How I Became A Pilot

Thanks Troll. Who says simming is a waste of time? LOL

1 Like

Way to go Storm! Welcome to the brotherhood. No matter where you end up in life, no one can take that away from you. Keep your head down and charging.

2 Likes

I appreciate all the support and encouragement.

Thanks chipwich. Just like my first refueling flight. I still recall it as well.

Cheers!

Congrats Storm! Well done!

1 Like

Thank you. I’m still at it, at a snails pace. Too many work trips and fighting weather. Hopefully tomorrow will be a good day to get back up.

Cheers!

3 Likes

Sure it is costly. I think I mentioned it in this thread somewhere, I was lucky enough to got hired by heli company first and then to complete my licence. While usualy it is the other way round, first the licence and then the job.
Unfortunately I ended up with licence and without full time pilot job :slight_smile:

Here in my small country there are not so many heli job oportunities. I gues in countries like USA, Canda, Rusia, France, UK, Brasil, Australia… the situation is much much beter.

As you pointed out, fixed wing training is also expensive.
With fixed wings I am actualy thinking about upgrading to comercial licence. Will see how many hours I will have to log and how much I will have to pay indeed :slight_smile: but step by step. I am not in hury.
Fortunately with heli comercial I will have some hours reduced.

3 Likes

Finaly I made it over the fence… as we all know the snow is always whiter on the other side! :slight_smile:

I finaly got hired as full time aviator. Still one month left before I can leave my curent IT job, but still :sunglasses:

13 Likes

Congratulations @NEVO! Is that a blade out front there? :partying_face:

1 Like

thx sir! sure it is, looking out my new office in Bell 206 :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Congrats! Now do you duty and eat all the free cookies in the FBOs and try to redline all the courtesy cars.

2 Likes

thx also to you sir! not so much yet :slight_smile: I am involved in aerial works for now, but will remember it for some future VIP flights :wink:

1 Like

Congratulations and well done!

1 Like

thx sir! I know I am at the beginning but believe it will go well from there.

Congrats! Damn man! Awesome!

1 Like

Whoa that’s awesome! Congrats!

1 Like

Not much makes me jealous. Bold statement I know. But @NEVO, I am jealous. Unless you get to fly upside-down for a living, pulling for power is the best there is. Congratulations!

4 Likes

Awesome news, @NEVO! A part of me always wanted to pull for power, for a living… :wink:

3 Likes

thx gents, appreciate that !

I never had specific preferences in flying machines ( well, fighters were always no.1 :wink: ).
But surely never thought that I will end up pulling for power :slight_smile:

5 Likes

This guy gets it.

3 Likes

hey guys, so here I go again … back into the regular office :slight_smile:

it was cool few years in the saddle.
but it went from absolutely great to almost miserable very fast.

I am living in small country and the opportunities here are few and far between.
plus these days I cant travel to abroad and stay away from home all week.

maybe in the future there will be again some good opportunity to get back into the saddle.

but there is nothing to be sorry about. it turned out fine. I am going to join local company building profi flight sims. so for a while will be in the same business as you @komemiute :slight_smile:

5 Likes