Multiplayer Coop for the family-ish

Multicrew for the Huey is out, that ought to be entertaining!

3 Likes

yes5

3 Likes

Calling @Scoop and @Cib. (Bagsy gunner please)

If we got @keets and @tempusmurphy we could FILL the huey with Brits and really show those red, white and blues how to party to Credence Clearwater Revival.

I’m obscenely excited about this. It will be like Arma…but fun!!

3 Likes

Can I drive? I’m quite mad and been in the muddy, cold and wet trenches all week, I feel like I can be honorary brit for a bit :wink:

3 Likes

You are of course invited. We’re would we be in our constant battle with Englands ancient enemy across the Atlantic without the noble DUTCH!

I will take left seat please. When are they releasing patch?
Also happy to do some instructing if anyone wants it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I definitely do. I also want to sit in the back and listen while you school @Scoop.

2 Likes

@Victork2 <-him. I’ll be content to man the red side and make continuous kamikaze firing runs on the good ship Brittania.

2 Likes

This is a pretty fun coop game:

1 Like

Grab Kuban (when it’s on sale maybe) and fly the A-20 with the kids being the gunners :slight_smile:

1 Like

www.Mission4today.com has literally a few thousand downloads for 1946 and your kids nor you will need an account to download that content.

My advice, especially while learning, is to forgo Coop mode and play in Dogfight mode. It will save you tons of frustration since dogfight mode allows each Player to refly multiple times whereas Coop mode requires everyone to connect at the same time and if one of you dies you will have to restart the mission for everyone to start playing again.

Wheels

1 Like

Jackbox party games. I think most if not all have profanity/adult filter. And if you’re just playing you guys that doesn’t matter much anyway.

1 Like

yes please @Cib

1 Like

Having me fly them into battle…may be a worse fate for them than going it on their own… :rofl:

ferrel1

3 Likes

My favourite trench experience was my command course on being selected for Major. On the field exercise I had to spend a day defending a bridge (demolition). My hole was dug for me by my Sergeant and rad op while I got orders from my course colleague playing at Colonel. My trench colleagues and I took turns on sentry, changing every fifteen minutes to prevent hypothermia when off duty. Off duty we sat under the three foot of overhead cover at the end of the trench, in water up to our chests. Wonderful, trench foot from neck down. At 0400 my duties changed and I had three Chieftains to command. As I squelched over to the row of greenery that were main battle tanks pretending to be bushes. The crew of my vehicle stripped me off and put my clothes and webbing inside the engine bay and put me in my sleeping bag on top of the engine deck. Lovely. Tanks are much better then trench’s and they have permanent hot water for a brew.

So @schurem. Show us your trenches :slight_smile:

5 Likes

ahaha I don’t come even close to that lol. Last few weeks we’ve been doing our landscaping spiel in Dutch winter weather (cold, wet). We got to dig about two to three cubic meters (about 3 to 4 thousand kilos) of hard, fat clay with shovels. In drizzle. It wasn’t nearly as gloriously miserable as your bridge experience. But still, backbreaking hard labour in the rain. No warm tank though. Cosy house, hot shower, screaming kids are far better lol.

In the rain, the clay becomes slippery and sticky. You get these big, three kilo lumps on your feet that have you move about in a similar manner to being on ice. So those cute bricks the wall is made out of? They’re re-used from the old wall. We cleaned them so they’d fit snugly. Every single one of them. In the cold. In the rain.

So the other day the guy in the photo made a botch job of laying the first layer for a wall. Slanted 'em in too much. I saw it when he was about 3/4ths through, but did not kick his ass hard enough. So the next day, I got to take them all out, redo the foundation and hammer them back in, one by one.

Ah, the joy of owning a company. At least I didn’t have to do it all alone.

Today we had fine weather. This is me bringing the guys their christmas care packages.

8 Likes

Thick clay is the pits, especially when it wont’ scrape off your boots and it goes in the sleeping bag with you… My least favourite was digging in to South Atlantic peat. The hole fills with water almost as fast as its dug. You cant even burn the peat as it needs a summer to dry out.

Last week my red brick front wall got taken out by a truck reversing out of the house across the road where builders were at work. The wall was indented, split and made very precarious. Two firm talks from a red head got the builders to sort it.

4 Likes

Don’t rule out some of the free options out there as well. Apex has 3 person squads and is kid friendly for example.

1 Like

Red dead redemption 2online is fun. You can be naturalists or hunters, run moonshine operations or be a bounty hunter. If the boys like westerns then I think they would like this. It can be brutal and bloody

Stardew Valley has up to 4 player co-op and is constantly receiving updates.