Pets of Mudspike

I’m so, so sorry to hear this- it’s never easy losing a family member like this.

3 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear of your loss @Freak. I hope you and your girlfriend are coping ok. Nothing worse than losing a friend

4 Likes

I am so sorry for your loss.

I wish I could say that losing a beloved companion gets easier with time, but it doesn’t. If anything, the hole they leave in your heart gets bigger every time.

That actually makes me glad because it leaves more room to replace it with love for the next fabulous, furry friend that that graces you with the responsibility to care for them.

4 Likes

Very sorry to hear this @Freak . My sincere condolences.

4 Likes

My condolences @Freak it never gets easier. I lost my first cat to a road accident when I was little and only a couple of years ago took care of my aunt’s old cat when she couldn’t take her to her new place. Now I can’t imagine not having her around but she’s getting old (17y/o) and you do notice that she’s not quite as active as she used to be but she still brings in mice from time to time and even killed a big rat just a few months ago

4 Likes

@Freak, you have my condolences as well. It never gets easier, but you can take solace that soon enough the good memories and stories will outweigh the heartbreak.

4 Likes

Snow Leopard

13 Likes

He looks like he’s about to lay some smack down on the local mice population.

2 Likes

either that or the owner for leaving him out in the cold?

2 Likes

This is our little ■■■■■, Lexi. She’s 9 years old - we adopted her from rescue kennels at age 5, after she’d been treated very badly by no less than two previous owners - the first of which were hare coursers who had abandoned her, after having used her as a football and damaged her hip.

Needless to say, she’s very nervous and gets terrified by the most benign things (like curling up in the corner and whining when I wagged a finger at her). Poor girl - there’s nothing makes me feel better than seeing her tearing around a field, yapping away and enjoying herself. She’s got the good life now, but still suffers badly from her experiences.

12 Likes

Here’s some more “aaaah!” shots :smiley:

9 Likes

What a sweetie! One of my dogs is terribly nervous and has the same facial expressions.

She looks like she’s pretty happy now!

6 Likes

Have you ever seen a cuter creature?

The dog is cute too… :wink:
His name is Bertil and we adopted him today.
He’s a Chinese Crested Powderpuff, which means naked dog but with fur…?
And since it’s a Chinese breed, he probably likes balloons and will register our every move. :grin:

17 Likes

Awwww!

4 Likes

Looks like he’s feeling at home already

3 Likes

Get some sidewinders mounted!

Nice pup! He looks like he loves his new life already :heart:

3 Likes

Whenever I’ve seen one of my dogs doing this it always made me think of Kenny Everett doing his Joan Collins impression

“it’s all in the best possible taste!”

4 Likes

@Victork2 and @bisher asked to know more about my birds. The blueberry is Albert, the green guy is Coo. He talks a lot but I don’t understand what he says :joy:

Then the youngest, Pico, on my workbench lamp watching me build. She’s a troublemaker.

14 Likes

They are so beautiful :heart_eyes: thank you for sharing them with us. I love birds

3 Likes

beauty. I assume Albert,Coo and Pico are budgies? We had Melzorb, years ago, very affectionate bird who we loved.

1 Like