IL-2 Great Battles Dev News

lets play the speculation game : guess the anouncement, vlosest guess gets the cookie.

i think its Guadalcanal after Midway.

1 Like

I’m guessing dinner and some TV before bed. That’s my plans for the future, anyway.

Please-please-puh-lease let the announcement be about the PTO :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Sweet, cant wait.

Of course, you could tell us right now, if you’d like to get it off your chest, @777Studios_Jason. We won’t tell anyone… :wink:

3 Likes

Rise of Flight 2. With a special dedication to Troll.
Cookies, please!

5 Likes

I would DEARLY love to give you that cookie, but we’ll have to wait until the 17th won’t we?

Man, RoF2, Great War kites in VR… i’ll be in my bunk.

1 Like

1 Like

Yeah - we will blank it out and nobody will know…!

3 Likes

yes please

It’ll be a bundle edition and announcement for a different Theater of War.

Plus Rise of Flight 2!
HEY! A MAN CAN DREAM!

It needs to be Guadalcanal BEFORE Midway. You know - a plausible map to fly the P-40, P-39, Spit, and A-20 we will already have. You can still do all the carrier stuff you want for Coral Sea. Then Midway is just a sea map with an island and more planes.

2 Likes

or you know, unless you’re an Enterprise or Yorktown SBD pilot, or James Thatch, Midway at a tactical level is going to be boring at best, and an unmitigated slaughter at worst.

Latest Dev diary on the 10th. Sweet A-20 shots

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/168-developer-diary/?p=530528

1 Like

So with so few land masses in either setting (i.e. objects/buildings), and as Tankerwade mentioned they have a few planes that are already built that appeared in that theater, I wonder if they will will see EA fairly quick?

Not saying anything is easy, but art-wise there is quite a bit less than the theaters we have now.

Probably too ambitious, but IMO that would be more intriguing than Midway, due to the number and size of land masses, the longevity of the campaign, the desperate naval battles within easy reach of Henderson field, the accompanying land campaign, interdiction of air and sea coming down the slot, night fighting, etc. Lots going on in the Guadalcanal campaign. Would provide years of game play.

2 Likes

also p-38 too yeah? F4U’s first showed up there a few weeks after guadalcanal, so premium maybe :smile:

1 Like

What if it was the Russian / Japanese front?

bi-planes over Khalkhin Gol? Well that would be more like RoF planes in VR

3 Likes

How about Guadalcanal after the armistice?

I grant it will be kinda dull…