Our Samsung Odyssey (+) first impressions, tips, and tricks...

Oh oh, I think if they have one in stock tonight at the local shop then I am going to have to do it now. This is perfect, as I can now blame @BeachAV8R even though of no fault of his. :slight_smile:

Editorial Minutiae: You could split the topic, and put your new impressions in a new one from here as a few future Rift owners would benefit from it (and would never find it in our big SO topic).

My Requests!

• Put the SteamVR super sampling to manual, set it to 100%, so your resolution per eye shows 1440x1600 1430 x 1773 (your native panel resolution, or rather what SteamVR makes of it) and then try DCS with a PD of 1. How does it look? It should be like running the Rift at 1.6 I think?

• Try the above but with changed PD of ‘2.0’ in DCS, what’s the SteamVR say the resolution per eye is? How does it look? In the F/A-18C can you read the MFD screen button labels, i.e. can you see ‘HSI’ in green more clearly than the Rift?

• Is there any difference in clarity for you in the above if you enable / disable motion projection (ASW stuff for WMR) from here? Using SteamVR with Windows Mixed Reality - Enthusiast Guide | Microsoft Learn

Curious to see if that helps or hinders.

I think the SteamVR automatic super sampling is a bit of an ‘easy mode’, in that it uses your CPU/GPU ‘score’ and guesses what you need. I think that it’ll be better to usually in SteamVR games just to set it manually? What do @chipwich and @Freak do, do you leave it automatic?

Fun stuff, am excited by proxy for your new HMD Chris! Wahoo! :vr:

5 Likes