MSFS - Screenshots

If not sure the $1 Xbox Game Pass for PC is a good way to try it out - you get the Standard Edition for that for a month. If you like it then either Steam or Microsoft Store.

The upgrades give more aircraft and custom airports.

The stock aircraft aren’t study level, and have quite a few bits still to do. Look very pretty though.

The non-custom airports can look pretty rough.

3 Likes

So for 60 bucks I get the game. For 90 or 120 dollars I get more aircraft that are just simple and more airports that are detailed. Does that sum it up? It seems like the double price is well worth it for the extra planes and airports. God knows that stuff can get expensive. Ill need another HD too :roll_eyes:

that’s correct (other than that it is actually 70 for the base game). 5 new planes and 5 new airports for each 30 dollar increment. You can also upgrade your version after you purchase one of the lower editions. However, there is quite a mark-up for doing that.

Didn’t have to call me out publicly, man.

Not cool… not cool.

4 Likes

Sounds good. Im looking to see if I can put this on my PC tonight.

Flew threw a thin cloud layer in California and iced up pretty good. Meanwhile, record high temps in out west this week :smiley:

4 Likes

What, no CYYZ?
Well at least my top two rides in the past: 747 & Baron are there. :grin:

I’ll look into buying MSFS soon, although I may need a new SSD to hold it.

1 Like

Nice! Last time I iced up that bad I cracked all the paint on the ice-shucking impact panels on the side of the fuselage. :rofl:

This is such a beautiful visual experience that I am finding that the shortcomings with flight modeling are pretty much forgotten.

7 Likes

Clarification, IF you have game pass, you get the standard game for ‘free’ (not accounting for game pass fee), and then only pay for the additional items as “DLC”, it’s 90 or 120 less the 60 cost for base game.

Not sure how that works if one drops game pass. Personally I’ll probably drop game pass and get the 120 version, so that way I’m squared away moving forward.

1 Like

There is one, but it’s AI generated and it sort of fumbles around a bit trying to do clever things with aerial imagery to make buildings. CYYZ would be comparable to stock P3D or someone on XP11 Scenery Gateway that wasn’t very good with an editor :slight_smile:. I’ve been using MSFS on and off for about 9 months now, so I’m actually not sure what’s good or bad, as you just get used to stuff.

Here’s some Toronto shots (done in a bit of a rush, but to give you an idea):

Or how it looks whenever I am there :wink:

5 Likes

Ah, leaves a debate in my mind as I should pull the Saitek Yoke and throttle out if I get MSFS, but then I have to rearrange my desk to do so, and those dated controllers will contrast heavily with my TM gear.

Although, I could always do uni-controls (one axis for all throttles, one for mixtures, one for props) if that is still an option and fly with the TM gear…

Really need a second desk just for it with another monitor ha!

2 Likes

Flying around Alaska, rediscovery of my favourite airports! Unfortunately they appear to have made some changes over the years :wink:

10 Likes

That’s a bit of a hazard lol

1 Like

“Ya know, if I just kinda saddle the thing back here…then you jus goose the motor…” - Bubba

1 Like

I flew the Citation Longitude a bit.
a bit rough around the edges, but it flies OK. And it looks great!

Just a quick hop from EDSB to EDDF. Frame rates were…mediocre but bearable for me.

2 Likes

If you report it as a bug they might put some yellow hazard warning tape over it :wink:

5 Likes

This guys pictures are unreal…

Uploading: o90n8maf3zh51.png…

6 Likes

It’s a Feature not a Bug - the ULTIMATE CHOCK!

2 Likes

That is a beautiful plane. Would love to see some mods that changed some of the G1000-ish panels over to something a bit more proprietary…

2 Likes