Random DCS thought/questions

There’s a number of places we can take that, but I don’t need another warning from the moderators :laughing:

4 Likes

1 Like

It gets heated when people seem to feel and insist that whatever their way is to do it is the only “correct” way and they don’t care if it makes things unenjoyable for anyone other than those who have the same feelings as them, ie tribalism.

Having the options exist and then be controllable on per server (for MP) or per user basis is the best way as it lets everyone do what they want. I don’t care what some virtual squadron disallows on their server, so why should its members care about what I can do on mine? I’m not forcing them to fly with labels on so why should they be able to force me to fly with them off?

Have you noticed that in games that are SP only there are vibrant modding communities where people make tons of changes that can only be called cheats yet no one is chastised for using them? The Bethesda RPGs like Elder Scrolls and Fallout, for example. Make the game as easy or as hard as you like and no one ridicules anyone else for it…because there is no competition beyond posting awesome screenshots.

2 Likes

Another good reason to say F MP.

I say, do whatever makes you happy!

There are people that insist that the ITT is off by a few degrees, but happily use a TrackIR to spin their head like Linda Blair in the exorcist.
Some people just plain hate everything, because they paid $50 and it’s not a real Fighter.
Others enjoy what they like, and accept what they can’t change.
Luckily, we have several people from the last category over here, at Mudspike.

:rofl:

5 Likes

Then you lose out on wacky hijinks!

Now…… :thinking: …now wait minute @Troll. If they are not “real” fighters, then why are you charging me 10 million Swed Kr every time I crash a Viggen? :open_mouth:

5 Likes

The välfärd has to be paid for somehow…

3 Likes

First of all, quit whining! 10 mill is cheap!
Second, you get every 10th for free.

Exactly! Building SimBoxes ain’t cheap!
Nor is beer, over here!

2 Likes

LOL. While returning from a business trip to Oslo (discussions with the Norwegian military intel folks), one of my subordinates, a USAF Major, decided, despite my warning, to get a glass of Stella at a kiosk in Gardenmoen. He bought the beer and then did the No Kr to $ conversion.

The answer, $15+ !

I chuckled and said, “Enjoy your beer Major.”…somehow I don’t think he did. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Yeah, I know… Somebody got it in their heads that alcohol is bad for you, and that we need to protect the citizens by making it too expensive to buy.
Rubbish, of course.

Speaking of beer. The novelty of micro breweries means that there are a lot of new beer on the market, to taste. Just had a box of Supersonic…
Yes, I bought it because of the name.
I liked it!

6 Likes

Those are almost cruise ship prices!

That said, how much is a glass of orange juice there? :slight_smile:

See, this right here, this schtuff is why you need to git gud scrub. Turn off icons, turn off easy comms, in fact, turn off external views and fly like a real man. Otherwise, you end up having to pay lots and lots of money for crashing virtual aircraft.

Or watch your e-peen shrink. I’m not sure which is worse.

Oh I do…I only use guns, no HUD and iI jettison the canopy at the hold short before takeoff…flying like they did in WW I! That’s manly flying. :sunglasses:

1 Like

If you wanna do it like they did in WW1 get Il-2 sturmovik Flying Circus. Do it in a Dreidecker for reals. See if you can make a dynamically unstable hellbeast contraption made by satan’s own engineers work for you. Do it in VR and hold your lunch and yes, you are a real man :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

FAIL. AJS37 does not have an internal gun.

But it does have gun pods!

But the Camel didn’t. You still get an F!