The Official 4th Annual Mudspike Christmas Flight - 2018 Edition

Leg 3 EGGI —> EINN

My last leg in the FF A320 for the forseeable future. She’s the first and only airbus I ever owned in any sim and it has been intriguing to get to know her before and during this journey. I’ll be sure to do do a few more legs in her after I jumped across the pond.

Start-up was as is typical. I’ve been spending some time crunching a little math as @Sine_Nomine provided me with the details how to calculate FLEX in his fantastic post. The numbers I came up with for my GTOW and the conditions for runway 08 are a V1 of 130kts, a Vr of also 130kts, a V2 of 133kts and a FLEX setting of 68C. All programmed up along with the rest of the flightplan while the jet alligns.

Number 2 coming online during the pushback. Fortunatly a short taxi today on this rather tiny international airport.

Even the taxiways are tiny.

All lined up and ready to go.

Safely made it off the ground!

A few yards to spare as I safely make it up. The FLEX has done its job, and I won’t be on tonights Air crash investigation so the maths I did couldn’t have been to bad.

Up we go…

Feet wet as we head on out over the Bristol channel.

Over the beautiful but small Lundy Island. Hard to appreciate its details from this altitude.

Short pass over Wales just to say hi before we head across Sint George’s Channel to Ireland.

Land ahoy! Well, on the terrain display atleast.

Picking up the ATIS, it turns out another runway is in use than what I had planned for. I had planned to fly the long but pretty approach over the Shannon estuary but that seems to have been cancelled. I bring up the secondary flightplan on the MCDU and replan for the currently active runway. This shaves 10 minutes off my flight and I find myself expediting my descent.

Brakes out.

Starting to hit that rocky weather as I prepare for the landing configuration.

Capturing the glideslope.

The moment shannon pops up from under the clouds.

https://imgur.com/Xzyfu2d

Not much trouble during the final part.

At the gate and shut down!

Distance travelled: 6.5%

Thanks for reading! See you after 11.30 drops.

9 Likes