Warthog Stick Replacement Options

I’m getting old and in my post I did not finish my thought. What I meant was that I like TARGET and hope that the Virpil software will be just as good or better. I understand the “adapter” is just to physically make the stick compatible with the base nothing else.
If I go with an extension, I will be using the Virpil as it is not as heavy.

1 Like

Didnt know, thx for info.

Maico, you are realy geting old or I am geting. So it is VKB or Virpil you ordered?

VKB Gunfighter II with the Modern Combat Grip

1 Like

VKB sent me a message. All preorders have been cancelled. Thanks a bunch for nothing. Grrrr! I lost faith in them now.

I know orders are postponed cause of Chinese New Year, but canceled??

Well that narrows my joystick selection down!

Just a thought, I dont own a warthog but helping out a mate
what parts of the warthog (stick) would benefit from being replaced with aluminium rather than plastic components

The so called articulation sphere, inside the base, and really the entire gimbal would benefit from a metal upgrade. Don’t know if this is available though?
Probably better to buy a new joystick base from VPC or VKB.

to clarify, im looking at machining the parts up myself
so just wanting to get an insight from you fine fellows (warthog owners/users)
what parts would be best suited to refurbishment in a-looooominum

The articulation sphere, inside the ball gimbal, is prone to cracking if you subject it to twist loads, or use an extension.

Google «thrustmaster warthog articulation sphere» and you will see what I mean.

I would pay for a well engineered gimbal replacement. Especially if it came with a small dose of grease and documentation to tell me how to.

1 Like

Ditto. I had a new articulation sphere 3D printed but the rectangular hole for the center cable was slightly too wide, giving my stick a 3-5 degree free play in the yaw axis. Not a game breaker, but annoying. I’d love to replace it with a well machined, metal version.