VFRMAP for VR

Well I’m looking for a good VR Eflightbag, so yes I will check it out! thx!

1 Like

Great news. I will check it this evening. Thanks!

1 Like

I was sitting over Northumberland flying VFR but needed a map. This will be installed this afternoon. Thank you and I am sure you are not infringing any rules by posting here. We have Jason from IL2 posting here frequently and folk from eagle dynamics. It is nice to interact with developers :+1:

2 Likes

Oooh this looks great, thanks for posting!

1 Like

Yeah, I had those exact scenarios on my mind that where bugging me when I originally started building the mod :slight_smile: Glad to read you wanna give it a shot. Let me know how you like! If you (all of you) have questions, comments or encounter any issues, please do not hesitate to reach out!

Oh, and thanks for mentioning me together with Jason and ED devs in one sentence! I feel honered :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

This is nice. How does the notepad function work? Is extra handwriting device required?

Just installing this now and I cant find a community folder where the readme directed me, I have one in SteamLibrary\Steamapps\Common\Microsoft flight sim\community.
In case you need to update the readme for steam users. Or I got it wrong which is known to happen :slight_smile:

Thanks :slight_smile: Glad to read you like it. You don’t need any extra device. Just use your mouse to scribble on the notepad! I am planning to add some kind of iPad support in the future (but ain’t gonna promise anything for the time being :stuck_out_tongue: ). For now this works quite nicely the way it is, I think…

1 Like

You are right! Same is true for the autostart feature, which will be fixed and enhanced in the next version.

For now, Steam users should use fskneeboard.exe --nofs to disable the autostart and therefore prevent the error from popping up :slight_smile:

I now have a continuous black screen, any ideas. Does it take a while to connect and then start. I have it a good 10 minutes

I tried it and the live map work very nice! :+1: What I’m still looking for are some more flight plan organize options like the Payware sim-efb Electronic Flightbag is promising, like an easy way to make a chart database. Any plans to go that way?

My bad it was set to start in vr
Edit doh it’s downloading msfs from scratch. 167 Gb. Grrr

Got it set up now thank you. I think closing MSFS when in VR caused it to not run in 2d at startup and my messing has messed up the files

Hey fellow VR Pilots.

Hope you’re doing peachy! Just wanted to check in and let you guys know that FSKneeboard has been updated to v1.2.0 recently.

(@Cib - It does include the improved autostart feature that does also work with the steam version now :slight_smile: )

The latest release contains a major feature update and includes:

• an all new autosave feature to recover and continue your flights from system instabilities and Flight Simulator crashes (*)
  • dynamic resolution scaling and stretching for users with high-resolution monitors (which is very important for a good VR experience, see below-linked video 4:14)
  • a helicopter icon for you chopper pilots out there
  • automatic update checker
  • and much more…

Please consider yourselves invited to check out the feature reel :slight_smile:

Just like the previous releases, you may download the latest version for FREE from my GitHub at Releases · Christian1984/vfrmap-for-vr · GitHub or support the ongoing development of the mod by visiting the FSKneeboard website and unlock some additional premium features in return!

Cheers and always three greens,

Chris

P.S.: Thanks to all of you guys who are already supporting my work! Your feedback has been incredible; be it suggestions for improvement or simply encouraging and kind words! You guys rock!!!

3 Likes