Where Are You Photos [2022]

South Dakota Air and Space Museum
https://www.sdairandspacemuseum.com/

Next to Ellsworth AFB (Rapid City, South Dakota) home to the B-1 Lancer.
30+ aircraft . Free admission. Outdoors with a small indoor display. Unfortunafely, the indoor part was closed due to renovation. Here are a few aircraft.

15 Likes

Whirlwind out and back to Fairbanks, Ak for work last week.
In between work and “sleep” time, I took advantage of the early sunrises.

18 Likes

Top of the climb, over the range on todays ride

8 Likes

Oshkosh 2022. Aviation sensory overload. :sunglasses: Here are some randoms so far.

16 Likes

Glad your boys got to enjoy my old office. The boom pod.
Someday I need to make Oshkosh.

6 Likes

See you all in a week!

16 Likes

Yes, we did much the same. One of my daughters received a small jellyfish sting. Just the right amount to experience it, without it ruining her day. Showed her how to rub wet sand on it, which someone is going to tell me is ineffective. Maybe, but it’s worked for me, and perhaps has a placebo effect and gives one the feeling that you are at least taking some action. Now back in the water.

We gathered everyone up about 7 and head back in to the dock to catch sunset.

Bad attempt at a product shot.

12 Likes

Jellies suck, I got hit by a wraparound last summer. Couldn’t convince anyone to pee on them, so I just cleaned them and took some advil.

3 Likes

A photo dump of more Oshkosh.

15 Likes

13 Likes

C-5 under tow

15 Likes

Cellphone camera doesn’t do it justice. :roll_eyes:

13 Likes

As I was taking this photo, i noticed pilot-YouTuber Steveo1kinevo in the frame. I said hello and we exchanged pleasantries. I think he was with his parents?? … he seemed a little pre-occupied, understandably, so I didn’t bother asking for a pic with him, but he was still very cool in our conversation.

9 Likes

I wonder what the history is on the 109s. I wonder if they are restorations or newly built. Not sure if anyone is doing these like the 190 and 262. Or, did they come from air forces other than the Luftwaffe. So many were made, yet so few exist.

3 Likes

The last one. The last plane still flying that i want to see on my bucket list.

The rest are all in museums and either in the eastern European countries or the states. But the c5-m is one i need to tick off the list. One flew by me about 7 miles a couple of months ago and was unmistakable just too far to count

5 Likes

My Oshkosh 2022 photos.

13 Likes

12 Likes

14 Likes

15 Likes

So now it can be written off as work-related business travel, right? :rofl:

So, the last three days have taught me I’m not raising a 5 year-old boy, I’m raising a dolphin who sometimes is on land. Haven’t told the better half yet, but I’ve started looking into surf lessons for next year.

6 Likes