Hello and What About That F-14B Tomcat

One thing I can say is that mechanical hard drives do last well. I have 4 hdd, s 2 of them are mechanical though I have kept from several upgrades ago. They just keep on trucking. Perfectly fine for older games.

1 Like

My oldest drive, a 320GB laptop disk from a Toshiba Qosmio X300 was decommissioned a couple weeks ago. It was starting to rack up some bad sectors, but worked fine otherwise, I just have larger and faster HDDs to use for storage. It was over 10 years old.

1 Like

I donā€™t even begin anything remotely akin to productive work on a PC.

Fly? Shoot? Kill a dragon? Thatā€™s what my 3x PCs are for.

Write a book (I have written 2 since retirement), answer an email, work a spread sheet, the aforementioned photo printing, make a grocery list, post on the Mudspike forum, all that is done on some type of Apple product (iMac, MacBook, iPad, iPhone).

1 Like

Just FYI, Macs are PCs too. If not the first popularly successful PCs.

Just sayinā€™.

2 Likes

True enough :slightly_smiling_face:

ā€¦for me a ā€œPCā€ is just an easier way of saying, ā€œA Personal Computer that probably uses some sort of Microsoft Windows operating system, but might also use Linux, and is made by too many companies to mention ā€¦and whatever happened to those that cow computer company? ā€¦Gateway? are they still around?ā€¦but definitely is not produced by Apple Inc.ā€

2 Likes

The only tomcat in action right now is on the Deck of the Roosevelt

Franklin or Theodore? :wink:

I was gonna get pedals with my next payment, and a flight yoke with the payment after that.

BTW, anyone heard anything on the release of the Tomcat and Overhaul of A-10C?

Theo, they crane lifted a static on deck for TGII Shots, apparently rigged up remote control hydraulics to the surfaces etc.

They couldnā€™t just use an FA-18E of F? Or is it set before 2004?

If notā€¦Maverick was a LT in 1986ā€¦he would have to be an Admiral now since if he stopped at CAPT, his 30 years would have ended before 2016ā€¦forced retirementā€¦but I guess they could hook up some remote hydraulics to boost his career. :roll_eyes:

I will say that if I see Tom Cruise wearing a USN Admiralā€™s uniform I will :face_vomiting: ā€¦fair warning for any Mudspiker planning to sit in front of me in the cinema. :open_mouth:

4 Likes

Well the Buno needed major restoration, so a movie budget helps, if the sources are legit, the F-14 is only going to be for the opening credits/scene, and then Mav will crash it into the barrier (The Final Countdown Style).

I saw an F-14 from my squadrontake the barricadeā€¦well saw it on the PLAT, we were all gathered in the Ready Room. It will be interesting to see how close to reality they get it.