Tour de France 2018...

I agree with Bill Burr on the Lance Armstrong issue.

Open at your own risk.

Summary

Bill Burr Doesn't Buy Oprah's Holier-Than-Thou Lance Armstrong Interview | CONAN on TBS - YouTube

Wheels

2 Likes

The funny thing is that I love to cycle myself but I really don’t watch races much. I’ll watch a summary after a stage or the last minutes but I can’t be bothered to watch more. I find it pretty boring apart from maybe a good sprint, cobbles or a crazy descent. I’d rather be out riding myself tbh.

I have a lot of respect for professional riders though. The power they’re able to put out is crazy. Just look at the numbers from races like Paris Rubaix, some guys are putting out well over 400W for hours.
Hitting the cobbles of the Arenberg Forrest at 60km/h takes a special kind of crazy. I went 70+ km/h on smooth asphalt a couple of times and even that demands a lot of concentration after a while. I can’t even begin to imagine what it must be like to go from asphalt to cobbles at those speeds in a frigging Peloton.

3 Likes

“LOL…the bands blocked out the sun…no wrist cancer…”

I love Bill Burr…he’s so hilariously politically incorrect…

1 Like

I work with a guy who was a domestique on the US Postal team. I forget which season’s, but he rode with LA for a couple of tours. The short and sweet version of how things went back in those days: All the teams did it, all the big winners did it, period, full stop.

I have no clue if that’s true, but it certainly seems to have been largely borne out in the following years.