MSFS Pacific Northwest Sceneries

Swanson (2W3) - Washington

Westport (14S) - Washington

Danger Bay (DGB), Afognak Island, Alaska

Afognak Island State Park Seaplane Base (PZ02)

Reid-Hillview (KRHV) - San Jose, California

San Jose, California (KSJC)

1 Like

Carilla (XCBM4) - British Columbia

Sitkinak Island (SKJ) - Alaska

1 Like

That bottom picture looks like the frozen tundra.

1 Like

Toledo State (5S4), Oregon

lol the kid has the classic Is this all there is posture.

Wheels

2 Likes

4 Likes

Tieton State (4S6) - Washington

Amook Bay Seaplane Base (AK81), Kodiak, Alaska

Zachar Bay Lodge/Seaplane Base (ZHR), Kodiak Island, Alaska

Trident Basin Seaplane Base (T44), Kodiak, Alaska

Aleneva Seaplane Base (AED), Kodiak, Alaska

West Point Village Seaplane Base (KWP), Kodiak, Alaska

1 Like

Man…ORBX must be taking a hit on some of this. I know they aren’t as detailed as their offerings…but free is…well…free…

Walter Sutton’s Private Strip (WA79), Washington

Blue Fox Bay Cabin/Seaplane Base (BFB), Afognak Island, Alaska

I’m also finding that OrbX sceneries are giving me problems with VR when it comes to being smooth. I love the detail but I ended up removing Dundee and installing a freeware offering that was still a lot better than stock, but allows me to fly there in VR smoothly with settings cranked quite high. With the OrbX version it was a stutter-fest unfortunately.

I’m finding that for local sceneries they are often very good because they are ‘passion projects’ often with people with real life experience of the areas. I noticed a big missing road bridge near me, did a quick search on flightsim.to and found a local scenery download - it had loads of things in it, but still not my local suspension bridge.

The rest of the pack was fantastic, so I left a comment to the author to say ‘Thank you!’, and asked if some more things were planned (like my bridge :wink:). Next day or so it appeared in the pack in 3D glory, all perfectly hand modelled, ready for free download. Amazing.

There is a place for both hobbyist and pro scenery dev, but I think we’re witnessing something really interesting happening for MSFS.

4 Likes

Have you put in a request to have you and your dog walking on that gravel path? :rofl: Maybe I can get someone to add the two boys playing soccer in the yard…and me…drinking beer…I mean, raking leaves… I wonder if the Yeti cooler object is copyrighted…

2 Likes

Stehekin State Airport (6S9) - Washington

Packwood (55S), Washington

Shelter Cove (0Q5), California

Sutter County (O52), Yuba, California

Jasper (CYJA), Alberta, Canada

Duncan (CAM3), British Columbia

Stark’s Twin Oaks (7S3), Hillsboro, OR

3 Likes

Seldovia (PASO), Alaska

Sportsman Airpark (2S6), Newberg, Oregon

Waterfall Lake SPB (PZ05), Afognak Island, Kodiak, Alaska

Lebanon State (S30), Oregon

Arctic Village (PARC), Alaska

1 Like

Skylark Airport (CA89) - California

Red Dog Airport (PADG) - Alaska

Silver Springs (KSPZ) - Nevada

I like some of these out of the way airports, just because the surrounding scenery is often beautiful, but these three are way to stark for me. :dizzy_face:

1 Like

Yeah…I’m only populating my PNW world with everything I see because I figure eventually I might visit some of these places in Air Hauler (once I buy it for MSFS)… Most of these places I’ll never see…but some I might end up dropping into…

Lake Mountain Idaho - A STOL Paradise

Warm Lake Shoreline, Idaho

1 Like