seeing the shenanigans on this YouTube channel, I’m thinking I should set up a camera at our place.

An example…

I was using a trailer with the tractor to bring some wood up from the lower field. We have a track in the field at the side of the house which is relatively steep. This also slopes away at the side 20ft down to a stream.

I had the trailer on the hook hitch as it didn’t have a hitch pin fitting. The tractor was parked at the top of the slope. I’d loaded about 1/2 tonnes worth of 6 ft lengths of tree into the trailer and wanted to add some deadfall I’d spotted ready for cutting into logs. I loaded in the deadfall and there was one biggish bit of wood left which I decided to load in at the back. A big heave and it was in.

Unbeknownst to me, as I was walking round to get back into the tractor, the additional weight of the last log at the rear of the trailer had lifted the hook off the hitch and away she went.

The sensible thing to do would have been to watch it run down the bank and crash into the stream. This would have resulted in having to empty the trailer, haul it back up with the tractor and hope I hadn’t broken the lights.

Oh no, not for me. Why would I let a perfectly good trailer wreck itself. With lightning fast reactions, I grabbed the hitch and planted my feet anchor like on the ground.

As I shot down the slope being towed by the trailer, I still refused to accept the inevitable and realise I wasn’t making the blind bit of difference to the trajectory. My feet were frantically scrabbling as we went down the bank until I my brain caught up with reality and I let go.

It made an awful racket as it continued its merry journey downwards before hitting a rock and depositing the contents into the water.

The trailer suffered mild concussion, logs were bruised and I tore my hip flexor.

All I’m thankful for was that Mrs K wasn’t there filming it.

8 Likes