Where You Are Photos (2020)

In addition to what Derbysieger said, notice how he placed the light in the middle and used the shadow in the foreground to frame? You’re to draw the eyes to where you want. A fully lit photo wont do that.

7 Likes

Eyes follow the light, and people move to where their eyes point.

This is not only good to know in photography, but also for example in architecture.

Also when my kid does not want to go to bed, I turn off the light where he is and I light up the path to his bedroom. Suddenly he stops arguing and just moves to where I want him to be.
It‘s like a Jedi mind trick. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@Scoop yay, glad it came intact! Make sure you get your “mug holder” title from the staff! They are very prestigious. Ill post a pic of mine when I get home.

2 Likes

@Troll. Am I entitled to be a Mudspike Mug holder now?

2 Likes

With that picture you posted I would think it should be a resounding, YES. :sunglasses:

Wheels

1 Like

@Troll, me too please :innocent:

7 Likes

Like how you inverted the picture @Victork2.
By trying to fix the image you even taught me a new trick to use with Irfanview and a couple of the other simple image editors :sunglasses:

Wheels

3 Likes

I just took a selfie with my phone lol. Its especially confusing when you do that in the cockpit and after look at the photo and wonder why my 3 Yr old is in the captains side of the plane when he was definitely in the right hand seat when I landed :rofl:

3 Likes

By the powers vested in me, as a moderator of the Mudspike forum, I hereby declare you both; Holders of the Mudspike Mug! :mudspike:

7 Likes
        ⬆️⬆️ = Awesome
5 Likes

I am touched and honoured at the dignity and position bestowed upon @Victork2 and myself. I would like to begin by thanking the Wright brothers for making powered flight possible. Tim Berners-Lee for the internet without which Hollo Pointe would be a dream. Naturally I must mention all of the admin team at Mudspike… Pause to allow for watering eyes to be wiped. VictorK2 for introducing me to DCS and Mudspike and…

9 Likes

You might try around on Craigslist - some people install them, then never use them because they are adverse to splitting wood or hauling wood. So sometimes they want to “reclaim” the fireplace (and put candles or some froo-froo stuff in there) and sell the insert and it has barely been used.

2 Likes

Imgur

Imgur

5 Likes

Marty Feldman eyes!

3 Likes

Imgur

Thyssen Krupp Steel as seen from Halde Rheinpreußen (RAW file is a 200Megapixel/670MB monster, this is a 170Megapixel crop)

Tom Scott did a video about the area. It includes this view:

5 Likes

I saw that video a few weeks ago! Really neat!

1 Like

Wow, that was super interesting. I’d not heard of that before. What an incredible feat of engineering. 18 metres is a long way straight up!

1 Like

Wide angle lenses are fuuunnn!

5 Likes

This guy’s got your six AND nine! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Found a good deal on a second hand Nikon D610, seen here next to the D3200. Quite a beefy camera!

6 Likes