X-Plane Releases Thread (2019)

I really hope they’ll do TrueEarth NZ for XP :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I’d buy that in a heartbeat too!

2 Likes

3 Likes

I thought that as well…since my ortho does look pretty darn good already. But the hand placed objects will probably make it worth it, and ORBX generally overhauls all the airports in a region so you’d have quite a few nicer airports than the default X-Plane ones. Not to say you can’t fill in your own region with custom airports, but this will maybe be a nice all-in-one solution. Of course, I’m mostly interested in the backwoods stuff…so I’d love it if they expanded east into Idaho. That is where I really want to do my flying…

1 Like

Looks fantastic. The name / title has me a bit curious. When they came out with FSX’s PACNORWEST, it included a bunch or Oregon and a bit of B.C. Does anyone know if this also include some of that? Or stops at the Washington border?

Map in the other topic here - Orbx TrueEarth US Washington for X-Plane 11 - #13 by fearlessfrog

1 Like

Wow…so yeah, that’s a Day 1 purchase for me…

Very nice looking freeware Marco Island airport (KMKY):

So, anyone tried it yet? I don’t want to be first, my XP is working ok :slight_smile:

1 Like

@chipwich said he would…

3 Likes

Ha, probably go to sit on the fence a while since Carenado just sorted a few important aircraft. Will watch the KA350 and TBM forums too before mashing the big update button.

2 Likes

Pretty good impressions video of x-enviro with Austin Meyer checking it out for the first time:
Austin Meyer looks at X-enviro

6 Likes

Cool…can’t wait to check that out!

I could watch Austin talk for DAYS. I just love the guy’s enthusiasm about everything. Just in the few seconds, he bluntly admits “Our default clouds in X-Plane… (sad trombone sounds).” That had me in stitches.

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing, yeah all vídeos from him i love to see, he is an amazing guy and i respect him a lot. For exemple he did a noble war against some patent trolls.

2 Likes

About X-enviro, it looks gorgeous, but i have many quuestions about it. Compatability with future vulkan? high price and many incompatible issues with some add-ons from what i usually see many people on xp.org foruns complain with add-on X or Y having problems with X-enviro. So i think its a nice add-on but not only you need a nice rig and prepared pocket to pay for it, it can also have some potencial issues with established paywares.

Ok, going for that ‘quick update’ to 11.35b. Just 99133 files to check now…

4 Likes

Say “beer on the wall” after every file! It makes the time go by faster.

1 Like

IF you drink them instead you won’t care after the first 6. happy0097

Wheels

4 Likes

Updated to the 11.35 beta 2 and all seems ok for me, at least with a quick Zibo 737 flight down to KSEA.

2 Likes