The official 3rd Annual Mudspike Christmas Flight - 2017 Edition

Hang on, I’ll put some tags from the oil/WD-40 cans on it!

2 Likes

Alrighty…I was a little lost landing in Jakarta (I usually research these things ahead of time) and didn’t know where the GA ramp was. So I just found a likely spot. What a huge airport…!

This is where I dropped you off. I couldn’t see a helicopter anywhere…so maybe it is in the hangar…! :wink:

Be careful…this was a hot drop-off…don’t walk into the prop!

5 Likes

OK…back in the air again… 1+20 or so to Christmas Island. I thoroughly searched the cargo section for additional passengers. There does appear to be a case of beer missing though…

4 Likes

My services are not rendered cheap when I am sober! :wink:

1 Like

Me either…!

3 Likes

Est-ce vous @Sine_Nomine?

1 Like

Found it @BeachAV8R! It’s properly kitted out for a ocean flight! Floats, camera’s, slings. Anything a pilot could desire!

Just… the paint needs a little mudspiking I suppose… Although the local rampies have been eyeing me a bit weird, best get moving before someone will come to skulk around and ask questions!

5 Likes

Glad to see it has floats. :smiley: That’s a haul across that open water in a helo…!

I should be able to see Christmas Island here at around 80 miles out, but these darns clouds are obstructing my view…

2 Likes

I see it…! I see it…! Broke out at 7,500’…

2 Likes

Arrived…! Whew…what a journey…

Before we unload, I’m gonna have a cold one…

5 Likes

10,106 nm flown…all without time accel (but I did fly during daylight hours only)…

4 Likes

On the visual approach into Christmas Island…

Just like @PaulRix, I took a victory lap down the runway and then up to the downwind…

Final landing…

11 Likes

@BeachAV8R and @TheAlmightySnark, you guys are awesome!
I think an interactive story like this is a first in the Christmas Challenge, chapeau!

5 Likes

Its like Piper Arrow in FSW. As you noticed yourself pulling carb heat on will not cause rpm drop. So there could be diference between systems light and systems heavy steam aircraft I would say.

Anyway the Do228 looks great in XP.

1 Like

It’s like dungeons and dragons! Only then with aircraft and unwitting passengers! :yum:

1 Like

@PaulRix @BeachAV8R @TheAlmightySnark, well done lads. It’s been a pleasure riding along. I’m afraid that you will have to make do with the local brew a bit longer. Real life (wife, kids, and in-laws) are encroaching on our crew’s flight time. And it looks like I have to go to Charleston for 3 days later this week. But not throwing in the towel yet. No Sir.

Stepping onto the FBO ramp, the two brothers pause to take in their new ride. “Oh man, that IS AWESOME! I wonder who the investor is? I’ve always wanted to fly an aircraft with synthetic vision”, says Chipwcih.

“Ahhh, except for we are not taking the Embraer. You know that we don’t have that kind of backing.”, replies Bill.

Chipwich looks around and spies the ugly gray GLJ widow-maker. “No, no, no, no, no.”

“Why not?”

“Because like the Harrier, she tries to kill me every time I fly her.”

“I know that we’ll need to keep an eye on things, but while we were out busting fresh powder, I had the avionics shop move the GTN over to the Lear. And had her painted. Well, not really painted, just added a few marketing details. There is no doubt that she goes like a bullet.”

“So that G1000 training was basically a waste of time?”

“Psych! We’ll probably need it sooner or later. Not today though”, Bill chuckled.

The two brothers reluctantly made their way to the 25D, began a careful walk-around, and preflight. Time for a checkride.

9 Likes

You can borrow my windsurfer…I dunno if you can hang on for five or six days in a row though… :thinking:

2 Likes

Hmm…the Embraer or the Lear…both beautiful aircraft…!

1 Like

Anyone heard from @TheAlmightySnark - I’m worried about that helicopter he dusted off… Standing by to rescue him from Christmas Island if necessary… :smiley:

4 Likes

Glad to see you fly my beloved DC6, @Sine_Nomine.

1 Like