Professional Pilot has problems with his HOTAS!

Sadly no.

1. I want a mode for operating near the aircraft and the carrier. If this is not selected I intend not to be able to drop the gear, hook etc - clumsy me. The second mode is for the cruise. Such admin matters as anti ice, nav, AAR, emcon etc, Good piloting management stuff. Finally combat mode where I definitely don’t want to accidentally select gear or flap down. Certain tasks will be common to all three modes EG air brakes, comms etc

What I am looking at now is trying to have the mode specific items mapped with Logitech, the remainder with DCS. There are some people who seem to be doing this, but for other reasons. It would mean having the Logitech software running in parallel.

Oh I get it. In that case you must first tell DCS that mode switch up is modifier UP and mode switch down is modifier DOWN. Now you can assign "actuate gear handle (gear up/down) as [button X + modifier DOWN].

I will edit this post with screenies in a bit. You shouldn’t be needing the logitech carp for this. :fish:

Ok, here we go. Press the button pointed out in red to assign a button to be a modifier. Be sure to name the modifier in such a way that is unmistakable. “MODE UP”

Now let’s make sure the gear only comes out when MODE UP is actuated:
First you select the modifier MODE DOWN in the menu pointed out with a big red 2. Then press the button that goes along with it.

I think that oughta sort it out. I might be mistaken, it’s been a while since I tangled with modifiers in my control assignments. You could also try opening up the assignment window, setting the mode switch and pressing the proper button, see if it binds as [button + modifier].

Good luck, and see you in the skies!

2 Likes

Welcome @Scoop :sunglasses:

I did not know that was there! Nice!

2 Likes

Can’t help with this, but Welcome!

1 Like

Thanks. Glad to be alloed in the team

allowed. I dislike phone keyboards

And they dislike you it seems :stuck_out_tongue: You can click the little pencil icon on your own post to edit them. In this luminous age, one doens’t have to live down ones’ typos. Isn’t it grand?

How’s the control assignments going mate?

1 Like

Hmm
Wiped everything and started again. Shamelessly plagiarized Matt Wagner from ED. Then I started and taxied on the carrier. Aircraft went backwards off the boat. Tried again same thing. Tried on land after adjustment. Still went backwards. Eventually got it in the air. Needed full reheat when clean and light. Amazingly I got it on the ground at 210kts but ran off the end of the runway. Ctrl EEE did not work. I had the same problem a month ago but fixed it by random adjustments to the axis settings… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh dear…

1 Like