Submit your questions to Matt Wagner - AMA!

Yes!!! Why didn’t I think of that. Well done dude great question!

3 Likes
  • Are there plans in place for a larger scope and vision for the World War 2 project? As it stands now modules and maps seem to be released with no clear direction for the style, flavor, period authenticity, and general cohesiveness for the project.

• Can you elaborate on any plans to release other WW2 maps for other locations and time periods?

• Are there internal discussions regarding the choice of module to build in the release schedule in the WW2 project, that takes into account proper timeline opponents for the current modules and future ones?

• Can you speak to the progress of work on the WW2 project modules regarding damage modeling and AI routines for flying piston powered aircraft?

4 Likes

Thanks for taking the time to do this!

1. MAC – What’s the current status of MAC? It seemed to be a successor to FC3 and then just vanished. Is it still a thing?
  2. FC3 – Will we ever see an FC4? In addition, can 3rd parties add more aircraft in the FC vein, ie simplified systems?
  3. F-16 – Will we have the option for PIDS/PIDSU?
  4. Warehousing/Inventory – Will we ever get the ability to modify warehouses or resources with scripting mechanics? Will we be able to transport supplies on cargo aircraft and resupply airfields? Is there any possibility of getting airframe weapon restrictions rather than relying exclusively on the warehousing system?
  5. UI/Campaigns – Has there been any push to modify the campaign system to be more immersive? By that I mean more interactive and like from the old '90s era sims, where we had things like career progression and tracking, as well as an interface that made us feel like we were actually there.
6 Likes
  1. How do you and the third party developers choose which module to work on next? Is there a ‘big picture’ strategy?

2. Is there work being done to improve immersion, in terms of the gaming experience?

3. Is Combined Arms going to be reworked in the near-to-medium term?

Edit: removed my rants for cleanliness - just the questions left.

5 Likes

I came here to ask about new theatres and AI planes, so add my hand to this.

1 Like

Thanks guys…that should keep Matt busy for a lunch break! Great questions and hopefully Matt can address a good many of them. I think the response shows just how enthusiastic all of us are about DCS World.

7 Likes