Persian Gulf for DCS World (formally known as Straits of Hormuz)

Here is a look at the expanded area into Iran. Not only does this include the new airbases, but it also includes expanded road and rail network, increased mesh and texture resolution in the expanded area, many new towns and cities, and other elements.

This update is currently in external testing.

We are now moving on to add some additional airfields and landmarks in the UAE.

Thanks,
Matt

12 Likes

This is slowly getting somewhere. Nice!

It got pretty damn far already at release! Iā€™ve only seen about 5% of the terrain so far and that has been all need. Fantastic! Glad for the expansion @NineLine. Thanks for keeping fans in the loop.

4 Likes

I was very pleased to see that Kerman has enough ramp space to host 12 Backfires. First airbase on the map to hold a useful number of bombers (or any at all). Very nice.

Unfortunately the Hardened Aircraft Shelters at Shiraz and Bandar Abbas are portrayed only as either sun-shades or (unusable) hangars. Al Dhafra has HAS modeled but they are not set up to be used as parking positions. I wonder if usable Hardened Aircraft Shelters will still be implemented on the map.

2 Likes

I still think of little green men every time I read thatā€¦ :smile:

3 Likes

Hey @NineLine is ED aware of planes despawning/ disappearing on landing in the PG map?

Happens to C-17ā€™s and 130ā€™s every time and at multiple different airfields. I have to admit I havenā€™t tried it with other stuff.
5b5f5e263b6bc656565983

Here is the track from a test I made for you:
PGlandingbug.trk (53.6 KB)

Its really starting to cramp my mission building. Sorry if you guys are already aware of this issue.

Thanks!

1 Like

Question: can you place tell a C-130 to take off from the ramp at that airport?

I suspect the game Is despawning the aircraft because it canā€™t find a parking spot big enough to accommodate it.

Good question, let me test a few other aircraft.

Edit: I think @near_blind is on to some thing, I tried a F-15 and AV-8 from Qeshm Island and they stayed on the ramp but when I tried a C-130 it was sent all the way to Sharjah International :thinking:

EVEN Moar edits: Yep looks like Anything bigger then like the E-2 or AN-30 will despawn. I tried it with a F-15, AV-8, E-2, AN-30, AN-24 and a YAK-40 on Qeshm and everything landedā€¦ well since it was blue controlled the Russian stuff went to Havadarya and despawnedā€¦

Iā€™ll look into it, thanks.

2 Likes

Ramp space for big(ish) aircraft is very rare on the PG map. Most airports donā€™t have any parking positions for big aircraft and even Al Dhafra AB has only 5.

7 Likes