Monday Meta (with Polls)

Or “games for people that can’t sim well and other things”

1 Like

I mean this isn’t the Treaty of Versailles or anything, just a new category to mark topics within the common cases of ‘Games’. As #gaming can be pretty much anything it’s really just a convenience for people into the Chordata Armanis family of games to view by that category. It doesn’t mean we are becoming all Rambo ish or anything :ram:

1 Like

So we call it the Luxembourg section?

1 Like

Well I just noticed we have some racers as well. And some people, including myself, are looking forward to cold waters. Might be nice to have a place to discuss all of them.

1 Like

One compromise is we could add a couple of ‘sub categories’. These could go under #gaming and be for things like #racing, #naval-combat, #land-combat and the like. When you’d click on the #gaming category page then it would show the various ‘sub forums’ from there. An example of how they would look (we can alter them a fair bit as well) would be here:

The longer term plan for something like #flight-sims was eventually to allow it to be #DCS, #IL2, #P3D, #FSX, #X-Plane etc split with subcategories for that. At the moment we don’t really have that many posts to make that worth it though.

Having said all that, I think we’re still pretty small and what we have is ok for now. Just wanted to periodically make sure all are happy and that we’re all having a good time.

1 Like

Honestly I only ever browse by latest posts. The categories aren’t much of a factor for me personally.

3 Likes

That sounds cool and high tech. I could get behind this.

Wait, there are different themes??? Oh.

EDIT: About splitting… no. I kinda hate having too many subcategories. We don’t have THAT many threads yet.

1 Like

I’m fine with a land combat category. I personally don’t have enough time to go grunt. But that doesn’t mean that I wouldn’t like reading of other ground-pounder’s exploits and keep up with the genre.