I'm going to Australia..!

I don’t know what that is. But it sounds dirty. LOL…

2 Likes

Sounds like someone is hard on the wind. Too many solo days at sea. Hope you reach Christmas Island soon! LOL…

1 Like

Me and Mrs Keets are at the end of a trip of a lifetime, 4 weeks in NZ and 3 in Aus. (Significant anniversary and birthday). We connected to Cairns via Sydney from NZ.

Unusually December is Queensland’s quiet time as it should be the rainy season. Most people go to Cairns in the Aussie winter (or so we’re told). There will be no stingers (jellyfish) worries when you go in the winter, so that’s a big plus as the beaches will be safe to swim off without wearing stinger suits.

We did the Barrier Reef trip from Port Douglas which is stunning. Smaller trips = better experience IMHO. Some of the bigger trips from Cairns don’t get to the outer reef. We snorkelled, as we’re not divers and it was brilliant, wearing Lycra stinger suits provided.

We stayed in the Thala beach nature reserve (https://www.thalabeach.com.au) which I couldn’t recommend enough if you are in the area and looking for accommodation.

Being from the UK I was paranoid about anything crawly, bites, slithery or with pointy teeth, but ended up being fascinated by all the wildlife and actually wanted to see the critters, crocs and sharks in the natural environment.

You’ll have a great time and I can’t wait to come back. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Dropbears WTF… !!! Something I missed for a Brit to be scared of. :grimacing: (frantically googling) :joy:

BTW Google is not usually your friend with regards Australian critters.

2 Likes

Beach, if you like tall ships, the James Craig is worth a visit in Sydney if you are there (it will be coldish in July but we can get some cracking clear winter days). James Craig (https://www.shf.org.au/explore-the-fleet/our-operational-vessels/james-craig-1874-tall-ship/) does day sails out to sea from right in the heart of Sydney Harbour. Great experience.

My daughter and i scored a 3-day cruise on her a little while ago - unique.

smith

3 Likes